Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] testimony

I was 16 and a girl on my bus was a christian and for some reason she wanted me to come to her house to watch a video.I couldnt figured this out because i was a rebellious teenager and she was a good kid.But something i couldnt put my finger on drew me to her.So i went I watched a video called heavens gates hells flames and then she prayed with me after and i asked Jesus into my heart.I didnt understand everything but i knew something inside me shifted and i wanted to be a good kid after that.Amazingly God gave me a fresh start ,I got sent to live with my mother and started a new school i started making good grades ,joined the danceline,joined the yearbook staff and even started dressing more feminine and trying to look pretty .I definately felt different.Since that time I have experienced alot .I lost a baby at 24 and almost died at the same time and then 2 months later my sister died in a car accident.After my sister died I went to a dark place I was very angry both about my baby and my sister.I am not proud of this at all but i was in so much pain and i was so angry i practiced witchcraft for about a year then i started to come down and i wanted to heal and something would not let me but God delivered me thankfully people were praying hard for me.2 years later my husband had an affair(and continued it) i stayed and prayed and begged and whatever else i could for 2 more years and i finally left him .Since then Ive been going through a divorce thankfully we did not have kids but it has been an excruciating experience the most broken ive ever been but the closest to God ive ever felt and i feel and hear him so much more clearly.I know he is straightening me out I am very grateful for it because i am so very tired and now after a long time of trying to hide and be strong I can just rest in him and let him lead me.He is the only one that can carry me out and i finally know it.

May God give you strength to keep on fighting, it is never too late to change and He is always waiting for us. What I can say about going in the wrong direction, or the desperation, is that I learnt about humility and accept my human nature. And most important is that I shouldn't have been fighting the sorrow, but surrender to God.

[MENTION=96349]hallowbonnie[/MENTION], I'm so glad you've found your way back to the Lord. God never let go of you & you can see that now, I'm sure. :) God bless you & lead you into a wonderful life of serving Him.

Hi [MENTION=96349]hallowbonnie[/MENTION], how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless His Word to you.

John 14.1-6 and John 14.27 are great passages.

I was 16 and a girl on my bus was a christian and for some reason she wanted me to come to her house to watch a video.I couldnt figured this out because i was a rebellious teenager and she was a good kid.But something i couldnt put my finger on drew me to her.So i went I watched a video called heavens gates hells flames and then she prayed with me after and i asked Jesus into my heart.I didnt understand everything but i knew something inside me shifted and i wanted to be a good kid after that.Amazingly God gave me a fresh start ,I got sent to live with my mother and started a new school i started making good grades ,joined the danceline,joined the yearbook staff and even started dressing more feminine and trying to look pretty .I definately felt different.Since that time I have experienced alot .I lost a baby at 24 and almost died at the same time and then 2 months later my sister died in a car accident.After my sister died I went to a dark place I was very angry both about my baby and my sister.I am not proud of this at all but i was in so much pain and i was so angry i practiced witchcraft for about a year then i started to come down and i wanted to heal and something would not let me but God delivered me thankfully people were praying hard for me.2 years later my husband had an affair(and continued it) i stayed and prayed and begged and whatever else i could for 2 more years and i finally left him .Since then Ive been going through a divorce thankfully we did not have kids but it has been an excruciating experience the most broken ive ever been but the closest to God ive ever felt and i feel and hear him so much more clearly.I know he is straightening me out I am very grateful for it because i am so very tired and now after a long time of trying to hide and be strong I can just rest in him and let him lead me.He is the only one that can carry me out and i finally know it.

Lu 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Blessings, and do that "one needful" thing, and no one or no devil will be able to take that from you.

[MENTION=96349]hallowbonnie[/MENTION] ,
Welcome and thank you for your testimony. God always hears the cries of his Children.
Grace and Peace be with you.

Dear hallowbonnie,

thank you for sharing your tragic, yet hopeful story. Yes, I can see that you are tired. You truly did endure more than a normal life has to. And yet, you came to rest in The Lord, to trust Him for leading you out of this misery!

Dear sister, you are such a fine example for me. Thank you for standing firm. Thank you for enduring. Thank you for showing trust in God's loving care.
I will learn from you!

Much love to you, dear sister. Please know that you are in my prayers.
Rose

Back