Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sickness: Is it God's Will?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jon-Marc said:
I do know that God uses sickness to teach us lessons we wouldn't learn any other way. Sin brought sickness into the world, and God uses it for His purpose. He didn't heal Paul of whatever ailed him (Many believe it to be his eyes). Many people (including myself) have prayed for healing of all kinds and received no healing. Sometimes the sickness is for the purpose of bringing glory to God, as it says in John 11:4.
Amen, Jon
Just think how puffed up and prideful we would be if we never experienced any problems. We would be worthless, self-righteous, and wouldn't be able to show the slightest empathy toward those who are in a crises.
We would be useless to God.
God can use sickness for His glory, as he can use being poor for His glory.
If we never experienced sorrows we would become arrogant, judgmental, and absolutely worthless.

God doesn't use sickness and disease to teach His children a lesson. You might say God made Job sick. No He didn't. The devil did. Yes, but God gave the devil permission. True, but God didn't commission it. You see, God will permit you to rob a gas statioin, but He won't commission you do do it.

No, the Bible is plain about why sickness came upon Job. Job had said, .. the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me ( job. 3:25). So he himself had opened the door to the devil by being afraid.

Bible scholars agree that the entire Book of Job took place in 9 to 18 months. And in chapter 42, you can read about the works of God. For example, Job 42:10 says that God turned Job's captivity. That means when Job was sick, he was in captivity to the devil. When he was in poverty, he was in captivity to the devil.

But God turned Job's captivity and gave him twice as much as he had to begin with ( v.10). Job lived 140 years after he got healed. That's God's work.

May God bless, golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
God doesn't use sickness and disease to teach His children a lesson. You might say God made Job sick. No He didn't. The devil did. Yes, but God gave the devil permission. True, but God didn't commission it. You see, God will permit you to rob a gas statioin, but He won't commission you do do it.

No, the Bible is plain about why sickness came upon Job. Job had said, .. the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me ( job. 3:25). So he himself had opened the door to the devil by being afraid.

Bible scholars agree that the entire Book of Job took place in 9 to 18 months. And in chapter 42, you can read about the works of God. For example, Job 42:10 says that God turned Job's captivity. That means when Job was sick, he was in captivity to the devil. When he was in poverty, he was in captivity to the devil.

But God turned Job's captivity and gave him twice as much as he had to begin with ( v.10). Job lived 140 years after he got healed. That's God's work.

May God bless, golfjack

Golfjack - I can't agree with all you say. True, God didn't afflict Job - He gave satan permisssion to do that - but it wasn't BECAUSE Job feared he would be afflicted.

It is recorded that God said to Satan "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

Hardly a man who opened himself up to the devil because he was afraid. In fact God had put a hedge around about him and blessed him and all he had and did. It was God who provoked the whole circumstance because He was assured that even IF Job was afflicted, he would not sin. And so it proved to be.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back