Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study The Law of feast of Passover

Son Of Man

Greeting
today I meditate on these words and many, a little I know
Luke 23:17 (for it was necessary for him to release one to them at the feast)
Matthew 26:2 "You know that after two days is the Passover, and the Son of Man will be delivered up to be crucified."
Mark 15:6 Now at the feast he was accustomed to releasing one prisoner to them, whomever they requested.
Matthew 27:15-18 Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished.*
And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas.
Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, "Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?" For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.
Matthew 27:24-25 When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
John 19:14-17 And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
But they cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him. Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King?
The chief priests answered, We have no king but Caesar.
Mark 12:17 And Jesus answered and said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they marveled at Him.
John 19: 17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Acts 5:26-32 Then the captain went with the officers and brought them without violence, for they feared the people, lest they should be stoned.
And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!"
But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men.
The God of our fathers rose up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree.
Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.
And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."
John 8:36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Then answered all the people, and said,
His blood is on us, and on our children.
(Matthew 27:25)

Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city,
that on you may come all the righteous bloodshed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
(Matthew 23: 34-35)

So it shall be that whoever goes outside the doors of your house into the street, his blood shall be on his own head, and we will be guiltless. And whoever is with you in the house, his blood shall be on our head if a hand is laid on him.

(Josh 2:19)

Philippians 2:12-13
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, saying, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Man's blood on us!"
But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men.
See how hypocritical the high priest was, because of him initial choice on the execution of Jesus Christ on the cross happened. Jesus's blood was on him, he was responsible for Jesus's death. His blood was also not on him because he didnt except Jesus death was for him. I don't believe the high priest was saved.

Back