Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Holy Spirit Gift is Unique

Rockytopva

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? - 1 Corinthians 12

And as far as tongues....

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. - 1 Corinthians 14:39

Forbid not.... In other words don't disallow it. I would venture to say that when someone speaks in tongues it will be unique to that person. Nobody will speak in tongues like him.

In a church... Everyone's gift is unique. I go to churches with plenty of musical instruments. Nobody plays the piano, guitar, drum, they all have their unique style. And so... In church... Everyone comes together with their own unique gift and the church service turns out wonderful.

To say that everyone needs the same gift is like telling a royal orchestra that all they need is the percussion and the symphonies will turn out fine.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? - 1 Corinthians 12

And as far as tongues....

Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues. - 1 Corinthians 14:39

Forbid not.... In other words don't disallow it. I would venture to say that when someone speaks in tongues it will be unique to that person. Nobody will speak in tongues like him.

In a church... Everyone's gift is unique. I go to churches with plenty of musical instruments. Nobody plays the piano, guitar, drum, they all have their unique style. And so... In church... Everyone comes together with their own unique gift and the church service turns out wonderful.

To say that everyone needs the same gift is like telling a royal orchestra that all they need is the percussion and the symphonies will turn out fine.
Some gifts are personal, and other gifts are for the well bring of the entire "body".

Back