Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

SHOCKING VIDEO REAL BIBLICAL TRUTH!!!!!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

IF YOUVE NEVER HEARD PAUL WASHER YOUR IN FOR SOMETHING SERIOUS!!THIS MAN LAYS OUT THE TRUTH PERIOD, NO GRAY AREA HE JUST LAYS THE LINE OUT QUICKLY AND POWERFULLY BETWEEN TRUTH AND FALLICY DONT MISS THIS AMAZING SHOCKING MESSAGE THAT HE PREACHES TO 5000 YOUTH......

HTTP://MYSPACE.COM/RAZELIVEWIRE

This is a hard message, it makes me sick...not because it offends me but infact because it is so true it makes me sick. The Church is incredibly decieved. He had to go to extremely painful means, even to tell the people not to clap at his message because he isn't seeking for approval, to get this painful message accross. This message presents Jesus as the rock of offense better than almost any sermon I have ever heard. Yet his sincerity is a much as it could possibly get. He literally cried up there. The only other person I have heard to preach like Paul Washer was John Bevere who also emphasised the narrow way and the necessity of examining one's self. This is a completely anti-"seeker friendly" message and it seems that he was never invited back. This invites the most somber of reflections on the Christian life.

Those that can handle it, listen as you may. Ignore it and prepare to allow greater offense in your life to take over.

God gives grace but don't be decieved because there is too much at stake. There is a lighter side to the Christian life once in a proper walk with God but this is meant as a culture shock and is not lenient at all on sin and fake Christianity.

Personally I didn't find it offensive but I can imagine how some would. For me it reflects the sad state of the church - not only in the US but all those worldwide who have sought to emulate it.

And while there would have been a few impacted by the message, I doubt whether the majority even understand. Eyes to see and never seeing. Ears to hear and never hearing.

Sorry but I have got to ask why has this sermon not spurred more discussion on this board. To tell you the truth I am taking a better look at myself and my church. I guess that is what is important but I would like to know the opinions of others on this board.

Also I have a question, what denomination has a similar type of view?

DISconect2 said:
I watched the video a month or so ago on another site. It convicted my own heart and stepped on my toes, but it was a much needed message.

I don't think anything the man said was 'denominational', but scriptural. It makes us feel off the hook to say, "thats just a denominational view point", when in fact it is nothing but a biblical view point that we would all do well to take to heart.

DISconect2 said:
Sorry but I have got to ask why has this sermon not spurred more discussion on this board. To tell you the truth I am taking a better look at myself and my church. I guess that is what is important but I would like to know the opinions of others on this board.
You are correct. It should fire up some more discussions for sure. We do, from time to time, enter into discussions like this, but they eventually turn into arguments betwenn the more liberal and the more reserved believers.

He is speaking from an old school, Southern Baptist mindset, but he was very quick to tell the congregation he was speaking to that they have forgotten something. He was quick to remind them that is no such thing as a carnal Christian. He seems to be pointing fingers directly at Youth Ministries.

Hmm...

This sermon has been posted all over the net for the last few months, I'd have to agree with Vic, Old [Particular/Reformed see John L. Dagg, J. P. Boice] Southern Baptist.

:wink:

JM said:
This sermon has been posted all over the net for the last few months, I'd have to agree with Vic, Old [Particular/Reformed see John L. Dagg, J. P. Boice] Southern Baptist.

:wink:

JM's signature said:

The signature you are presently using is not much different than what a part of that sermon relayed. :)

And isn't it ironic, your avatar :wink:
12474892184590a927b0395wl7.jpg
shows a t-shirt with the message HISTORY MATTERS... And T-shirts and logos just happens to be another subject Paul Washer brought up about how people love to use t-shirts as casual means of relaying a message, and sad to say, without enough people really taking Jesus seriously enough.

