Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Apostles Doctrine

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Sunday 10-1-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tishri 15 5784, 9th. Fall Day
1st. Day of Tabernacles 2023 Leviticus22:26, Leviticus 23:44

The term “Apostles’ Doctrine” refers to the teachings of the twelve apostles who were the original eyewitnesses of Jesus. It is found in the New Testament and includes the message of Jesus, His redemptive work, and His call to selfless discipleship.

The Apostles’ Doctrine also covers the three core aspects of Christian initiation: repentance, baptism in Jesus’ name for the remission of sins, and the gift of the Holy Spirit

In Acts 2:42-47, it is mentioned that the early Christians continued steadfastly in the Apostles’ Doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers 2. The Apostles’ Doctrine is still relevant today as it forms the foundation of Christian faith and practice.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
Sunday 10-1-23 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tishri 15 5784, 9th. Fall Day

The term “Apostles’ Doctrine” refers to the teachings of the twelve apostles who were the original eyewitnesses of Jesus. It is found in the New Testament and includes the message of Jesus, His redemptive work, and His call to selfless discipleship.

The Apostles’ Doctrine also covers the three core aspects of Christian initiation: repentance, baptism in Jesus’ name for the remission of sins, and the gift of the Holy Spirit

In Acts 2:42-47, it is mentioned that the early Christians continued steadfastly in the Apostles’ Doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers 2. The Apostles’ Doctrine is still relevant today as it forms the foundation of Christian faith and practice.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Thanks
I have learned to be careful with the idea of the apostle's doctrine (not of the apostles). Many say it is from them and not God who moved them.

1 Corinthian 3 along with 1 Corinthians 4: makes a good commentary on the matter.

1 Corinthian 3:6-8 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

1 Corinthian 4:6-7 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure (parable) transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

The Apostles creed was to reflect what the Apostles believed and taught as truth as found in the NT.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

The Apostles creed was to reflect what the Apostles believed and taught as truth as found in the NT.

I believe in God,
the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
he descended into hell;
on the third day he rose again from the dead;
he ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.
Which apostle wrote that?

It's a creed of Catholic men.

Which apostle wrote that?

It's a creed of Catholic men.
I stated it reflected what the Apostles believed and taught as truth in what is found in the NT.

Catholic as in the universal church as in the full body of Christ not the Catholic Church alone.

Back