Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] Testimony --teenager years

AIR

Hi,

I'd like to share my testimony because I don't want to hide anything anymore and it's always interesting write and read testimonies. At first I apologize my english level, it's not the highest but I think you can read it well :lol

Actually I've always believed in God because I come from a Christian household and I was taught to pray a night prayer every night and I really have prayed every night (almost) since my childhood. I've recently turned 18 and to be honest, I've become a born again Christian in 2013. I don't know why but my progress has been very slow but better go slow and clearly :shades.

My teenager years from 15 to 17 has been most anguished years for me, I really were in the bottom even I tried to crawl from the bottom to top, I failed all the time. When I was 15 years old, I started to drink alcohol along with friends. It was "cool" and I kept drinking every weekend, going to different parties just for fun. Alcohol became a big part of my life and later in my years I started to suffer from anxiety disorder and I used to "heal" it by being drunk.

Well, alcohol has been a big problem for many but for me, I really wasn't in the bottom because of alcohol. The reason why I fell in to the hole was because I started to live a Rock N' Roll life. I set up a band when I was 15, we were playing Heavy Metal, drinking alcohol and few times smoked some pot. ( I still believed in God but I really didn't care what I was doing, maybe I didn't put my trust in God )

Life were "cool" at the time and I enjoyed "sinning" all I wanted was to get laid and drunk. Everything were normal until our band status changed a lot, at that time I started to feel something like what I'm doing but I ingored this. Our band started to mock Christianity by its songs. I wasn't involved in the songs that were mocking Christianity, either I didn't like those songs but I really didn't care much. I kept playing along with friends because I liked playing in a band.

It was pretty much the same for months, drunk, parties, band, gigs, being idiot. I don't know why, but I just wanted to do that all. My band kept going on to a worse side in my situation. It started to create more songs that mocked Christianity and glorify evilness. Well, I didn't like the songs but I wanted to play along so I played along but I still felt that I shouldn't do this. I didn't have courage to quit that band because I somehow wanted to be in. Time went, same stuff until I finally faced the lowest point in that hole. I so deep that I couldn't climb up anymore without someones help.

As I was drinking every weekends and going around metal people, once I did a huge mistake but it was something like a call for me. I went to a house with a friend that you can't imagine how anxious I was at there. The owner of that house was a satanist with crosses upside down on the walls, demon pictures on the wall and the whole house smelt like a meth. Well, I didn't leave because maybe the force was dragging me to the route to hell. Well, the night was over and on the morning I went to home, I was so anxious all the time and finally when I got home I just fell asleep. Hours later my mother came to my room, shouting at me that were I smoked meth or something drug. I was like, what's happening? I didn't understand anything as I was still a bit drunk and sleepy, well my mother started cry and left my room. I started to sleep again because I didn't understand really what happened. Two hours later, my mother were crying in the living room and I asked what's wrong, she said can't you smell all the house is smelling like a meth drug. I didn't smell anything because I already got used to that smell in the house. I tried to explain my mother with lies where I was and what happened.

I didn't have any contacts with my mother anymore until I started to realise that I really need to get away from this hole. I prayed and I asked forgiveness to solve everything. Nothing really happened for a while until in few days I solved things with my mom by doing a drug test. However, my mother didn't have a trust on me anymore and I really was so depressed at that time. I can't remember did I keep drinking but I remember that in a week or two, I encouraged myself to confess everything to my mother.

It took a while to encourage myself until I one night went to my moms room and I said, let's talk. I've got something to tell you, I confessed all my drinking, lying and the satanist house. I had a long discussion with my mom and I saw that she was so happy that I confessed. I was happy as well because that bothered alot of me. Later that night (if I remember right) I felt a presence of Holy Spirit.

I felt that Holy Spirit were there but I really didn't understand a lot what was it. I felt warm and clear and I knew that I was climbed out from the hole. Well, little bit later I left my band after last gig and I promised myself to become a better person and starting to believe in God. Well, somehow I didn't know what to do and I started to fell to the bottom again because I fell in to alcohol again, it took me deep again but it didn't take me that deep it did before, now I had even a little bit control of it and I really tried to tell myself that drinking is acceptable.

well, I still kept drinking until in the beginning of this year I really realized that I'm going again to that hole where I don't want to go. I don't know what happened, I just turned to God and I stopped sinning, started to find a church and to find a balance to my life. I really become a born again in January this year, because I wanted to change myself stop all the sinning and stay away from the hole!!

My past life has been very rough and still when I think about it, I feel very bad. I don't want to think about my past, I want to get rid of that. My past life made me think that did I blashpheme the holy spirit because I had a lot of chances and I did a lot of wrong stuff.

I've realized now that all I have to do is put all my trust in Jesus Christ. I really want to know Him better and learn a lot more. Please, Jesus. Don't let me fall into that hole anymore because I feel like that I won't be taken away from the hole if I start failing now. I really believe in Jesus and I wan't to trust Him.

This was my testimony, hope you enjoyed. I really can't remember all the dates and everything 100% so, that's everything I can remember. This testimony isn't so different, but this is something.

Yours,
Air

Back