I see Paul Washer's message as very serious plea for people to start taking their walk with Christ Jesus seriously, instead of going about and acting as if Christianity is just another fad. And I see Paul Washer's plea for people to wake up from out of their stupor, to walk IN Christ, not all over Him. It is clear that these days, all too many people totally miss what being true to the Christian life is all about. The message of What Christ Jesus is all about is missed, and the widespread epidemic of casual Christianity is a very sad thing to see. That's what I got out of it, and makes no matter what denomination is being addressed. The truth is not based on denomination, so denomination is not the issue in his message. The issue is that Christians who think they are saved are being mislead. And that is something to be taken seriously, These people need to know the truth! And I see Paul Washer as a minister who has come to cry out to all those who have been living a lie to come to know the truth!

Paul Washer said:
excerpts from page 10-12 of the text file:
What is the sign that someone has become a genuine Christian? I wish that we would start
teaching this again. What happened to our theology? What happened to our doctrine? What
happened to our teaching? It went right out the window. No one wants to study doctrine
anymore. They just want to listen to songs and read the back of Christian tee shirts. What
happened to truth? Truth tells you this. The evidence––the way that you can have assurance that
you are genuinely a born-again Christian––is that you do, as a style of life, the will of the Father.
You say, “Oh, you’re talking about works.†No, I’m not. I’m talking about evidence of faith,
and it goes like this. Your profession of faith is no proof that you’re born again because
everybody in this whole country professes faith in Jesus Christ. Barnard tells us that 65 to 70
percent of all Americans are saved, born-again Christians. The most Godless country on the face
of the earth. Kill 4,000 babies a day but, bless God, 70 percent of us are born again. How do
you know that the faith you have is not false? A style of life that is concerned about doing the

will of the Father, that practices the will of the Father, and when you disobey the will of the
Father, the Holy Spirit comes and reprimands you either personally through the written Word of
God or through a brother or sister in Christ, and God puts you back on the path again. If you’re a
genuine Christian, you cannot escape Him.
Let me give you an example. If I was your pastor and you were, let’s say, 14 years old and I
came back from preaching at one o’clock in the morning and I saw you standing out there in a
park or on a corner with a bunch of hoodlums, doing things you shouldn’t be doing and you’re a
member of our church, I would tell you, “Get in the car.†I would take you home to your father.
I wouldn’t be mad at you. I’d be mad at your father. I would tell him, “Sir, you are a derelict
father that you would allow your child to be out in such circumstances.â€Â
I want you to know something. God is not a derelict father. If you can play around in sin, if you
can love the world and love the things of the world, if you can always be involved in the world
and doing things of the world, if your heroes are worldly people, if you want to look like them
and act like them, if you practice the same things they practice, oh my dear friend, listen to my
voice. There’s a good chance you know not God, and you do not belong to him.
Now, we bring this to a close, verse 22: Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, did we not
prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons, and in your name perform many
miracles. Then I will declare to them, I never knew you.
You say the most important thing on the face of the earth is to know Jesus Christ. That is not
true. The most important thing on the face of the earth is that Jesus Christ knows you. I’m not
going to get into the White House tomorrow because I walk up to the gate and tell everybody I
know George Bush, but they will let me in if George Bush comes out and says, “I know Paul
Washer.â€Â
You can profess to know Jesus, but my question for you . . . do you know Jesus? Does Jesus
know you? And look how he describes the lost man here. He said, Depart from me you who
practice lawlessness. In Greek, anomia––a negative particle, a, “notâ€Â; word nomos, “lawâ€Â––“no
law.†And this is what it means. Let me give you an accurate translation of this. Depart from
me––Listen to me, if I could come out there and hug you while I was telling you this, I would.
Listen to me. He says, Depart from me those of you who claim to be my disciples who confessed
me as Lord and, yet, you live as though I never gave you a law to obey.
I just described a great majority of North American Christianity. If anyone starts talking about
law, if anyone starts talking about Biblical principles on what we’re supposed to do and not
supposed to do, how we’re to live and not supposed to live, everyone starts screaming,
“Legalist.†But Jesus said, Depart from me those of you who live––you called me Lord, but you
lived as though I had never given a law.
In American Christianity today, pass through the gate. Praise God. Live like the rest of the
world and it’s okay. You’re just carnal. Maybe one day you’ll come back. Do you know what
happens because of our bad evangelism? We have gazillions of children saved in vacation Bible
school, and when they hit 15 years old, they enter into the world and live like demons, a great

majority of them. And then when they’re around 30, they come back and rededicate their life.
Maybe they just got saved. Because, folks, it’s more than just telling someone you’re saved
because you acknowledged that Jesus is Lord. Satan acknowledges that Jesus is Lord. Is your
life in a process of change?

