Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Helper , What help have you received from the Holy Spirit ?

hawkman

Pentecostal
Staff member
The Holy Spirit , The Helper .

Holy Spirit Helper.jpg

I was reading my Bible one evening and I got to this verse in the Book of Matthew chapter 27 .

46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

As I read silently to myself I puzzled to myself ," How do you pronounce Eli,Eli ,lama sabacthani ? I thought ok I will try to sound it out loud . As I opened my mouth the Holy Spirit took the utterance and sounded it for me ! When the Holy Spirit spoke the words came out with force and a loud volume , surprise 😳 , but a good surprise 😊.

What help have you received from the Holy Spirit ?

Last edited:
The Holy Spirit , The Helper .

View attachment 16613

I was reading my Bible one evening and I got to this verse in the Book of Matthew chapter 27 .

46And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

As I read silently to myself I puzzled to myself ," How do you pronounce Eli,Eli ,lama sabacthani ? I thought ok I will try to sound it out loud . As I opened my mouth the Holy Spirit took the utterance and sounded it for me ! When the Holy Spirit spoke the words came out with force and a loud volume , surprise 😳 , but a good surprise 😊.

What help have you received from the Holy Spirit ?
Almost a year and a half ago I was driving at the posted speed through a green light at an intersection. I saw the car turning left headed straight for my car. At the last second I decided to turn the car slightly to the right. Less than a second later the impact happened. Not one scratch from the flying glass and no injuries whatsoever. When I inspected the damage I saw that had I not turned the other car would have impacted the driver-side door and I would not be alive today. The Spirit that guided me that day didn't help me. He saved my life.

Back