Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Remmant

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Romans 11:5
Even so then at this present time there is a remmant according to the election of grace.

Who do men think is the remmant and why? :chin

Even so then at this present time there is a remmant according to the election of grace.

Rev. 12:17 has the original with satan 's take over. The 2 Thess. 2:1-3 is past/tense. All that is left is Rev. 3:10 ones.

--Elijah

Opinion. I see a remnant that has been called out of a tainted Christianity that has been inundated through the centuries by laws of bondage, doctrines of men, and 'your traditions make void and null the word of God'.

Seeing you asked, in the verses that say "election" and in the CONTEXT of THIS scripture. The ones of the "election" are the remnant of those of the Jewish faith.
Your answer can be easily understood by verse 12.
"12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?
Who is the them, in this verse? The ones spoken of in the previous verses, which does not include the Gentiles, as we can see in verse 12.

I love to read Malachi, which clearly shows that the heart of God is disposed in care and remembrance towards His faithful remnant.

Opinion. I see a remnant that has been called out of a tainted Christianity that has been inundated through the centuries by laws of bondage, doctrines of men, and 'your traditions make void and null the word of God'.

Isaiah 4:1
And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

The seven women identify with the seven churches in Revelation chapters 2 and 3, which represent all of the churches and congregations which have come into existence throughout the New Testament era. They are comprised of 'wheat and tares' (Mat. 13:24-30). And they are referred to as "women" because within them were the elect remnant of God, the Bride of Christ; whom God has commanded to come out of them (Rev. 14:4, 18:4).

These seven women who "take hold of one man", want to be identified with Christ (called Christians). But instead of Him being their spiritual Bread, and only desiring His Robe of Righteousness, they want their own kind of covering (Mat. 22:11-14); a salvation plan of works is their 'riches' (Luke 18:18-25), instead of the absolute authority of the Bible, and the Sovereignty of Christ (Eph. 1:4-11, 2:5-10; Acts 13:48, 15:18, 20:24; Isaiah 64:6; Titus 1:1, 3:5; John 6:44, 17:2).

TGBTG! (Jer. 9:23, 24)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2 Thess. 2:1-3 is past/tense.

That would mean you believe Jesus has already come and the resurrection is past.

Not hardly!

JLB

That is a personal judgment!;)

No, it just means that most everything 'important' has a repeat is all. Eccl. 1:9-10 & the second time? Eccl. 3:15, + the way that God works as seen in Gen. 41:32. And from old Israel rejection of Christ we find it all happening again a second time. (actually it is just an extension)

Case in point: Israel was cut off Matt. 23:38, and so is Laodicea from the verse seen in Rev. 3:16-17 & back to verse 9. (synagogue of satan) + of course the repeat of Heb. 6:6 & the Remnant out of Laodicea is seen now with Philadelphia in Rev. 3:10 as being kept from the hour of temptation.

--Elijah

Does not the Bible speak to us today as well as to those alive when it was written? The whole bible is about Jesus Christ from begining to end and it is for our (TODAY) study, edifacation and help. What was written applies to us today as well as to the saints alive when it was written. It is historical,especial the ot but all applies to us too. You cannot seperate one passage or book and say THAT was only to those alive at that time and then take another book or passage you like and say now THAT applies to us today.

Even at this present time, means "even at this present time"

It means there's more unbelievers in the world than believers. Pretty scary. :chokedup

You cannot seperate one passage or book and say THAT was only to those alive at that time and then take another book or passage you like and say now THAT applies to us today.

What about blood sacrifice and slavery in Leviticus and other OT books.

[MENTION=388]Dave...[/MENTION]................
What about blood sacrifice and slavery in Leviticus and other OT books.

Points to the blood sacrifice of our Lord
Slaves point us toward Jesus..........We are slaves to the world 1st, then when we are Born again we belong to Christ for his honor and Glory

Ahh Israel The Jews..................... But he is a Jew which is one inwardly in the spirit and not in the letter.......Romans 2:29

We are spirital Israel. Comments would be appreciated as long as you give scripture to support what you believe. I delite in searching out such things in Scripture to see if they are true according to his word. If you use another translation I will see what the KJV says as I believe this is the best and most trusted. Use whatever you like....I like the KJV and use it mostly because I trust it as the inspired word of God.

You cannot seperate one passage or book and say THAT was only to those alive at that time.

Yes you can. The Holy Spirit came and went in the OT. Christ risen changed all of that. There's probably a lot more, but I'd have to dig around the OT.

It is true that the context of Romans 11:5 is speaking about a remnant of the Jews in Israel who were those chosen in the election of grace. However, we know from the rest of the Bible that the election of grace are both Jew and Gentile.

Acts 15:14-18
Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. (Eph. 1:3-11; 2 Tim. 1:9)

The Bible speaks of only two groups of people in "the world": Jews and Gentiles; everyone falls in one category or the other. This is the scope God had in view when He speaks of "the world" in John 3:16; and the "all" of the men spoken of in John 12:32; and the "us-ward" and "any" in 2 Pet. 3:9. For God's salvation by grace is only about His pre-chosen remnant. To preach that salvation is available to all men without exception is a false gospel Paul warned of in Galatians 1:6-8.

Isaiah 1:9
Except Jehovah of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah

And the remnant are the third part spoken of in:

Zech.13:8-9
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, (1 Pet. 1:7; Psalm 11:5) and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people (Mat. 1:21): and they shall say, Jehovah is my God.

Yes, it is only a very small remnant of mankind that is saved by grace. Salvation by grace is exclusively for the election of Grace; no one else, for election of grace precedes salvation by grace. Thus, there is no salvation by grace without election of grace. Paul stated in 2 Tim. 2:10, that he endures all "for the elect's sake"; and in Eph. 1:13; that they may hear..."the gospel of your salvation".

2 Timothy 1:9
(v.8; God) Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began (Heb. 4:3; 1 Pet. 1:20; Rev. 13:8; Titus 1:2; Rom. 8:30, 9:23; Eph. 1:4)

This is the remnant Christ spoke about in John 10:27:

My sheep hear my voice (Rom. 10:17), and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. (Mat 25:32-46)

TGBTG!

Seeing you asked, in the verses that say "election" and in the CONTEXT of THIS scripture. The ones of the "election" are the remnant of those of the Jewish faith.
Your answer can be easily understood by verse 12.
"12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness?
Who is the them, in this verse? The ones spoken of in the previous verses, which does not include the Gentiles, as we can see in verse 12.

thats interesting

NIV translation:

Romans 11:
12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the Gentiles, how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!

the Jews lost their inheritance,considered riches for the gentiles

“how much greater riches will their full inclusion bring!â€

What does this mean??

Does it mean that if they were included fully, will riches to the gentiles will be that much greater??

What does this mean??

Does it mean that if they were included fully, will riches to the gentiles will be that much greater??
Hi Rob and welcome to CF.net. I hope you are blessed here in Jesus’ name. Could the following be what you're seeking?

Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
:wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back