Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

the alphabet letters g and h

THE LETTER G

It's all about grace

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Psalm 40: 2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

It's all about grace...amen. These are some of the most Christ exalting words in the bible, they show God's grace to save sinners. These verses also outline man's complete inability to save themselves. Still after all this time, man is still trying to save himself, he invents and follows religions that are set up to help him better himself, they believe in self help programs and worst of all, he refuses to believe that there is a GOD. He doesn't realise that he can't help himself, he is dead in his sins. Can you wake up a dead man? The only way a dead man can by made alive, is by God's spirit, working in his heart. Man does not need a new moral framework, he needs a new heart. In Ezekiel 36, we have this promise:

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

God is the only one who can spiritually make alive a person. In Ezekiel 37, he is told to speak to the bones: 1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest 4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

This is one of the greatest pictures of Grace in the bible, although Ezekiel speaks to the bones, it is God who gives these bones breath. It is God, who puts flesh upon them. At conversion, God does open heart surgery, he gives you a new heart, he breaths into your spiritually dead body and makes you alive in Christ. Has he done the above things in your life? Are you trying to reach God? Are you trying to do it on your own, through some man made method?
Come to the one, who said, he that comes to me, I will not cast out.

Come freely, come humbly, come in repentance.
God bless you

KK

THE LETTER H - HOLY HUMILITY - HAVING THE SAME VIEW GOD HAS OF YOU

【Jas4:6】But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

It’s hard to by humble by Mac Davis. There was a song that played on the radio, many years ago. It went, "Boy it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way!" I used to laugh at that song, but let's get this right, this is a wrong view of humility. Humility is having God's opinion of ourselves. So what is God's opinion of us? He knows we have a short life span.

Psalm 103 says this: 14 "For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." God knows that we are here today and gone tomorrow, he knows that we live for a short time and we go back to the dust. But know this, believer! Although he knows our lifespan, he still loves us and has given us eternal life through his Son I John 5. He knows we are Sinners. Romans 3: 23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." We were hell bound sinners with no human chance of redemption, But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:5-6)

He knows we are sons. Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." We are sons and daughters, dependent on daddy for everything. God provides everything for us, he is our provider, our sustainer and our life giver.

He knows we are servants. Luke 17:10 "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

So you went out today and shared the gospel today? You shared the gospel with your family members? We often feel proud, oh we shared the gospel, we have done nothing that wasn't our duty to do.

He knows our salvation is all of Him. Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast." Our salvation is nothing to boast about, because it is nothing to do with us.

He knows our suffering. 1 Peter 3:14 "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled." 2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

When we suffer for Christ, which is our privilege, we are not to say, look at us, aren't we amazing, look at the suffering I'm going through for the gospel. No we see suffering as God's tool to refine and sanctify us. So in everything we do and are, we are agree with God view of us: That we are as dust. That we are guilty sinners. That we are redeemed sons and daughters, dependent on our Father for everything. That we are unworthy servants. That we are redeemed completely by God. That we are privileged to suffer for Christ. We have nothing at all to be proud of, we are nothing. Without God, we can do nothing. Once, we have that view of ourselves, God can use us. He can and will use a person, who is completely humble and dependent on Him and him alone. That is true HOLY HUMILITY.

GOD BLESS YOU
KK

THE BOTTOM LINE
https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

Back