God Bless him! Americans need a wake up call such as the one Paul Washer presented in that sermon! I'm glad this message has made it's way around the internet and is still going strong!

The message knocked me on my knees. Which the way my life has been the last couple of years is exactly where I need to be.

I am very thankful to have found it.

Okay, I was finally able to download the video that the OP was speaking about, and it was definitely worth the wait. My older son, and I, listened and it was huge blessing to both of us. My husband plans to listen this evening.

I agree with Mr. Washer on all that he said, but something else struck me as I listened to him, and I thought more about our reactions...

777...moved to share it because it is so Truthful.

Cyber...sickened because the church is so deceived.

Mutz...understanding that we must be prepared to hear...having ears to hear, and eyes to see, and I think Mr. Washer obviously knew that many would miss his point, or twist it, probably for the same reason.

DISconect2...why aren't we discussing this more? Knocked to His knees.

destiny...Scriptural, much needed, convicting, we all need to take it to heart.

Vic...we do need to discuss this more, but it turns into debates...focusing in on there is no such thing as a carnal christian.

Relic and Vic, offered more access to the sermon, and in Relic's case to another by him.

Relic also pointed out that Christianity is not a fad, but to be taken seriously, and it is a much needed wake up call.

Jason, and Javier...reminded them of the more "old school" type preaching.

My son just interrupted me because he just heard a song about the wise man (the believer) building his house upon the Rock while he was picking up his room. lol He pointed out that it was in Mr. Washer's sermon too, and that he showed us how to correctly interpret it. He said, "Mom, God is telling me to build on his Truth and strength even when I am cleaning my room." lol That's so nice to hear for a mother, I can't say how nice. It brings tears, and a welling emotion, I tell you, to hear my son grasp pieces of God's Truth.

Anyway, I was thinking that it is such a blessing to hear someone preach as Mr. Washer did. Isn't it? It seems from our reactions that it was nice to see Truth so plainly spoken, and to youth even. We were all convicted, but also gravitating...it was ringing true in us. So, while some will be offended, others will be convicted...and fed! I like that.

Relic, thanks for pointing out this thread to me, because you are correct, Mr. Washer was speaking on things that were related to the "thoughts and questions" thread I posted in Christian Talk and Advice.

I also wanted to point out something else, that I found to be blessing after going to Mr. Washer's website...or HeartCry's website, rather.

An excerpt from their mission statement page...

"From the very outset, we hope to make it clear that we are a ministry of a local church - a simple fellowship of believers gathered together with a common interest and calling to labor in the Great Commission. We have no purpose for self-promotion and have no ambition except that of obeying the Lord’s will. Although we have experienced a good measure of God’s blessing in our endeavors, we are not indispensable to the growth of His kingdom. If we were to perish tomorrow, it would not in any way hinder the mighty advance of His will, nor diminish the increase of His harvest. We exist and bear fruit only because of God’s gracious purpose (John 15:16). He is not served by human hands, as though He needed anything (Acts 17:25). He will make His Name great among the nations (Malachi 1:11) with or without us.
Although we have this sure confidence in the Lord’s character and decree, we are not unaware of the times, nor are we without passion. At the dawn of this new millennium, we stand at the threshold of countless opportunities to witness the revelation of God’s glory among the nations. To tarry is to miss out on the greatest open door the Church has ever known. It is not a time for small visions, narrow minds, and tight spirits, but a time for boldness, courage, and dependence upon the faithful promises of God. It is a time for taking up crosses, counting things lost, and following the Master.
For all these reasons and more, the HeartCry Missionary Society is trusting God for His all-sufficient grace that we might be of some useful service to the Master in this greatest of all endeavors. May we be found faithful until the Lord’s standard is raised on every continent, in every nation, and among every people. May God’s good providence fulfill His every promise to gather a people for His Son and to make His Name great among the nations!"

