Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Messianic cult

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Maria222

Question:

Do you think adherents of Judaism will attain salvation?
My response:
I hold the view that God demonstrates special loyalty to his chosen Jewish people, Israel, in various ways. However, those who persist in rejecting Jesus as their Messiah are no better off than non-Jews who do the same. In this case they will be judged by God as unbelievers too.
There exist numerous Messianic Jews, comprising a significant portion of Judaism's followers, who adhere to Jewish laws while also acknowledging Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God. These individuals are considered as heretics and cult followers because Christians are free from implementation of the Jewish laws (for example circumcision is forbidden for them and food dietary laws too).
Galatians 5: "Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace".
These groups of the messianic heretics are fallen away from grace snd they are not believers anymore!
As for others who do not share Christians beliefs and who do not live holy, based on Scripture, they will not gain entry into heaven. So, while we cannot fully grasp the extent of God's mercy, there is no guarantee that those Jews who reject Jesus will be accepted.
The natural follow-up question pertains to individuals who lived before Jesus, such as Abraham and David. I believe, and Scripture supports, that they are in a state of blessedness in paradise. Ultimately, it is our faith in God's promises, whether regarding future events like the Messiah's arrival (as was the case for Old Testament believers) or reflecting on past events like the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, that renders us acceptable to Him.
God accepts only holy Christians! 1 Cor. 15:2 and Col. 1:22,23 declare the true Gospel of grace and reveals that it has a conditional security for the believer attached to it! That was the original message, as taught by the Lord Himself and His Apostles.

IF YOU are not LIVING HOLY now, then YOU are not a Christian now, though you may have been one in the past. There are NO Christian liars, NO Christian drunks, NO Christian adulterers, NO Christian thieves (1 Cor. 6:9-11; Eph. 5:5-7; Rev. 21:8). NOW is the time to DEEPLY REPENT. God wants the backsliders back, but you must repent to return to salvation or to become a Christian.

Paul answer this in Romans 3:28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

In short a Jew is only a Jew if they have accepted Jesus.

Question:

To your Q, I’d say "Some, Yes", on the basis that whether Animism, Atheism, Islam, or Judaism, all human beings begin as unbelievers without fear or favour—no special DNA. IMO globally accessible ultimate salvation has always been, and been incidental to whether we hear, let alone buy into, Christianity in mortal life.

BTW Sinai laws, including physical circumcision, predated [Jewish laws] (eg korban: Mk.7:11), since Sinai predated the Jewish kingdom and even the Israelite kingdom. You might be surprised at how many folk think that Moses was a Jew!

BTW you might find https://archive.org/details/messianicjudaism0000telc/mode/1up?view=theater worth a read.

Your post seems to me to say that 1# not sharing Christians beliefs and 2# not living biblical holiness, ultimately damns. If we do a Gen.18, ie analyse down to a core position, we might ask whether 1# not sharing Christians beliefs but 2# living a moderate amount of biblical holiness will ultimately damn, and whether 1# sharing Christians beliefs but 2# not living biblical holiness, ultimately damns. Indeed can one share Christians beliefs without being a Christian? But since [God accepts only holy Christians!] focuses down your position, I guess IYO it’s merely a question of only Christians above a certain bar of virtue, judged I guess either over their total time as a Christian or at their last mortal vice/virtue moment, who will ultimately be saved. IMO the only excluder from ultimate heaven is a core unwillingness to be anywhere near God, ie self-damnation.

I agree with you that folk can basically meander in and out of Christianity, but I don’t think that unless caught by death (or the parousia) at a time of being a Christian of good standing, we’re ultimately damned.

Guys, do you know which createria allowed Jews to be in paradise after death?

For my money I take the term paradise to be a garden-descriptive term for heaven. As to criteria for life with God after death, I suspect that for ethnic Jews and ethnic Israelites there is and has been only one criterion, the same as for any other ethnicity, namely that at core they have a desire to be with God.

Guys, do you know which createria allowed Jews to be in paradise after death?
Faith in Jesus, either because in life they have accepted Jesus or because due to their faith in God, Jesus has retrospectively accepted them, see Hebrews 11 the men of faith.

For my money I take the term paradise to be a garden-descriptive term for heaven. As to criteria for life with God after death, I suspect that for ethnic Jews and ethnic Israelites there is and has been only one criterion, the same as for any other ethnicity, namely that at core they have a desire to be with God.
Their Jewish Scripture did not say that. No teaching on hell or paradise they have in the Old Testament! So what did they need to do in faith? What was the purpose of their religion which is our religion too?! Ponder.

Their Jewish Scripture did not say that. No teaching on hell or paradise they have in the Old Testament! So what did they need to do in faith? What was the purpose of their religion which is our religion too?! Ponder.
The Jewish people needed to keep the law in faith. They needed to believe the law condemns us all and so to receive Gods' mercy is to show His mercy. Our Hero could have slain His enemies instead of being humiliated by them.
But the point is, live by faith that God will right all wrongs.

