Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Body, just some thoughts.

lovely

Christ's body is such an amazing gift from God. I was watching a video last night with my family, part of the Ray Vanderlaan series "Follow the Rabbi", and Ray was talking about how we are part of a community of believers that stretches not only across nations but over time as well. It's hard to imagine having such an intimate relationship with people I have never even met (yet), but who have laid a foundation of love and unity in Christ for me to build upon, who have given their lives, their gifts, so that I could hear the Gospel, and who will also come after me to ultimately bring the body to maturity. He really stressed that the body is suffering as a whole, because part has/is suffering. These days many are suffering right next door. Along with this idea of suffering as a whole, he encouraged those listening to grow in love for one another, to pray, and to serve with all our efforts to continue the Gospel for others as those who went before us did. I had to ask myself, do I suffer with my brothers and sisters? Do I share in their grief and sorrow? Do I love pray enough for others? Do I intercede for them without being lazy? Do I truly love parts of the body that are hard for me to love? Do I serve them without prejudice? Do I honor the Lord's body as I should? Do I value others as Christ values them?

I have really been trying to learn more about the body lately, all the parts, and how I can please Christ in the way I relate to them and think about them....us? It is so hard to not feel separate. I am thankful that God is showing me these things, and the video was timely, because I have walked in such an independant fashion for so long...as if my walk in Christ only affected me, or my family and church, but it extend so much further. I have a multi-denominational background, and have come across people that I found very difficult to love, and who made a really bad impression on me, or hurt me, but how much of that was me being difficult, unloving, and leaving a really bad impression???? Christ died for me while I was yet a sinner, and loves me even though I am not worthy of His name, and yet I have been quick to judge over the years, and holding others up to a standard that I can't meet myself.

I praise God that He is showing me things about His body, but I hate when I come face to face with my own foolish behavior and short-sided views. Sigh. I have repented of things in this area, but I think there will be more repenting as I continue gleaning God's Word in this area. I just wanted to share some thoughts on what I was learning, or hoping to learn, lately. The Lord bless all of you.

lovely said:
I praise God that He is showing me things about His body, but I hate when I come face to face with my own foolish behavior and short-sided views. Sigh. I have repented of things in this area, but I think there will be more repenting as I continue gleaning God's Word in this area. I just wanted to share some thoughts on what I was learning, or hoping to learn, lately. The Lord bless all of you.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him..." Rom 8:28.

Lovely,
Thanks for posting this, I don't have much to add, except as part of the Body, I forget to serve and seek out those in need outside of my own church. Our previous church was much like this, it was as if we would all attend church on Sunday and Wednesday and serve the same people each week, and due to time constraints, this is all we ended up serving, which did not make sense to me. With prayer, God will bring those people to us, outside of our "fold", so we may serve them as well.

Col 1:23-25
whereof I Paul am made a minister;
24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Our high calling is to minister to the body of Christ, to the glory of God, the Father, in his holy child Jesus, our Lord.

Humanitarianism is good and useful for a little while, but the spiritual kingdom and ministry is more glorious and will endure forever. There are those worshippers who doubt. Suffer the children.

Joe

Back