Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Tabernacle reflects Man's threefold Nature

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

I Thess. 5:23: Now may the God of peace sanctify you completely; and May your whole spirt, soul, and the body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The tabernacle reflects the threfold nature of man, body, soul, and spirit. The outer court represents the body. In this outer court, eveything is received by natural sunlight. It represents the carnal reasoning of a man. There are only 2 types of believers, those who are driven by reason and those who are driven by revelation. If one lives by reason alone, they will never walk in the supernatural presense of God and will never enjoy being a Christian.

The carnal mind's response to God is similar to Mose's response to God at the burning bush. When God said to Moses that he was being sent to Pharaoh to deliver the people, Moses basically said, Its impossible ( Ex. 3:11). the spiritual mind says, For with God nothing is impossible ( Luke 1:37). Never limit God by your intellect or your experience. God had to teach Moses to stop following his natural reasoning and step-by-step he began to walk in the supernatural. God asks you to do little things before He asks you to do big things. One must have to do little things that crucify carnal logic.

The Holy Place is the type of a soul. When you walk out of this outer court into the Holy Place, it's totally dark inside. The only source of revelation is the light from the lampstand. Jesus is the light of the world ( John 8:12). The only revelation one is going to receive is from Jesus Christ and His Word. When we read His Word and you get it in your heart, then the Holy Spirit can bring it to you and you'll know exactly what He wants you to know. That's what revelation is about. When we abide in the Word of God, He begins to share revelation truth with us about ourselves and our future.

May God bless, golfjack

golfjack said:
I Thess. 5:23: Now may the God of peace sanctify you completely; and May your whole spirt, soul, and the body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The tabernacle reflects the threfold nature of man, body, soul, and spirit. The outer court represents the body. In this outer court, eveything is received by natural sunlight. It represents the carnal reasoning of a man. There are only 2 types of believers, those who are driven by reason and those who are driven by revelation. If one lives by reason alone, they will never walk in the supernatural presense of God and will never enjoy being a Christian.

There is no reason to separate believers like this, nor is there a reason to have man's rationale thought opposed to revelation. Faith and reason should not contradict, as God is the Creator of both. Our minds should have a reason for our beliefs.

Regards

GolfJack,
Could you elaborate more? I think I might disagree with your statement above. Look here:

There are only 2 types of believers, those who are driven by reason and those who are driven by revelation. If one lives by reason alone, they will never walk in the supernatural presense of God and will never enjoy being a Christian

I'm not driven by either.. I'm driven by the LORD Jesus Christ and His Word alone. I enjoy my daily walk in the LORD. He has revealed Himself to me through reason of my own understanding.

But I could be mistaken about what your meaning of that statement. Could you please elaborate further for us? I just wanna make sure I understand you!!

Atonement, I said if one lives by reason alone. All I am saying is that many Christians have carnal minds to the point they can come up with false doctrines. Like, no trinity, it's Ok to do homosexual acts, no literal hell, and many other ungodly things. If my mind tries to figure out the things of God, I can get off the path sort of speak. This is why we need revelation knowledge. This is only accomplished by abiding in God's Word, and he shares things about ourselves and our future. We know in Proverbs, that we are not to lean in our own understanding. Head knowledge serves little information for us. One cannot be saved with head knowledge alone. And we as born again believers should deposit the Word of God in our spirits, to live a successful life as believers. Many are tossed to and fro with head knowledge. One example, Remember when Peter and the disciples were in a storm when Jesus was sleeping and then calmed the sea. You see, we must know this is the Word of God, and apply it in our daily lives. If this Word is in our spirits, it will automatically come to us by the revelation of the Spirit. I hope you understand. It's all about faith, and many do not understand faith and how it works.

May God bless, golfjack

What would you say is the distinction between soul and spirit, golfjack?

The Gospel of John says that which is born of the Spirit is spirit ( John 3:4, 6). The real man is spirit. The spirit operates through the soul ( man's intellect, emotions, and will). And the soul in turn operates through the physical body.

The problem wwith Catholic Thelogy is they have no understanding of this concept, which leads to many Biblical errors. It is our recreated spirits that are saved, and the rest is up to us. Paul challenges us to renew our minds, and put down our fleshly lusts. By hearing and by the Word of God. When I was a Catholic, I remember when they forbid us to study the Bible. We had to be ministered to by a priest, and other books. You see, that is your problem.

May God bless, golfjack

A good scripture to quote golfjack - but could have gone further I believe.

There are two births - the natural (of the flesh) and the spiritual (of the Spirit).

John speaks of both of these births and in doing so divides between the two. That which is born of the flesh is flesh AND that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Now since all flesh is born of the flesh, all flesh has a soul. The soul is of the flesh and will perish with the flesh. But since the spirit is born of the Spirit, it is the spirit that gives man eternal life and will therefore live eternally.

All are born of the flesh but not all are born of the Spirit.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
The Gospel of John says that which is born of the Spirit is spirit ( John 3:4, 6). The real man is spirit. The spirit operates through the soul ( man's intellect, emotions, and will). And the soul in turn operates through the physical body.

The problem wwith Catholic Thelogy is they have no understanding of this concept, which leads to many Biblical errors. It is our recreated spirits that are saved, and the rest is up to us. Paul challenges us to renew our minds, and put down our fleshly lusts. By hearing and by the Word of God. When I was a Catholic, I remember when they forbid us to study the Bible. We had to be ministered to by a priest, and other books. You see, that is your problem.
I said nothing of Catholic theology... the jab was unnecessary.

I was merely asking for your distinction between spirit and soul. Would you equate the terms soul and mind (since the intellect, emotions, and will are functions of the mind... or would you disagree?)?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back