Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] Servant of miracles

The Servant of Miracles

There is a shop keeper sweeping up his store. He has such a good relationship with his customers that they sometimes help him clean. (The shop keeper is known a giver in the community). One day three women walk in and ask to rest, so the shop keeper takes them into his break room, and so that they have some company some of the employees and helping customers join them myself included. As we sit in a circle the women begin to tell us about a dilemma that they are having. Of the three women is an old woman she looks like and older version of Mary, but she is in all white with all white hair. This woman has two daughters who assists her in her journey. The daughters are in the same type of dress but they are in all black and they have long black hair. This old woman travels the world performing Miracles and has many followers. Some say that the number of followers rivals those of Jesus. Many have considered her a god or god
like.
(As the women tell me this I picture a large road with millions of people lined up to see this woman)
Because of this Christians believe that her true message is being tainted.

(Ask yourself this question: Do you think because this woman is being considered someone to be worshiped even though she tells others not to that it defeats the purpose of her being blessed with this power?
Some may say yes.
Some may even say as long as people are being helped we should rejoice.)

There is one more thing this woman's youngest daughter turns to me and says that she feels it is true. She gives an example of two French men who know nothing of God and how God works through someone to perform miracles. They believe it is all the power of this woman and they begin to worship her as god.(There are many times when we see or hear of someone doing great works and focus on them and great power that they have and how they are
lucky to be able to do those things.)

The truth is that the reason this woman has been given this power is to spark the true power that has Already been given to all of us. Jesus told his deciples in John 14:12 (KJV) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." So even the two French men have the potential to unlock the same power within themselves that they are worshiping the old woman for having.
We have the potential of unlocking this untapped power within ourselves. The problem is instead of working on building our own faith to achieve our potential power we spend too much time focusing on the mighty works of others.

THE BEGINNING

Where do we go from here?
Answer: Now that you know that God wants you to unlock this power you should not worry about how you will get there. Just as God has lead you to this point.
He will lead you in the direction of unlocking this power. We each have our own journey to reaching this potential. We only have to open our hearts and minds to be willing, obedient, and faithful.
Work on strengthening your faith. Whenever the disciples had a problem performing a task and ran to Jesus for help he would say "O Ye of little faith" because that is the foundation for God to work through you. Your Faith!

God gave us this story because he has a plan for us once more of us begins to unlock this power.
Share this lesson with others so that we may strengthen the kingdom of God with mighty soldiers to do great works.
We are all destined to be servants of miracles.

Please let me know if you share this lesson with others or if this message blessed you in some way. I would like to know the progress of God's message through this forum.

Back