Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] The cattle are missing!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

Steve just came in to report that our cattle are missing.

There was a bullfight last night after dark and apparently the fence was knocked down. We thought it was no big deal, because we figured they would be on the neighbors property and Steve would just go and herd them back. Annoying, but not really a problem.

But, he's been back there, and our cattle are nowhere to be found. What's really disturbing is that the other herd, the one with the other bull are all there, but ours seem to be gone. Our neighbors property backs onto 100's of square miles of national forest.

We're going out to try to find them, and we would appreciate your prayers that we do so. Only two of the oldest cows are still here. I do praise God that the ground is clear of snow.

Well, we have found the cows and got them safely home. They were about a mile away several ridges over. I truly praise God that we found them. I drove to the top of the valley and looked out over the ridges, and they happened to be in an area that I could see them.

The only thing is, the bull wasn't with them. We found him in with another bull in a different area. We tried to get him last night, but the other bull just kept running away and he would follow him instead of us. After all the time it took just to find the cows and get them home, we ran out of daylight.

Today I think we'll try something different. He's not all that far from our own property, I think we'll just put some hay by our fence. The ground has frozen and the grass is finally dying, so he might just come home because he gets hungry. I hope.

Bull-headed is an axiom for a reason!

I do praise God and thank Him though that we were able to get our cows home. They are not our only source of income, but they do represent money we cannot afford just to have walk off.

Praise God!! Glad that you found them & hope that the bull returns home soon!!

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Well, our bull is still straying. I almost had him home yesterday, but the other cows called him back again. He seems perfectly OK, but now that it's snowing, it will be even harder to get him home.

I'll keep you in my paryers for the return of the bull. Hopefully he'll hungry & cold enough that he'll want to come back home soon to a nice warm barn!!

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/Home? ... aleedecker
1-360-458-5680
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it

Wow, Rosalie, you're quite the prayer warrior. I just came in from outside just a little bit ago, and some of the ranchers were taking their herd, the one our bull joined up, home. I was out just at the right time to see them pass by our driveway, and was able to identify our bull for them. They'll get the herd down to their corrals, and as soon as they get them settled, they'll bring Bully-boy back! I'm so glad that I caught them when I did, because they had no idea whose bull it was, and since we bought him not all that long ago, he still doesn't have our brand. We would have eventually gotten him back, because we all know each other around here, and we had put the word out that our bull was on the next property, but this makes it so much eaiser.

Thanks again for your prayers!

That's wonderful!! He'll be home before you know it! Hopefully he won't stray again any time soon.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it :-D

vic C. said:
The first thing that comes to mind is, steak! :smt110

Don't think I haven't thought it!!!

Bully-boy is safe at home, a little scrawnier than he was when he left but he's happy to be back with his girls. I truly do praise God we got him back before the snow got even deeper.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back