Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Science sometimes right but always wrong when.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

carey

When science theories seem to contradict anything in the Bible they will
100 % of the time stay Just theories.

The Bible foretold of the stupidity of mans science.

1 Timothy 6 : 20Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

I believe in a lot of scientist say. For example the big bang. I was watching t.v. and watched a thing about parallel universes and they said the universe is a really a giant membrane, this is called the "membrane theory" or "m-theory". They also said the big bang occurred because two other membranes collided causing the big bang. Why couldn't God make this universe with the big bang?

smile

Newkid00 said:
I believe in a lot of scientist say. For example the big bang. I was watching t.v. and watched a thing about parallel universes and they said the universe is a really a giant membrane, this is called the "membrane theory" or "m-theory". They also said the big bang occurred because two other membranes collided causing the big bang. Why couldn't God make this universe with the big bang?

He did he said let their be light and bang it was so. It did not take millions of years.

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.â€Â

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...â€Â

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...â€Â

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.â€Â

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...â€Â

so carey... Do you believe in geocentric system? with no earth quakes?

peace4all you got a good point there. Okay everybody think about this The Old Testament was written a long long time ago, and humans told both Old and New via talking and later on scriptures. And we being humans and humans make mistakes a lot, so mistakes had to happen. I'm a Christian and believe Christ is Lord, but that doesn't mean I believe 100% of the bible. Because humans written it down and humans are flawed. So I myself believe in the m-theory, big bang, parallel universes, evolutions, all that. God made us open minded because I think he knew humans were going to change the bible a bit by accident or on purpose. So we can search and hopefully find the truth.

smile

peace4all said:
so carey... Do you believe in geocentric system? with no earth quakes?

the passages you quoted are obviously talking about the planets position in the solar system.

carey said:
When science theories seem to contradict anything in the Bible they will
100 % of the time stay Just theories.

The Bible foretold of the stupidity of mans science.

1 Timothy 6 : 20Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, 21which some have professed and in so doing have wandered from the faith.
Grace be with you.

Are you trying to make a point here?

Re: smile

carey said:
the passages you quoted are obviously talking about the planets position in the solar system.

carey, you are stretching the meanings of those passsages VERY far if you think they are talking about the planets.. And even so, then do you believe the planets do not orbit the sun?

peace4all said:
carey, you are stretching the meanings of those passsages VERY far if you think they are talking about the planets.. And even so, then do you believe the planets do not orbit the sun?
When you have the Holy Spirit to interpret the Word of God for you, then you can make a determination whether one is stretching the meaning of Scripture or not. Until then you are ignorant of the spiritual things of God. Carey is correct in his interpretation that the immovable portion of the verses that you supplied means just that. The earth is not able to be moved from the orbit, place in which God prescribed it to be.

peace4all said:

Yes I beleive the earth sitting on its foundation that a comet or meteor could not shake off of ,does rotate around the sun firmly and immovably in its place in the solar system and distance from the sun.
Making it perfect for the life God chose to place on it.

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.â€Â

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...â€Â

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...â€Â

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.â€Â

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast.

Solo said:
When you have the Holy Spirit to interpret the Word of God for you, then you can make a determination whether one is stretching the meaning of Scripture or not. Until then you are ignorant of the spiritual things of God.
Then where do all the different denominations come from?

If the Holy Spirit does this, then the members of only one denomination can be making use of it. Which one is it? They all claim to be the right one...

jwu said:

If the Holy Spirit does this, then the members of only one denomination can be making use of it. Which one is it? They all claim to be the right one...

The Holy Spirit teaches the truth of the Word of God. It is up to the believer to submit to the truth of God, and not his own interpretation.

The different denominations exist because of the flesh making interpretations over the spirit, and the doctrines of man overtaking the doctrines of the Spirit. No big deal as far as salvation is concerned (except for those denominations that are not based on the truth of God's Word).

Paul experienced the same divisions in the early church at Corinth whom he considered babes in Christ on the milk of the Word. These at Corinth had many problems, and it was due to an immaturity in spiritual growth. Here is Paul's exhortation to them to be united in Christ Jesus:

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions F2 among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. 16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 1 Corinthians 1:10-19

No matter though, God's grace covers the immature and the mature believers in the body of Christ.

jwu said:

Actually there is mo one denomination but a remnant of the Spiritual Israel that is part of most if not all denominations.

The Holy spirit will enlighten many in those denominations as they study.

I have seen Biblical contradictions in man mage doctrines of every denomination.

But these faults in denominational doctrine do not mean that one should avoig that denomination all together since man and of course man made doctrines will be falible.

As the Holy spirit enlightens one regardless of the Denominational flock he has gleaned his Biblical knowlege from he should of course share with his bretheren what the Holy spirit has revealed to him so to help his bretheren grow in The word.

together since man and of course man made doctrines will be falible.

so, even though the bible may say something against science, the science could be right, because man made doctrines are fallible.

peace4all said:
so, even though the bible may say something against science, the science could be right, because man made doctrines are fallible.
If man misinterprets science, the scientific observation man made science is wrong; if man misinterprets God's Word, the doctrine is man made and is wrong.

Science is the observation of the physical realm which God is the author of. Man must observe God's creation with a full understanding of God and creation in order to observe science correctly. A faulty perspective of God and His creation will produce faulty science.

smile

peace4all said:

Man made doctrines God made the Bible with his Miraculous power has kepy man from messing it up.

man has tried many times to stamp out the bible.
It has been translated into all languages but the context has stayed the same . Man does not have the ability to change the Bible because God will not allow it.

The confusion comes hwne man tries to say the Bible is falible that is when they lose the Holy spirits enlightenment and confuse context.

When one finally comes to trust God and his Holy word the Bible they will have an understanding coming from the Holy spirit and the Bible will never seem to contradict itself.

Here is an example.

Someone may say you go directly to heaven or hell when you die.

This would be in contradiction to for 1 Revelations 20

They get the idea often from when jesus spoke to theif on the cross.

The original language it wa written in was Greek when referring to this.

Greek has no punctuation

so let me give an example.

Jesus said

"verily I say unto you today you will be with me in paradise"

Watch when translated to a language with commas what can happen.

Verily I say unto you today, you (WILL) be with me in Paradise
this does not contradict reve 20

Verily I say unto you, (TODAY) you will be with me in heaven.
This contradicts rev 20.

We know the Bible is infalible so where should the comma go in translation??

But without punctuation as it was originally written anyone who has the Holy spirits guidance would know as we know today the context because the Bible is infalible.

Science also is falible but the Bible is not.

God bless,
Carey

@Carey: Years before the words of Jesus were written down, they were just out in the open. People would tell the story to someone, that person would tell it someone, and so on and so forth. So you think nothing was change during that time? :o Also God didn't stop the Church from excluding the other gospels when making the official bible.

NOPE

Newkid00 said:
@Carey: Years before the words of Jesus were written down, they were just out in the open. People would tell the story to someone, that person would tell it someone, and so on and so forth. So you think nothing was change during that time? :o Also God didn't stop the Church from excluding the other gospels when making the official bible.

No God made sure his word was written down exactly as he intended.

The so called "Gospels" excluded were not Gods word or he would not have allowed them not to be included.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back