Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Strange

Here's a contradiction.

The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. Psa.37:12-13 KJV

For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth saith the Lord GOD Eze.18:32 KJV

I couldn't see this contradiction being solved until I realized how stupid I was for not following Jesus. Although there is absolutely nothing funny about the wicked whio abused Gods' only Son, I laugh at my own stupidity.

I think God smiled when He saw the day of my salvation,

he rejoiceth more of that shee Mt.18:13 KJV
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. Lk.15:7 JJV

For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls. 2Pet.2:25 KJV

This is also the correct way of seeing explaining how the deaths of unsaved loved ones being judged will be as our brothers dying, because that is how the God of the Bible views all of us before salvation... and after. We will never rejoice in the death of the wicked, unless it's the old man! 🙂

And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understandnot; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Isa.6:9 KJV
vs.
I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Isa.45:19 KJV

Seems as though the reason why God speaks but all don't hear because is because they won't listen, not they can't listen.
For the most part, you are right.
But God did stop the ears of the Jews so they wouldn't interrupt Jesus' mission on earth.
Rom 11:7-8..."What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day."

For the most part, you are right.
But God did stop the ears of the Jews so they wouldn't interrupt Jesus' mission on earth.
Rom 11:7-8..."What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day."
Paul is saying,
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psa.66:18 KJV

Like gently nudging someone to get uo, but they tell you leave me alone. So you start shaking them and they rebel saying, "Get out!"

Gods' word us also comoared to an iron bar,

And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. Lk.12:47-48 KJV

God corrects the unsaved (who are left physically alive) because we are all his wayward children. He fist corrected me when I was unsaved..

Paul is saying,
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psa.66:18 KJV
Paul's quote of David is true.
Like gently nudging someone to get uo, but they tell you leave me alone. So you start shaking them and they rebel saying, "Get out!"
OK.
I see that here all the time.
Gods' word us also comoared to an iron bar,
I couldn't find any scripture attesting to that.
And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. Lk.12:47-48 KJV
God corrects the unsaved (who are left physically alive) because we are all his wayward children. He fist corrected me when I was unsaved..
The unconverted are not God's servants.

Paul's quote of David is true.
Yes. Our brother David was a man after the heart of God and also said,

Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psa.51:11 KJV
OK.
I see that here all the time.[/b]
Yes but when we do it, it's because we can't agree on what God said. He's the only One who has a right to be angry. We need to be gentle because we can always be wrong.

I couldn't find any scripture attesting to that.
The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Psa.110:2 KJV This speaks of Jesus.

Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Psa.89:32 KJV Thus us Jesus cirrecting sinners by His word.

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jer.23:29 KJV
Pro..22:15 = Deu.6:7
The unconverted are not God's servants.
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. Mt.18:23,

One asked the Lord for mercy and was forgiven. The same servant wouldn't do the same,

Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt,because thou desiredst me: Mt.18:32 KJV

Hopeful 2
Do we have any agreement?

Yes. Our brother David was a man after the heart of God and also said,
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Psa.51:11 KJV
Yep.
Yes but when we do it, it's because we can't agree on what God said.
God's word is clear to them who listen.
His word is always based on Jesu' two commandments...Love God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind...and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If somebodies understanding of what God says deviates from that premise, it should be obvious to all that the understanding being presented is not of God.
He's the only One who has a right to be angry. We need to be gentle because we can always be wrong.
Agreed.
The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Psa.110:2 KJV This speaks of Jesus.
Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Psa.89:32 KJV Thus us Jesus cirrecting sinners by His word.
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jer.23:29 KJV
Pro..22:15 = Deu.6:7
Do you think that is an iron rod ?
Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants. Mt.18:23,
One asked the Lord for mercy and was forgiven. The same servant wouldn't do the same,
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt ,because thou desiredst me: Mt.18:32 KJV
Hopeful 2
Do we have any agreement?
We do agree on the fact that USUALLY only God has a right to be angry. (Eph 4:26)
There are also times for us to be angry.
Someone's expressing a different opinion, on any topic, isn't one of them.

Ok. Then consider why David said,

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. Psa.51:16 KJV

God forgave David without sacrifice, because under Jewish law there is no sacrifice for adultery or murder.
God's word is clear to them who listen.
His word is always based on Jesu' two commandments...Love God with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind...and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
If somebodies understanding of what God says deviates from that premise, it should be obvious to all that the understanding being presented is not of God.
I fully aree. Now in a spiritual sense. what David did is no different than what satan did, commit adultery with church members (Christs' bride) but then couldn't kill the churches Husband.
Do you think that is an iron rod ?
Yes. He corrects us by His word when we act foolishly. Iron symbolizes strength.
We do agree on the fact that USUALLY only God has a right to be angry. (Eph 4:26)
No, He has a right to be angry whenever He wants.
There are also times for us to be angry.
Someone's expressing a different opinion, on any topic, isn't one of them.
I meant, we should be angry at the things God is angry bout, but we don't have a right to view others with contempt, "thinking we're above it." Be angry but sin not.

Ok. Then consider why David said,
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. Psa.51:16 KJV
David understood that burnt offerings and sacrifices accomplish nothing.
Only a changed heart does...even today.
God forgave David without sacrifice, because under Jewish law there is no sacrifice for adultery or murder.
OK, though David still was punished.
I fully aree. Now in a spiritual sense. what David did is no different than what satan did, commit adultery with church members (Christs' bride) but then couldn't kill the churches Husband.
When did that happen ?
What are you referring to ?
Yes. He corrects us by His word when we act foolishly. Iron symbolizes strength.
OK.
No, He has a right to be angry whenever He wants.
You have misapplied the "USUALLY" to God, instead of us; as I intended.
I meant, we should be angry at the things God is angry bout, but we don't have a right to view others with contempt, "thinking we're above it." Be angry but sin not.
Of course.