On another note, I thought I once eead something in Orthodox Judaism about Abrahams' bosom. I thought it was somewhere in the Talmud. Maybe someone knows a Rabbinic source. Could be way off on that.

They did have glimmerings of life beyond death, and of destinations relative to Yahweh (eg Dan.12:2; archaeology shows artifacts were buried with Israelite bodies, indicative of after-death beliefs). The Israelite scriptures picked up on the Persian term we call paradise (viz Neh.2:8; Ecc.2:5; Sg.4:12), and it was used in Jewish intertestamental writings. Thus Jesus used it to the repentant zealot of the cross (Lk.23:43): perhaps it was a buzz word among godly zealots?

The purpose of their religion (ie Sinai) had been to bless those within with an intimacy with Yahweh, and to prepare for the messianic age. Their options were threefold: to reject Yahweh and Sinaism (leave); to accept Sinaism but not Yahweh (remain); to welcome Yahweh and Sinaism (remain and enjoy).

Christianity welcomes Yahweh but not Sinaism. Our religion is messianic Yahwism, as wheat to chaff; as reality to shadow. It’s purpose is to spiritually both enjoy and grow within a messianic intimacy with Yahweh. We are encouraged to share the good news of access into this community.

Our Hero could have slain His enemies instead of being humiliated by them.
If you mean Jesus, then yes as he said he had 12 legions of angels waiting for his call.
But Jesus came to die, as John called him " the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. "
As Paul says in 1Cor 15, if Christ has not been raised we are still in our sins!
If he had to be raised it follows that he had died.

If you mean Jesus, then yes as he said he had 12 legions of angels waiting for his call.
But Jesus came to die, as John called him " the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. "
Yes, As a harmless lamb, our harmless Lamb didn't open didn't open His mouth to condemn His killers, but showed mercy allowing Himself to be sinned against like that.
As Paul says in 1Cor 15, if Christ has not been raised we are still in our sins! If he had to be raised it follows that he had died.
When interpreting 1Corinthian 15, respected reformed theologians as well as Jehovahs' Witnesses have neglected to remember 2 extremely important facts.
1) 1Cor.15 is about the resurrection.
2) Only Adam and Jesus are being compared.

Please read the chapter from beginning to end with these two points in mind on each verse and it becomes plain that Paul is saying Jesus is God.

Jesus is God
Of course Jesus is the Son of God .
If he were not he could not pay for our sins.
Muslims are quite right when they say a man cannot pay for other peoples sins, but must pay for their own sins.

As Jrsus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father.,"

Of course Jesus is the Son of God .
Yes but you quoted 1Cor.15.

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 1Cor.15:27 KJV

Do you understand who Paul is comparing here ?
If he were not he could not pay for our sins.
The law and the prophets forbid substitutionary sacrifice,

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his ow nsin. Deu.24:16 KJV

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. Eze.18:20 KJV
Muslims are quite right when they say a man cannot pay for other peoples sins, but must pay for their own sins.
On that point the Bible agrees, but Islam teaches that the Messiah didn't ruse from death and that is heresy so leave them out of doctrine.

As Jrsus said, "He who has seen me has seen the Father.,"
Yes and Jesus was sinned against in terrible ways by Jews and gentiles yet continued to show all mankind His grace. Exactly like our Father does.
Even the religious leaders who contradicted our Savior were committing sin by doing so.

Yes and we find out right quick that if our Lord would forgive the sin of His murder He will freely forgive any repentant.
Esau tried in vain to repent, even with tears, as written.
There is a sin unto death, we are instructed not to even pray for one who sins this.
There is a sin not unto death, we are instructed it is okay(good?) to pray for this.
Man's ideas about repentance rarely are in harmony with the Creator's Word.

What was the purpose of their religion
"Their" religion was nothing at all like religion today on earth.
Maybe not even correct to call it religion.
They were to serve Yahweh. 100%. All the time. Every day, all their lives. Completely. Utterly. Holy. (separated, set apart from the world)

Jesus , born a Jew, King of the Jews, adhered to Judaism (yet not as man looks/sees things).
So did all of the Apostles/ disciples/ and likewise disciples who believed because of the disciples.

Esau tried in vain to repent, even with tears, as written.
There is a sin unto death, we are instructed not to even pray for one who sins this.
There is a sin not unto death, we are instructed it is okay(good?) to pray for this.
Man's ideas about repentance rarely are in harmony with the Creator's Word.
Hello follower.
Esau (the individual) didn't try to repent because he was truly sorry for selling his birthright. Esau "sought repentance with tears" because he lost his birthright, not because he was sorry for selling it over beab soup. Esau wanted to kill Jacob.

After time passed, Esau (the individual) and Jacob hugged and wept over one another. Esau acknowledged how God blessed him and those brothers buried their father together.

I don't know if Esau the individual ever repented. Sounds like he did, but In Rom.9, Paul is using Esau as an example of what can happen to Jews who turn from Christ for temporary pleasyre.

Back