Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

the alphabet letters c and d

COME UNTO ME

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
The whole of the bible can be summed up in one word, COME.
We read in Genesis 3, that after man sinned, he hid and ran from God.
The constant call of GOD throughout the bible is to come to him, man is still seeking to hide from God.
The story of the bible is one of redemption, it is like a game of hide and seek, of man hiding and running from God and God to seeking to redeem and buy back his chosen people.
Throughout the OT, God showed many signs of his coming salvation, through the ark, through the Passover, through the feasts and through prophecy.
The call has always been come. Jesus says come to me, he made it personal.
We can now come to God on a personal level, because of what Jesus has done on the cross, he has made a new and living way, as it states in Hebrews 10:
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh
Now, we can come freely to God, because of what Christ has done.
Some of the final words of the bible are probably the best, in Revelation 22, we read these words:
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
This sums up the offer, God is making through the whole bible.
May you today COME.
55 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
God bless you
KK

Psalm 37

4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

These are some of the greatest verses in the whole bible, they have words such as commit and trust, but right in the middle is this verse, which has the word delight.

We should commit everything to God, we should trust fully in him, but do we truly delight in him.

Do we delight in his beauty?
Do we delight in his love?
Do we delight in his awesomeness?

To do this means to take pleasure in, we look at the following verses:

Psalm 43

4 Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

Psalm 90

17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

Psalm 29

Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

God and him alone, should be our hearts delight, the true heart, will want nothing but God, everything else is a bonus.

If we truly delight in God, we will have our true hears desire, which is HIM.

What does your heart truly delight in? If it is God alone, then we will have our hearts desire.

Jesus says as much in Matthew 6

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seek God, delight in him, make him your first priority and everything will follow.

We serve and do things for God, but do we ever take time to delight in him, to dwell in his majesty, to be quiet before him.

Take time to just be completely silent, before God, that would mean turning off all electronic devices and social media.. oh no, say some people.

God wants us to delight in Him, because in doing that our deepest desires of our hearts can be satisfied and the one who can satisfy is God himself.

God bless you

Keith

THE BOTTOM LINE

https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

RESOURCE CENTRE

The Spirit-Enriched Marriage

Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne
| Marriage

Cornerstone Bible Church

sermonaudio.com/sermon/21624173125067

The Oneness-Focused Marriage

Emeal (E.Z.) Zwayne