David understood that burnt offerings and sacrifices accomplish nothing.
Only a changed heart does...even today.
Those sacrifices could remove sins if the sinners were truly repentant over slaying the lamb, goat, etc,

For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works toserve the living God? Heb.9:13-14 KJV
OK, though David still was punished.
That's correction, not condemnation,

But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 1Cor.11:32

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. Psa.119:71 KJV
When did that happen ?
When the devil went after Eve in Eden.
What are you referring to ?
The Bible being spiritually discerned. The stories in the OT are true, but they are also all speaking of Christ.
You have misapplied the "USUALLY" to God, instead of us; as I intended.
My mistake, but my point was Gods' righteous anger comes from His own righteousness. We may also become angry but remember that the thing we're angry about (unrighteous of man) is what we ourselves are guilty of.

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom.3:23 NKJV

And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah. 2Sam.24:1 KJV
vs.
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.1Chr.21:1

Those sacrifices could remove sins if the sinners were truly repentant over slaying the lamb, goat, etc,
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works toserve the living God? Heb.9:13-14 KJV
Why would a sinner be repentant over slaying the lamb or goat ?
That's correction, not condemnation,
I didn't say condemnation...though if the correction were ignored, it would result in condemnation.
David lost his son, and the kingdom, because of his sin.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 1Cor.11:32
It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. Psa.119:71 KJV
Stay true to the Lord, and there will be no need for chastening.
When the devil went after Eve in Eden.
Are you really saying the devil committed adultery with Eve ?
The Bible being spiritually discerned. The stories in the OT are true, but they are also all speaking of Christ.
Some certainly are.
My mistake, but my point was Gods' righteous anger comes from His own righteousness. We may also become angry but remember that the thing we're angry about (unrighteous of man) is what we ourselves are guilty of.
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom.3:23 NKJV
If one commits sin, they have disobeyed the very first command from Peter in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
The unrepentant are going to get far worse than a chastisement.
One can't be a Christian if they won't obey the very first commandment from the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost.

Why would a sinner be repentant over slaying the lamb or goat ?
Because God said he better confess His sin over the Lamb God gave to him and the confession I think He wanted yhe confession be as sincere as the repentance that should follow.
I didn't say condemnation...though if the correction were ignored, it would result in condemnation.
David lost his son, and the kingdom, because of his sin.
Yes I know and I agree with you.
Stay true to the Lord, and there will be no need for chastening.
Jesus is the only one Who didn't need it but did so voluntarily to show mankind what Gods' love looks like. There is no human king on earth that would have taken the utter bs Jesus put uo with. If that happenrd to me I would have struck them dead on the spot. Wouldn't you?
But you see, Jesus is learning to become (what???) more like His Father in showing love towards His enemies.

Well, if Jesus "learned" maybe I should too and I did. I learned in the love department I lack much. Our father has been very patient with me and I know I'm growing in the light of His grace.
Are you really saying the devil committed adultery with Eve ?
Not in a sexual way, but "with their idols have they committed adultery," Eze.23:37 KJV

Once Eve became aware of good and evil the devils plan was for Eve to choose him over God. Eve committed sin, but had no knowledge that disobeying God was a sin.
Some certainly are.
So if we agree here, how do we know there aren't more?
If one commits sin, they have disobeyed the very first command from Peter in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
The unrepentant are going to get far worse than a chastisement.
One can't be a Christian if they won't obey the very first commandment from the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost.
And Peter learned from God in flesh who never needex to learn anything, even as a man. Only to sinners He appeared that way.

Because God said he better confess His sin over the Lamb God gave to him and the confession I think He wanted yhe confession be as sincere as the repentance that should follow.
Confession does not equate to repentance.
Jesus is the only one Who didn't need it but did so voluntarily to show mankind what Gods' love looks like. There is no human king on earth that would have taken the utter bs Jesus put uo with. If that happenrd to me I would have struck them dead on the spot. Wouldn't you?
Not since I was reborn.
But you see, Jesus is learning to become (what???) more like His Father in showing love towards His enemies.
Hmmm
Well, if Jesus "learned" maybe I should too and I did. I learned in the love department I lack much. Our father has been very patient with me and I know I'm growing in the light of His grace.
Hmmm
Not in a sexual way, but "with their idols have they committed adultery," Eze.23:37 KJV
A verse given hundreds of years later won't apply to Eve.
Once Eve became aware of good and evil the devils plan was for Eve to choose him over God. Eve committed sin, but had no knowledge that disobeying God was a sin.
She knew there would be consequences..."But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Gen 2:17)
So if we agree here, how do we know there aren't more?
I don't think we agree.
And Peter learned from God in flesh who never needex to learn anything, even as a man. Only to sinners He appeared that way.
You sure are skilled at veering off the topic.

Confession does not equate to repentance.
That's why I said, repentance has to be as sincere as confesssion, but apparently yiu're not reading what I said.
Not since I was reborn.
Exactly my point. That's why I said "any other earthly king.."
A verse given hundreds of years later won't apply to Eve.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. Gen.2:24

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

She knew there would be consequences..."But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
So Eve "learned" her Father is always truthful, but others aren't.
I don't think we agree.

You sure are skilled at veering off the topic.
Paul interpreted Adam and Eve that way.
Thanks for the talk.

Last edited:
Here's something to think about. Why did our Lord say,
For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind. Jn.9.39 KJV
and also say,
And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. Jn.12:47 KJV

Can anyone see the difference between these two staments?

Back