This should be every believer's mission statement, I think. I was very blessed to read it, and am moved. The Lord bless all of you. Thanks for the thread, 777.

lovely said:
... My son just interrupted me because he just heard a song about the wise man (the believer) building his house upon the Rock while he was picking up his room. lol He pointed out that it was in Mr. Washer's sermon too, and that he showed us how to correctly interpret it. He said, "Mom, God is telling me to build on his Truth and strength even when I am cleaning my room." lol That's so nice to hear for a mother, I can't say how nice. It brings tears, and a welling emotion, I tell you, to hear my son grasp pieces of God's Truth....
This just reminded me of some lyrics to a song called, American Dream.

http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/cast ... ndream.php

"And he works and he builds with his own two hands
And he pours all he has in a castle made with sand
But the wind and the rain are comin' crashing in
Time will tell just how long his kingdom stands...
His kingdom stands"

Non-denominational. ;) A.K.A. Biblical, straight from the Bible. Destiny hit the nail on the head.\

The message knocked me on my knees. Which the way my life has been the last couple of years is exactly where I need to be.

Trust me, I've already been knocked on my knees... by the teachings of John Bevere. When I heard sanctification preached for real for the first time and those messages coming to me at a point in my life when I was really seeking to find out if I was filled with the Holy Spirit it completely changed my life. I was literaly down on my knees weeping in joy at the revelation, it felt like being born again, nothing else can compare. This message was just another somber reminder of what I had already learned about how important sanctification was.

Read my thread here where I described this in more detail. I think it will also blow your mind.

God Bless,

~Josh

Ok I am new here. I have been living a lie. I dont know where to go from here. I have so many questions. How do I start living the way God wants me to?im very confused

It's not confusing, it's simple, Caliptix. The word is not far from you but right inside you. Confess your sins to God as you understand them to be. You must repent of your sin if you are going to be saved and if you go to God in a sincere heart, he will show you how your life has been displeasing to him. Yield to him all areas of your life and don’t hold anything back from serving him. He will teach you what you need to do to please him. Jesus taught that we are to love one another and forgive as we have been forgiven by God and if you do not forgive, neither will your heavenly father forgive you. Do unto others as you would like them to treat you. If you draw near unto God, he will draw near unto you, but if you have sin that you refuse to confess and turn away from, he will not hear you. God bless you in your search for his will in your life.

Caliptix said:
Ok I am new here. I have been living a lie. I dont know where to go from here. I have so many questions. How do I start living the way God wants me to?im very confused

Please correct me if i'm wrong here (be gental ^_^ )

There are a couple big things that I took from this sermon...

1. Far too many people hang their hats on the "decision theology" (which can mean different things to different people. I'm understanding that he means the simple process of asking God into their hearts) and then that's it.

2. Far to many of these "christians" continue to live sinful lives. Now while it's not good works that get you to heaven, but the grace of God, that doesn't give you an open pass to sin freely. I feel that you have somewhat of a responsibilty to strive to live a holy life. Does it please God? Yes. But also for fellow christians and non-believers. If you state you are a christian and a redeemed child of God, yet openly keep sinning, what could that possilbly do to someone who's faith is weak? It also could start to play into either the sin against the holy spirit or that which Martin Luther warned against - self-righoutsness.

There are numerous spots in the bible where we are given examples of how to live a God-loving life. Obviously the 10 Commandments, Love thy neighbor as thyself, and Paul gives us an excellent explination in Galations 5:16-26

Does that ansnwer any questions?

(Note: It's not my intention to start a debate into decision theology. I'm a WELS member and we do not advocate the theology. It seemed to me that the preacher in the sermon didn't exactly advocate it either.)

Back