Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ted Dekker

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jsnbrown

This guy is a Christian fiction writer who is known to use strong (but not curse) words in his writing. His books bring their readers to a new understanding of what Jesus really done.. Or at least Black, Red, and White (might have mixed those up..).

He writes Christian horror so I wouldn't advise for someone under.. say.. 15 to read the books.. but they really are good! I definitely say READ THEM! (if you deem them approprate..) :wink:

I like Dekker's books, mostly.

The circile triology that you mentioned was quite enjoyable. I liked Blink (now it's called Blink of an Eye), and Three was pretty okay. I can't remember the few others I've read.

Obsession was not very good, IMO. The characters were a lot more shallow than Dekker typically writes and the plot, although based on a good premise, fell short in terms of complexity or believability.

But over all, he's a pretty satisfying writer. Especially for people who usually like Grisham.

Yes.. Dekker LOVES depth.. I've never read Obsession though.. I guess I shouldn't.. Ahh.. I probably will to get my own opinion.. :tongue

I read The Circle Trilogy and some other of his books. He is fairly good. :biggrin

My favorite Dekker books have to be the Circle Trilogy. The way he writes the allegory with such depth enthralled me.

Although I have to say that when it comes to the words "Christian writer," Ted Dekker is mostly that- a writer who is a Christian, rather than a writer who is a Christian who writes about Christianity. Except for the Circle Trilogy. That was blatantly obvious. The others, not so much, if at all...

The black, red, white one were really different, well written and a good read. Blink of an eye was good with the insight into Muslim culture. Three was very good also.

House the one he wrote with Frank Perretti was frankly dreadful. I loved Frank Perretti "this present darkness" it really made me change how I lived my life by thinking about what was going on around me spiritually. I knew it before but it made me vividly see it.
But this partnership didn't work and I think it was written with a movie script in mind when that happens it usually produces a robotic nothing special book written quickly for a deadline. :sad

I'm a big fan, he reminds me of a Christian Dean Koontz who I'm also a fan of.

The Circle (four book) Trilogy was ahead of it's time. It reads like a template for the whole COVID (manufactured) crisis.

Let's see....... an evil madman releases a deadly virus that quickly spreads around the world. But the diabolical plan isn't really about the virus at all. It's all about the anti-virus (vaccine) that he alone has control over, with which he holds all the nations hostage.

It's all about power and control. Sound familiar?

I've read a few of Ted Dekkers books. He's an excellent writer. Some of his bad guys are just too bad for me... they give me the eebie jeebies, so I stopped reading his books.

Back