Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The blessing of the animals?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

jgredline

This past Saturday My Wife and I decided to head to Los Angeles to the downtown area and visit Olvera Street...When we got there we discovered by accident that there was a Blessing of the animals day that takes place before Easter Sunday...Anyway, we broke out our cameras and took some pics...Cardinal Majoney was there to do the blessings, and what ''really'' bothered me, was how much this ''man'' was being worshiped by many of the folks there...there was thousands of people there with their animals in tow and there was also many people in wheel chairs hoping to be blessed and healed...Sadly, I saw not one person get healed...Geee, I wonder why? :-? ...None the less, here are some pics...Enjoy...

blessingoftheanimalslx5.jpg

The march
themarchqq6.jpg

Here is the Cardinal as he parades down Olvera Street..
cardinalmajoneycl3.jpg

cardinalmajoney1se1.jpg

Here is the Cardinal blessings the animals
cardinalmajoney2na3.jpg

cardinalmajoney3fx5.jpg

Besides the Cardinal, Elvis was also in attendance...
elviswasthereuo4.jpg

The vendors were there selling their FAKE goods
fakepurseseu9.jpg

Whats wrong with this picture :-?
jesusandbeernp1.jpg

There was many different types of animals there..
theassortmentofanimalssg3.jpg

There was chickens and even ''fighting'' roosters there to be blessed, but to the Cardinals credit, he would not bless the fighting roosters or fighting dogs that where there...Sorry, no pics of those animals as those owners were not willing that there animals be photographed...
thechckensln8.jpg

To bad this was not a Red Heffer
thecowif1.jpg

Horses...We don't see these often or Cows for that matter
thehorseyq7.jpg

The Lizards and Mayans were also in antendance
thelizardrm4.jpg

themayanscx1.jpg

And of course, there were many dogs there...

themanydogspc4.gif

I was going to post Pics of folks in wheel chairs, but did not feel right about it, since they went home in wheel chairs... :crying:

The blessing of the animals is just that. No one is there to leap out of a wheelchair like some hokey protestant revival.

Its also called the Feast of St. Francis Assisi, who was a great lover of animals.

A quick google search would have tempered your ignorance, but your anti-catholic would have fallen apart then, wouldn't it?

Jesus would have healed the sick, and the dogs would have blessed the dogs. :wink:

Jesus would not have walked around in a phariseeical garb like cardinal whats-his-name. :o

ttg said:
The blessing of the animals is just that. No one is there to leap out of a wheelchair like some hokey protestant revival.

Its also called the Feast of St. Francis Assisi, who was a great lover of animals.

A quick google search would have tempered your ignorance, but your anti-catholic would have fallen apart then, wouldn't it?

TTG
Why do u falsely accuse me?....I see no place in this thread where I am Catholic Bashing :-? ....I was merely presenting the facts here....and frankly a picture is worth a thousand words....I have never heard of this ''blessing of the animals''...I for one love animals very much...Always have and always will, but I would never treat an animal better that a person...Do you not see anything wrong here?

I chose not to show folks in wheel chairs who were expecting to be healed because it would have been done in poor taste...Then you take a jab at the protestants that is completely uncalled for....

TTG...It is YOU who chose to turn this into a Catholic VS Protestant thing...
Why are you doing this?

I love fish!!!!!!

All-you-can-eat catfish are marvelous!!!!! :-D

Back