Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

the alphabet letters a and b

The Letter A

Admit you can do nothing.

Ephesians 2

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 15
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

As we start our journey thrugh the alphabet, let's start at the beginning.

To become a Christian, you need to admit that you are unable to save yourself, you cannot reach God, you cannot come to God, because you are dead in your sin.

Physically you are alive, but spiritually, you are as dead as a do-do.

Unless the Lord quickens your heart, unless the spirit of God shines upon you, there is no hope for you. Jesus confronted the self righteous pharisees in the gospels, they thought that they were going to heaven.

All our so called righteousness is useless, we have to admit, that it is like dirty rags Isaiah 64:6, when the spirit of God moves in our hearts, it convicts us that we are sinners before a holy God.

My question is:

Have you ever admitted that you are lost and totally without hope?

That is one of the first things, that will lead you to the foot of the cross. You now can fling yourself upon Christ.

So admit, you are a sinner, cry out in repentance and faith to God.

A word to believers, we need to admit, that we can do nothing without CHRIST.

So often, we try and serve God in our own strength, we need to admit, that without Christ, we can do nothing.

The five bad churches in Revelation 2-3, thought they could do service without Christ. Remember Christian, what verse 5 says, you have to be connected to Christ.

He and he alone, is your power source.
If you are trying to serve him, in your own strength then admit you are wrong and repent.

I hope this series, will be a blessing to you, as we continue through the alphabet.

God bless you

KK

THE LETTER B

Believe, be saved.

Acts 16

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

What great verses these are.
There are many beliefs in the world, but there is only one that saves a man. Belief in the finished work of the cross and the resurrection brings salvation.

It is the only belief that counts, belief in Christ brings salvation, because it focuses on a person and not on ourselves.

The Philippian jailer, the servant girl, lydia and many others throughout scripture, believed and were saved.

My question is:

Have you believed in Jesus, like the people above have. John 3:16-19

BELIEVE THAT GOD IS GOOD
Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Romans 8:28

When we walk with the Lord, sometimes things happen that are not good. We start to think, that God doesn't have our best interests at heart.

This is a prime attack method that the devil uses to spread lies into the Christian's life.

But we have to believe and trust that God, will never do anything to hurt his children, even his discipline is for a purpose Hebrews 12.

God's will is always, good and perfect, we sometimes think that Gd has made a mistake, but remember that he never has and never will make a mistake.

Praise God, that he can be trusted, if we give God our lives, we can truly believe that everything he does in our lives is good and perfect. Romans 12:1-2

God bless you

KK

THE BOTTOM LINE

https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

RESOURCE CENTRE

The Christ-Emulating Marriage

Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne
| Marriage

Cornerstone Bible Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/21624175513231

The Gospel-Centered Marriage

Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne