Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The judgment of Israel

golfjack

The second judgment we find in Scripture is the judgment of Israel, otherwise known as Jacob's trouble ( Jer. 30:7). As we approach the time of the seven-year tribulation period, Israel will be confronted with whom the real Messiah is. They will make a covenant with Anti-christ for three and a half years. Antichrist will turn on them and persecute the Jews, and they will face trial ( Dan. 9:24-27).

We do have a tremendous responsibility to reach out to as many Jews as possible while there is still daylight. A day is coming which will be darker than any day Israel has yet seen. The Bible calls us to honor the fact since they were the national avenue by which messianic blessing has come to mankind ( Rom. 9:4-5, there should be a sense of duty to bless all Jewry ( Gen. 12:3), to pray with sincere passion for them ( Rom. 10:1), and to be ready to bear witness to any Jew ( Rom. 1:16-17).

May God bless, golfjack

golfjack said:
The second judgment we find in Scripture is the judgment of Israel, otherwise known as Jacob's trouble ( Jer. 30:7).

Hi golfjack,
Would you agree that the time of Jacob's trouble is the final judgement upon Israel?

In Christ: stranger

Yep. The last judgment of God is the Great White Throne Judgment. If one takes the mark of the beast, Curtains for him.

May God bless, golfjack

From my studies, I agree that Israel as a nation will suffer terrible persecution, awful judgment during "the time of Jacob's trouble", the last half of the "70th week of Daniel.

However, we know from history that Israel suffered terrible judgment in 70 A.D. when Titus and the Roman army sacked Jerusalem and the temple, and many Israelites were killed or scattered to other nations.

It was given to Peter to write in 1 Pet. 4:17, "For the time is that judgment must begin at the house of God." And so it did.

The last judgment for Israel as a nation, IMO, will be the last half of the tribulation period of 7 years. Because of their persecution, they will cry out to God for deliverance, and it will happen when Jesus as Messiah returns with the angels of heaven, to defeat Israel's enemies and establish his millennial kingdom.

NOTE: The great white throne judging does not occur until after the 1000 years reign is over. It is a judgment for resurrected individuals.

Bick

Bick said:
From my studies, I agree that Israel as a nation will suffer terrible persecution, awful judgment during "the time of Jacob's trouble", the last half of the "70th week of Daniel.

However, we know from history that Israel suffered terrible judgment in 70 A.D. when Titus and the Roman army sacked Jerusalem and the temple, and many Israelites were killed or scattered to other nations.

It was given to Peter to write in 1 Pet. 4:17, "For the time is that judgment must begin at the house of God." And so it did.

The last judgment for Israel as a nation, IMO, will be the last half of the tribulation period of 7 years. Because of their persecution, they will cry out to God for deliverance, and it will happen when Jesus as Messiah returns with the angels of heaven, to defeat Israel's enemies and establish his millennial kingdom.

NOTE: The great white throne judging does not occur until after the 1000 years reign is over. It is a judgment for resurrected individuals.

Bick
My thoughts as well, Bick.

Back