Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

- The Gate to Eternity –

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Shadrach

Servant of the Lord
John 15:13, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”

Please go back with me in time. It’s December 17, 1903, when Orville and Wilbur Wright made history when their motorized vehicle defied the law of gravity and flew through the air. The idea wasn't new. Years earlier the Wright brothers got off the ground at Kitty Hawk, thus mathematicians and scientists had proven that flight was possible. However, many people who read those facts couldn't believe that flying would ever become a reality. The Wright brothers believed the facts and mathematical formulas, and they built the first flying machine. When it became airborne, they demonstrated that you have to trust in the facts and act on them if you want results. There is a parallel here to the spiritual life of everyone who has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. Innumerable people know that He died on the cross, rose from the grave, but will not act on this knowledge!

They are like those who knew the mathematical facts and formulas about flight but had no faith in them. My beloved, God has made the facts very plain and clear in His precious and Eternal Word. He has provided for our salvation through the substitutionary death of His Son, Jesus Christ. However, many people who are aware of this fact are still lost. They know all about Jesus, but have never put their faith in Him. Someone has said, “The kindest thing that God ever did was to become a man.” What magnificent glory Christ left and what utter humiliation He suffered so He could offer us the riches of salvation! We will never be able to understand it completely. It's hard to fathom the truth that when we receive His gift, we claim an eternal inheritance as adopted children of God and placed in His family.

Closing illustration:

A story has been told regarding a little girl who was critically injured in an automobile accident and was taken to a nearby hospital. She had lost a great deal of blood and needed a transfusion, but her blood type was very rare. After many attempts to find a donor, it was finally discovered, that her 7-year-old brother had the same blood type. The doctor took him into his office and told him, “Your sister is very sick. Unless she gets some blood, I am afraid the angels are going to take her to heaven. Are you willing to give your baby sister your blood?” The boy’s face turned pale and his eyes widened in fear.

After some agonizing moments, he whispered to the doctor, “I’ll give my sister my blood.” As the transfusion took place, the boy watched as his blood passed through a tube to his sister. The doctor noticed that the boy seemed nervous and said, “It will all be over before long.” At that moment, big tears welled up in the boy’s eyes as he said, “Will I die pretty soon then?” He thought he was giving his own life to save his little sister! There is no greater love. Jesus laid down His life for you and I, even before we were His friends. “When we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son” (Romans 5:10).

These are the facts:

(1) When we die, we will spend an eternity in either, heaven or hell.
(2) We must make a decision in this lifetime where it will be.
(3) If we want to go to heaven, we have to experience God’s love.
(4) To experience God’s love we have to accept His offer of forgiveness.
(5) His offer of forgiveness is only through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.
(6) Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.”

In Matthew 7:13–14, Jesus said, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." My beloved, Jesus Christ is the gate or road to eternity and there is no other! So, the question that remains, "Have you opened the narrow gate that leads to eternity?

You can have tons of religion without one ounce of salvation.

John 15:13, “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen”

Please go back with me in time. It’s December 17, 1903, when Orville and Wilbur Wright made history when their motorized vehicle defied the law of gravity and flew through the air. The idea wasn't new. Years earlier the Wright brothers got off the ground at Kitty Hawk, thus mathematicians and scientists had proven that flight was possible. However, many people who read those facts couldn't believe that flying would ever become a reality. The Wright brothers believed the facts and mathematical formulas, and they built the first flying machine. When it became airborne, they demonstrated that you have to trust in the facts and act on them if you want results. There is a parallel here to the spiritual life of everyone who has heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. Innumerable people know that He died on the cross, rose from the grave, but will not act on this knowledge!

They are like those who knew the mathematical facts and formulas about flight but had no faith in them. My beloved, God has made the facts very plain and clear in His precious and Eternal Word. He has provided for our salvation through the substitutionary death of His Son, Jesus Christ. However, many people who are aware of this fact are still lost. They know all about Jesus, but have never put their faith in Him. Someone has said, “The kindest thing that God ever did was to become a man.” What magnificent glory Christ left and what utter humiliation He suffered so He could offer us the riches of salvation! We will never be able to understand it completely. It's hard to fathom the truth that when we receive His gift, we claim an eternal inheritance as adopted children of God and placed in His family.

Closing illustration:

A story has been told regarding a little girl who was critically injured in an automobile accident and was taken to a nearby hospital. She had lost a great deal of blood and needed a transfusion, but her blood type was very rare. After many attempts to find a donor, it was finally discovered, that her 7-year-old brother had the same blood type. The doctor took him into his office and told him, “Your sister is very sick. Unless she gets some blood, I am afraid the angels are going to take her to heaven. Are you willing to give your baby sister your blood?” The boy’s face turned pale and his eyes widened in fear.

After some agonizing moments, he whispered to the doctor, “I’ll give my sister my blood.” As the transfusion took place, the boy watched as his blood passed through a tube to his sister. The doctor noticed that the boy seemed nervous and said, “It will all be over before long.” At that moment, big tears welled up in the boy’s eyes as he said, “Will I die pretty soon then?” He thought he was giving his own life to save his little sister! There is no greater love. Jesus laid down His life for you and I, even before we were His friends. “When we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son” (Romans 5:10).

These are the facts:

(6) Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.”

In Matthew 7:13–14, Jesus said, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." My beloved, Jesus Christ is the gate or road to eternity and there is no other! So, the question that remains, "Have you opened the narrow gate that leads to eternity?

You can have tons of religion without one ounce of salvation.
Beautiful !
The story brought tears.
You shoulda beena writa.

