Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The day after tommorow

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A movie about global climate change. Unrealistic.

Plot is simple, but not needed and isn't even about the global disaster I thought.

Too much social crap messages. Lots of sublimnal things. Slante toward a more liberal veiwpoint of stuff.

I say wait for the rent it.

I agree that it was unrealistic. However, the good point was very scientist in the movie was saying the same thing. So I am more forgiving of a movie's science if they at least mention that it is a huge stretch.

It was a very political movie. The main message is more in lines with "we don't fully know everything about the environment, but lets error on the side of being careful."

The vice president did look a lot like Cheney, though the President didn't. There was also a lot of politics about us moving into 3rd world countries and how would they treat us.

I enjoyed it overall, but I think it is probably a better rental movie.

Quath

Jake Gyllenhaal is hott, though I don't think he can persuasively play a high schooler. The best part of the movie was the threat of wolves.

Not as good as I expected. A little far fetched I can deal with, but this is a little over the top.

Thanks. I'm sure your children and grand children will thank you passing on a ruined environment to them. They will thank us especially for fighting wars against impoverished countries and spending our money on that instead.

paxigoth7 said:
Thanks. I'm sure your children and grand children will thank you passing on a ruined environment to them. They will thank us especially for fighting wars against impoverished countries and spending our money on that instead.

Oh give us a break, you sound like you expect this movie to become a reality soon.

I'm sure your children and grand children will thank you passing on a ruined environment to them.

Oh, I'm sorry. I must have ruined it for you. The movie was fiction. Your point however has nothing to with my opinion of the movie.

They will thank us especially for fighting wars against impoverished countries and spending our money on that instead.

Kerry lost get over it. We had to endure 8 years of Billary, you can endure 8 years of W.

This movie was stupid. It was nothing but left-wing, greeny-weeny, save the trees put the people outta work propaganda.

I like the part where the helicopter crashes and the pilot instantly freezes. PUH-LEEEEEEEEZE
:roll:
save yourself $4.00 and don't rent it

Link to interview @ climate change urgency with a major physicist:-

Interview here:-

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/004/16.77.html

I was offline 2 days when US Midwest experienced 4 times normal level of tornados - GMTV said that was the opening of The Day After Tomorrow

Multipying, intensifying 'birthpains' - of all kinds of natural, social & spiritual disasters - are exactly what Jesus prophesied to bring on the Great Delivery..

so..

don't miss the instant airlift Rapture rescue of all who love Jesus - before the worst time on Earth comes - as per 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11

The movie was based on a serious scientific report that, given the right triggers, all the things that the film dramatised into a few days/weeks would take just a few months

Pass it on to all you love who don't yet know Christ as Saviour & Lord

For assurance of salvation, by the sheer grace of God, thru faith in the once-for-all atoning sacrifice of Christ @ Calvary, see John 3, Romans 3, Galatians 2:15-16 & Ephesians 2:8-9, etc

The Bible says, "NOW is the day of salvation"

It says, "TODAY, if you hear God's voice, don't harden your heart"

& the best way to speed our Lord's return is to help finish our Great Commission of Matthew 28 & Mark 16

Monday is forecast fine in UK, so I'll be taking praise tapes to the beautiful Roman city of Chester: C U locals in the big park by the River Dee?

Or down by the river?

You other students may well wanna glorify God in your local beauty spots, & bring in that Final Harvest of souls promised in the Latter Rain outpouring of God's Spirit on all flesh in Joel 2

Which also says, "I will show you wonders in the heavens & signs on Earth: blood, fire & clouds of smoke - the sun will turn to darkness & the moon to blood before the great & terrible day of the Lord.."

I don't keep up with the political debates enough to have known much of the political insinuations in the movie. (Although, with the VP character looking so much like Cheney it was hard to miss some of it.) Though the whole ice age part may have been rather unrealistic, I liked it. The plot line of the father trying to find his son in the hopes of building a better relationship with him was good, in my opinion. I kinda liked the movie, but obviously, I didn't look at the same things as most when I watched it.

As folk filed out, I called, "Anyone wanna buy a 2nd-hand planet??

Great place to chill!!"

Dennis Quaid doesn't really fit the bill as a 'superhero against all odds top of the food chain' type of guy. Funny everyone else suffers the big freeze but he has the will to overcome. Was this the prequel to a new comic book movie aptly named after the Batman badguy 'Mr. Freeze'?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back