Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] School...can I really do it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

I'm in a "I don't think I can do it" mood right now. I've spent all day long on this computer trying to work on a ONE PAGE essay. ONE PAGE!!! You'd think I could get it done in a few minutes. My mind just goes blank.

I've got 2 online classes that seem to take up a lot of time because we're pretty much teaching ourselves. Our grade is based on tests, class participation (posting and replying every day), essays, etc. We're given our assignments and we're pretty much on our own. It's HARD!

And my Psychology class.....I like it, but we've yet to open our book. I'm so petrified at the thought of taking our first test. My instructor mainly talks about how he likes to ride through West Virginia, how he hates the governor, how he hates cell phones, etc...He's really funny, and sometimes I think he may be saying some of the stuff he says in order to mess with our minds. I mean, it IS Psychology class. There's no telling WHAT that man has up his sleeve. He's given us a review sheet of what will be on our first test, but we've hardly gone over anything. So, once again, I feel like I'm having to teach myself.

Maybe this is what college is like. I don't know. Just pray for me that i can do this and get good grades. The waiting list for the nursing program is so long and they go by grades. So those that get all A's get accepted into it first.

I'm determined to do it, but I keep getting that "I can't do this" feeling. :crying:

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

(The above verse was also quoted by Laura Wilkinson at the Sydney, Australia 2000 Summer Olympics-on International TV! Yay Laura! http://www.laurawilkinson.com/ )

You can do it Nikki! :angel:

sillynikki said:
I'm in a "I don't think I can do it" mood right now. I've spent all day long on this computer trying to work on a ONE PAGE essay. ONE PAGE!!! You'd think I could get it done in a few minutes. My mind just goes blank.

I've got 2 online classes that seem to take up a lot of time because we're pretty much teaching ourselves. Our grade is based on tests, class participation (posting and replying every day), essays, etc. We're given our assignments and we're pretty much on our own. It's HARD!

And my Psychology class.....I like it, but we've yet to open our book. I'm so petrified at the thought of taking our first test. My instructor mainly talks about how he likes to ride through West Virginia, how he hates the governor, how he hates cell phones, etc...He's really funny, and sometimes I think he may be saying some of the stuff he says in order to mess with our minds. I mean, it IS Psychology class. There's no telling WHAT that man has up his sleeve. He's given us a review sheet of what will be on our first test, but we've hardly gone over anything. So, once again, I feel like I'm having to teach myself.

Maybe this is what college is like. I don't know. Just pray for me that i can do this and get good grades. The waiting list for the nursing program is so long and they go by grades. So those that get all A's get accepted into it first.

I'm determined to do it, but I keep getting that "I can't do this" feeling. :crying:

Hi there!

:angel:

You don't have to go it alone... the Holy Spirit will go before you, beside you, and behind you...

If you need help with homework, then post it on the forums, and see if anyone can help.

You can do all things through Christ.

~serapha~

I still have nightmares about finishing papers, studying for test and all that stuff... seriously. My stress level has gone down so much since those days, because I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well.

My best advice would be to ask a lot of questions, study with classmates and help each other out, and take breaks. If you feel like its stressing you out too much, just walk away from it for awhile.

Just do the best you can, if its meant to be than it will work out ok.

Thanks everyone. I go from feeling ok, to being petrified.

Today I took another exam for my computer information systems class and I completely ACED it! I'm doing great in that class!

I'll get my first grades for my essays tomorrow or Friday. I'm so scared!!!

As for Psychology, I still don't know. Since our grade is based 100% on tests only, we have our first test in 2 weeks. Am I nervous? I'm petrified and feel clueless.

Be anxious for nothing, but in all things rely on GOD.

LORD,
We ask that You will calm Silliynikki's narves. Help her to rely upon You in all things and know that You will be with her as she takes her tests at school, but even more that You will be with her as she takes life's tests.

In JESUS we pray

Awwwww...Justabitofhelp, that was so sweet! Thank you! I really needed that! Bless you! :angel:

Hi nikki, I know exactly how you feel about your psych teacher, I've gone through something similar. I just transferred to a new college, and I got a teacher that acts like you described, one that talks not about the text, but about other things and while he is funny, we still had to teach ourselves. But the way he did it was that we had to teach the class certain sections of the book in front of everyone.

This was especially bad for me since I can't stand public speaking and also the class was unorganized. He gave us a schedule that he hardly ever stuck to, so basically everyday I was a nervous wreck not knowing if or when I was going to be called upon. And alot of the days that I was supposed to go, he talked the whole time so I had to deal with the stress for a whole other week, since the class only met once a week.

But fortunately, with much prayer and determination, I made it through with a B. I definately needed God in that class because speaking in front of people is really a challenge, I can do it but I can't stand it and I get really nervous. There were times I felt like giving up and I really hated going, but I had faith in God and myself and I was able to make it through.

Well with all that said, I think that you should just look at this as a challenge that will make you better and stronger, and like others have said you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you. From reading some of your previous posts, I believe that you are a strong person that has met challenges and have taken them down. Even though it's school, this is just another challenge that you can add to the list that you have defeated and conquered, and have gotten stronger by going through it. This is just another unwritten page to be written in the book of your life. Whenever you feel as if you can not do it, remember everything that you have been able to come from, and that God has not taken you this far to fall, whatever it is that you find difficult in life. I'll pray for you nikki, that you'll get through this and gain what God has ordained for you to gain by going through this ordeal, as well as peace, and understanding.

P.S. sorry about the length, and I hope it helps you ^_^

good luck in school...college can be so stressful at times but God will get you through it.

I was CERTAIN that I failed my Psych test. I took it last Tuesday and got my grade back Thursday. I made a C! I was thrilled. I would have liked a better grade, but since i was sure I had failed it, a C was fine with me! :lol:

I also studied the wrong people. Leave it to me to do that! I did good except for the section about the people in history of Psychology. Stupid me. Oh well. There's always next time to do better.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back