It's so great to have him here.
It's not easy to find such lovely writing about God to be able to read.

I've learned not to get too overly excited about new members who join the forums, because their theology can suddenly take a turn for the worse just when you're getting to know them.

But for the meantime I find his devotionals refreshing myself. I'm not actually a devotional kind of guy, more of a heavy exegesis kind of guy. But when I read one that's well written and fairly solid theologically, it's a nice way to pass a few minutes, which cannot be said of a ton of things on the forums these days.

I've learned not to get too overly excited about new members who join the forums, because their theology can suddenly take a turn for the worse just when you're getting to know them.

But for the meantime I find his devotionals refreshing myself. I'm not actually a devotional kind of guy, more of a heavy exegesis kind of guy. But when I read one that's well written and fairly solid theologically, it's a nice way to pass a few minutes, which cannot be said of a ton of things on the forums these days.

To clear up any misunderstanding the writings that I am posting is to introduce God’s “Eternal Word” to those who don’t know Him as Savior of their life. God’s Word speaks so succinctly about God our Creator, His Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit that indwells every born-again believer. The Scriptures tell us in John 10:35, “they cannot be broken” and Psalm 119:89 emphasizes that fact, “Forever, O LORD, Your Word is settled in heaven.” T I believe the teaching of Scripture, including the priceless words of Christ Himself are indestructible, timeless, trans-cultural, has meaning, purpose, and gives much-needed guidance to all people of all centuries including today. The Bible is the only book for life’s big questions: Who am I? Why am I here? Is there a God? Does life have any meaning or purpose, and what happens after death?

For that knowledge, we need the Bible and always will. Yes, the Bible may be an old book and many people think it is out-dated and needs to be rewritten; however, it isn’t outdated and it is still the best book and will always continue to be, because it’s a gift to us from our Creator and Author God. He used human writers and through these men, God’s complete thought toward man was revealed and recorded without error. Although these men may not have understood all that they were writing, nevertheless, under the guiding and meticulous hand of God, they produced the 66 Books that form the entire Bible, wherein there is astonishing unity, and continuous evidence of the work of the Holy Spirit in directing what was written. Accordingly, the Bible, though written by men, is a message from God with the authority, certainty, and assurance that only God can give.

The purpose of these devotionals is to uplift and glorify God, His Son Jesus Christ, and the salvation He freely offers to everyone. These are simple devotionals that I’ve written over the many years of teaching an adult Sunday school class and leading prayer meeting during the absence of our Pastor, and I trust it would be a time for us to consider and reflect on God’s Eternal Word and how it applies to our daily life. It would be my sincere desire as you read them you’ll find something encouraging, comforting, edifying, convicting and inspirational to help us in our daily walk here on earth, and possibly in other areas of our life. It would also be my desire that God would direct those individuals who are truly seeking Christ to this Christian web-site and through these writings they would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. May these devotionals truly be a blessing to your heart, mind and soul in the days and weeks to come!

Psalm 119:89 states, “Forever, O LORD, they word is settle in heaven” and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works”

His servant - Shadrach

Exactly my feeling!
Unusual for a girl, I think.
Sad to read about how persons change...
I haven't really experienced this.
I think Shadrach will remain a servant of God.

These are the facts:
Other than Facts 1&6, I would tweak your ‘facts’.

I hold to predispositionalism. In short, if conceived with a heart for deity (subconscious/intrinsic, not evangelical, decision), with him we will ultimately be. Therefore if we want to go to heaven, we will experience God’s love, and will at least implicitly accept his offer of forgiveness-welcome from conception, as also at heaven’s gate (Level 4 salvation).

IMO…
on the one hand, heavenly life (L4) is only possible because of the cross, but does not require knowing Jesus in mortal life: intrinsic decision/orientation. On the other hand, Christians life (ie Level 3 salvation) is only possible because of the cross, and does require knowing Jesus in mortal life: conscious/evangelical decision. Fact 6 is contextually about Jesus being the only way into messianic life, which knows God as father in mortal years.

Only God can grant spirtual sight. Some people have spirit of stupor for their protection. They will be taught during millennium. Hebrew 12:5. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despite not thou the chastisement of the Lord, nor faint when thou are rebuked of Him. PARAKLESIS in Greek means = exhortation. HUIOS in Greek = children. God only chastises those He loves. Christian people are of the body of christ. The chastisement doesn't apply to heathen or Christian who has spirit of slumber. Its those who have holy spirit. God doesn't show favoritism. Some people have spirit of stupor for reason. Gods Elect earned their position from first earth age. 12:6. For whom the Lord loves He chastisement, and scourged every son He receives. 12:8. But if ye be without chastisement, where of all are par takers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. God's Election have holy spirit. Jesus has his reasons why some people have spirit of slumber. God loves all His children. Some people will have to wait until millennium is over to have access to Jesus. New convert. Pray to God, ask for wisdom and knowledge. Mabey Jesus will grant spirtual sight. Repent for sins to God. Jesus may not open spirtual eyes for His reasons. There's the millennium, its time of teaching. Some people will find eternal life at the end of millennium. 12:9. Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence. At the 7th trump, Jesus returns to Jerusalem. Were in our spirtual bodys, no more flesh. Jesus will correct people. This is the millennium. Lot of people will respond to that correction. Will find eternal life. People should be thankful for the millennium. Dont get mad at me. I'm servant of God. God has His reasons why some people have spirit of slumber. Just accept it, and the millennium is another chance.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back