Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] The love of Jesus.. my journey

I lost my dad when I was 21 years of age. I was lost...the world had taken me over.
I grew up as a kid with great parents whom loved the lord. Throughout my whole life I personally would go to church here and there seeking salvation. But I never truly got to where I needed to be. I was always missing something. So I chose drugs, partying, and terrible things of this world as a substitute. Well needless to say I was heading down a road of destruction. All the drugs and partying didn't fix my problems .... so I quit! I got a job and kept it for 8 years and I figured I needed to just live right and mature as a man and all my problems would just go away. Nope, they just got worse by the day. I had it in me the whole time... i just couldn't see it. I would praise the lord when something good happened, But I would look away have pure hate when all the bad showed up! One day , I finally broke down and prayed for forgiveness during a really hard time. I went to church with an open heart and allowed Jesus to fill it. But wait, I have done this before but I always went back to my old ways. well 2 weeks later before bed, I prayed for god to show me direction...to show me what it is that i was missing. I fell asleep...and I was awoken at 2 am and I felt gods presence. He was telling me to read the word! well i opened by bible up to hebrews 6:1-3 it includes the 6 doctrines of christ. at first I didnt understand.....So I researched it then and there and said Lord , help me come to understand this , engrave it into my heart lord. And the first page I came upon .... the heading was Foundation. How could I have missed this?? Everything I build has one! and from that point on....I went from a life built on sand ......to one built on solid rock! Thank you Jesus!

It's those little things we find through god, that unexplainable strength. Those things you just feel in your heart, and they lead to to such wonderful places. That is a beautiful relationship with god, to feel it and to see it, and it's personal for you. Glad that you get to experience that connection with the lord, while many are blind. That love that just won't leave you.

Back