Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Self-Righteousness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
AVBunyan said:
When one seeks to justify and earn God's righteousness by his own efforts - works salvation - the "lose it" doctrine - All fall into:

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The righteousness of God is the righteousness that Jesus preached when he was walking here on earth. It’s a righteousness of the heart, and not just following the letter of the law. It’s not the rites and rituals of the OT ordinances, but a true love for God and sincere love, mercy and forgiveness for one another. The Pharisees had no love for their fellow man but were always trying to appear holy to men by their outward deeds and their performance of rituals. Inside, they were “full of dead men’s bones.†They did not submit to the righteousness of God, not being at all interested in justice, mercy and love.

self-righteous?

Contribution. . .

When I am self-righteous I am righteous in my own eyes. In forum discussions setting aside 'iron sharpening iron' if I am not arguing out of love for my neigbour then I am probably arguing out of self-righteous motives.

In Christ: Stranger

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back