Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Legal Drug Cult(ure) and the Christian

lesjude

The Legal Drug Cult(ure) and the Christian

My purpose in this post is to get you to look at the drug cult(ure) from a Biblical point of view. I do not intend to condemn anyone. The high priests and practitioners of the drug cult do not want the 'lay' people to know these things. Do not stop taking medicine until you have faith for healing on the basis of God's word. Isaiah 53:4-5 with Matthew 8:16-17, Psalms 103:1-5, 1 Peter 2:24 and MANY more.

I recently received these notes from a Christian who had taken this university course on medical drugs from a recognized expert in the field. Below is my friend's introduction/explanation and then the verbatim notes she transcribed from her digital recorder.

"Here are my notes from the first day of "Drugs & the Brain." Dr. ______ doesn't require a textbook because she is one. All her exams are straight from her lectures and, knowing this, I used a digital voice recorder, then transcribed each lecture into my computer, and so what I've written is word-for-word."

January 23, 2006 - Lecture 1 - Introduction to Pharmacology

Neuropsychopharmacology – this is what Dr. _______ is – her PhD is in pharmacology – and Neuropsychopharmacology is a better name for this course than “Drugs and the Brain.â€

Pharmacology comes from the Greek word, pharmakon. Pharmacology is the study of drugs. How do they work? What is the mechanism of action? Such as, why does Prozac make you feel better? Why does LSD make you hallucinate? What are their side effects? What is their history?

Pharmakon = “Magical Poisonâ€: In Greek, it means “magical poisonâ€; this is a concept that we’ll see all through the course.

“Magical Poison†= Pharmakon: Drugs are good, magical, and beneficial but they are all poisons – there is not a drug that won’t kill you – if you take enough of it, it will kill you. Magical poison is important in how drugs are designed, in how doctors use drugs, etc. – they are curing someone without killing them. (END OF NOTES)

Here is what the Bible says about the same term Pharmakon/pharmakia which is translated as sorcery.
Acts 8:9-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, 10 to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.†11 And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done.
The same word is used in Revelations 9:21, 18:23. In the Greek Septuagint in Ex. 7:11, 22; 8:7, 18 Isaiah 47: 9, 12. No where in the Bible is this word EVER used in a positive way that would suggest a believer should be using this magical poison.

All drugs, by definition, are poison and harm the human body no matter how small the dosage, even aspirin.
Most drugs 'cure' nothing but mask the symptoms, allowing the person to live with the disease, and become drug dependent. All drugs have side effects, many of which those that take them are not aware of, or find out too late. It is a VERY costly way to be poisoned when Jesus provides healing free of charge with no side affects.

Below are more notes from the college course that explain how those that develop and use this magical poison arrive at what is 'safe'.

January 25, 2006 - Lecture 2 - Introduction to Pharmacology

Therapeutic Index – Pharmacologists do Log-Dose Response Curves to get a mechanism of action to find out if the drug is an agonist or antagonist, if the lines parallel (same receptor), and another reason is to get a safety profile - how much good does the drug do before it accidentally kills you? The lethal curve is compared to the effective curve and that is the Therapeutic Index. The dose that kills 50% of people over the dose that works in 50% of people. It has to be 10 or the drug cannot be marketed. They don’t want you accidentally taking 3 or 4 and then dying, like people did with some barbiturates way back in the 1970s. Alcohol has a therapeutic index of less than 10 – it is very lethal. They don’t want dosing errors.

Another reason you need to have a therapeutic index is all drugs are made for a man that weighs 150 lbs. – all drugs are designed for men at that weight. So if you are female, a child, elderly, etc., the dose must be carefully administered – these biological differences (size, age, weight) really matter or one can overdose.

Another thing you have to take into consideration, particularly a drug working on the mind, is the placebo effect.

Placebo Effect: Placebo (sugar pill) is an inactive substance; it has no drug in it. Drugs are compared against a placebo – what you think will make you better. It’s in your mind. It is a powerful force working on the mind when you take a pill. Antidepressants, pain medication and anti-anxiety drugs have to be compared to a placebo. Your mind wants to get better – and it is powerful. You will get better with a placebo that’s injected instead of a pill, and a red capsule rather than a white pill. Or if someone in the Mayo Clinic gives it to you rather than someone in a community hospital. There are a few mental conditions for which this is not true – there is no placebo response with schizophrenia or OCD. But depression, pain, and anxiety have a big placebo response. (END OF NOTES)

It is apparent that they experiment on guess who? Even after they have 'experimented' it is still hit and miss guess work to a large extent as to dosage and which magical poison to use. People suffer irreversible damage and death all too often. This in NOT TRUE SCIENCE!

Here are the questions a Christian has to answer:
1. If the Bible presents drugs as magical poison and those that received salvation saw their true nature in Acts 8:9-13 what should be the position of believers today?
2. Even if one thinks that those that prescribe and develop magical poison have nothing to do with the occult should the believer take them in light of this scripture?
Corinthians 3:16-17 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 17 If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.

3. What is the motivation of those that use cult brain washing techniques of mass media to persuade people that the true source of life, health and healing is found in magical poison (drugs)? What is God's opinion on this?

4. How does Jesus feel about Christians that join the drug cult after He died a terribly death to provide physical healing with no drugs? (Jesus does give grace and mercy)

5. Do legal or illegal drugs kill more people in the US per annum?

The one significant difference between a Christian medical doctor and a non-Christian medical doctor is that the former taps on God's healing power in addition to his drug prescription while the latter is ignorant of God's healing power.

My church and other churches where I live have many doctors and surgeons who are born-again believers. As a matter of fact, in almost every clinic that I have been to, I kept meeting Christian doctors who encouraged me to trust in the Lord for healing... in addition to taking the drugs that they prescribed.

I agree that drugs have side effects and even doctors will not deny that. But if one is in need of healing and prayers are not working, drugs are better than nothing.

We thank God for making such provision for those of us with not as much faith as you to believe in absolute healing of God with the exclusion of every other healing options.

Could this be why people in Biblical times lived hundreds of years while people these days are dying young ? There was no "magical poision" to shorten their lives .... :chin

Do you not take drugs at all ? Do your prayers for healing always work ?

Back