Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

struggling with identity because my child hood was bad

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think most people struggle with their identity especially in younger years. I know someone who struggles because the kids around them, not their family, made their life hell.

low iq .. mental diseases ..... bad mom and dad.

The question, ' Who am I ?' is one we all have to answer and its made harder because we are not just one person.
We are somebodies son/daughter, we are that person at school, we are that person at church or in what ever social setting we are in.

Esentially you are yourself, with all your faults problems, abilities and strengths.

Most of all you are Loved by God, valued at Jesus's life, adopted into his family.

Yes life can be very difficult, look at the positives not the negatives.

The best way to get your identity is to ask God how He sees you. This is not a do it yourself look for scriptures and decide they describe you. That has no power at all. But when God tells you who you are, there is power.

I’m probably not the best person to answer this but you clearly need support so I try my best. Who you are is a very deep question and a lot of people ask themselves the same thing so being unsure is not unusual. To find who you are you need to ignore all outside influence and have a journey of self discovery like meditation, vision quest or simply relaxing and thinking about your values.

Another very important thing to realise is that you are your own spirit and you do not have to live up to anyones expectations, you are you and you should be proud to be so. The fact you are asking means you are a good spirit so you can’t go far wrong.

Sending blessings

Back