Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation: For those who feel stuck in the middle

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

cyberjosh

I'm going to take a different approach for starting a topic here by using a joke to make a point. I just told this joke to Francis in another thread and I thought, "I ought to make a thread on it, since its so funny, and yet hits so close to home."

This was a joke I heard from my Pastor when we talked last week after service. He said:

A man who was in a theology class had to choose a group to be in for a class debate. The class divided up into two groups: Calvinists and Arminians. The man was the only one who wasn't really sure which group he fit in, so he finally just decides to go sit with the Calvinists. The Calvinist group looks at him and asks him, "How did you get over here in this group?" and the man goes, "Uh...I guess I just came of my own freewill." That got the Calvinists into an outrage and they said "There is no free will, get out of here and go to the other group!" So the poor confused man goes over to the Arminian's side and they ask him the same question the Calvinists asked him, "How did you get over here in this group?" He goes, "I was sent." That got their goat and they said "You can't be sent, we believe in free will! Get out of here." So the poor man got kicked out of both groups.

LOL! That kills me everytime I think about it. :tongue

My Pastor said, "This is how I feel sometimes. I don't really fit in either group and neither group agrees with me." :biggrin I feel his pain.

Hope you liked the joke. This was for those who feel stuck in the middle sometimes. Just a "shout out". :tongue Keep studying God's Word he will reveal the truth to you if you seek him earnestly.

God Bless,

~Josh

Hahahahha! That's funny. xD

Though I know it's just a joke, I find it interesting that both groups would send him away for his different beliefs instead of keeping him and trying to either convert him or teach him more of their way of thinking.
Clique much?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back