Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The New Testament: His Teaching through His Apostles

Does believing and practicing the doctrine of Christ, or not, affect our salvation?

• Total voters

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
The Doctrine of Christ is seen in the New Testament which is the New Covenant; The Covenant we have with Jesus Christ our Lord.

The stipulations or requirements or law that governs this covenant are seen in the New Testament, as expressed by His Apostles.

That’s why it’s also referred to as the Apostles doctrine.

And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. Acts 2:40-45

This doctrine came directly from Jesus Christ, as He commissioned them to go and make disciples of every nation...

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 28:18-20

Whatever we read in the New Testament, we are reading the inspired, God breathed words from our Lord.

• Paul says it this way —

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. 1 Timothy 4:16

• John also reminds us of this same thing —

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Divisions in the body of Christ today, are rampant. This is primarily due to the teachings of man, that have been introduced to God’s people through denominations and catechism’s and councils where men have added to and redefined the doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ as found in the New Testament.

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”
Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. 1 Timothy 4:16

JLB

Last edited:
The Doctrine of Christ is seen in the New Testament which is the New Covenant;
The Covenant we have with Jesus Christ our Lord.

The stipulations or requirements or law that governs this covenant are seen in the New Testament, as expressed by His Apostles.

That’s why it’s also referred to as the Apostles doctrine.

And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. Acts 2:40-45

This doctrine came directly from Jesus Christ, as He commissioned them to go and make disciples of every nation...

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Matthew 28:18-20

Whatever we read in the New Testament, we are reading the inspired, God breathed words from our Lord.

• Paul says it this way —

• John also reminds us of this same thing —

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

Divisions in the body of Christ today, are rampant. This is primarily due to the teachings of man, that have been introduced to God’s people through denominations and catechism’s and councils where men have added to and redefined the doctrine of our Lord Jesus Christ as found in the New Testament.

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.”
Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

JLB
The doctrine of Christ just means the teaching of Christ.

I often hear that Jesus did it all and so we are not required to do anything at all...but of course we SHOULD.

So then I ask: What did Jesus mean when He told the Apostles to go and teach all nations?

What DID He teach in over 3 years of ministry?

We all can agree that Jesus' two commandments will cover all the others.

But it's also a good idea to KNOW all the others.

Maybe we could all list some instructions by Jesus that we especially like or think are important?

Jesus first request:
REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.
Matthew 4:17

We are to change our lives.
We are to turn to God and believe in him.

MAN SHALL LIVE BY EVERY WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD.
Matthew 4:4

We should know WHAT WORDS come out of the mouth of God.
We can love everyone with agape love....but do we really know what Jesus meant when He said to be PERFECT like our Father in heaven is perfect.

What exactly does He expect from us if the Rich Young Ruler left sad because following the 10 commandments was not sufficient...
Matthew 19:16..........

Maybe we could all list some instructions by Jesus that we especially like or think are important?

we certainly will.

Just getting started.

Everything in the New Testament is about the Gospel, Commandments and Doctrine of Jesus Christ, through His apostles.

Guidelines for the New Covenant that we are in, with Christ.

JLB

Last edited:
I would say that the teaching of Jesus are simply
Believe in me as saviour.
Show your love for me in your obedience to my commands.

How would you express it?

Back