Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The true gospel. No links in it.

After God gave me the Holy Spirit, I found proof that TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. I found out that in them there is stealing, adultery, fornication which is sex before marriage, revenge, jealousy, pride, using God's name in vain as a curse word, they are all idols (breaks 2nd Commandment) because most people can’t live without them and they love them more than God and more. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But if you are one of God’s elects and God gives you the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is the permanent cure to boredom but it is only given to God’s elects who suffer the most in this world since they were physically born. Ex: Me I have a learning disability, was bullied most of my life, never experienced love from family and friends, judged by my family in everything I did (Before I was saved and after I was saved), never fitted in-no matter how hard I tried (The reason is because I am one of God’s elects, which I didn’t know before I was saved), have been in depression, no purpose in life, no hope, have hit rock bottom in my life, been hated by the world for no reason since I was physically born (John 15:18-19) and much more.

Now I will be preaching about how to receive the Holy Spirit and be 100% going to Heaven.

First, it's only by the grace of God that he gives you faith in Jesus Christ in order to give up your sins. It’s only by the grace of God that he leads you to pray to him to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. When you pray to God to destroy all your evil desires of watching TV, Satan will intervene and extremely tempt you in watching the TV. But if it's God's will and if you are one of God’s elects, you will overcome it and God will destroy all your evil desires of watching TV. After God has destroyed all your evil desires of watching TV and if you are one of God’s elects, you receive the joy of the Holy Spirit for about 40 minutes. After the joy wears off, all existence of boredom no longer exists and you no longer burn out (psychology) anymore. That is when you have received the Holy Spirit.

Then it's by the grace of God that he forgives you of your sins, as you confess and repent of your sins throughout your life which is called sanctification. But you can watch Christian stuff that don't have sins (Like sermons) because that helps you grow more mature as a Christian spiritually.

Just so you know Jesus had to endure the punishment for God’s elects sins which is Hell-Hellfire, which is extreme love and mercy. Read the bottom of what Jesus had to endure in Hell.

Lazarus and the rich man Luke 16:19-31

Extreme Dehydration, rich man begs for a drop of water.

Luke 16:24

King James Version (KJV)

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

A place of outer darkness Matthew 8:12

A place of no rest Revelation 14:11

A place of blackness and darkness forever Jude 13

A place where people are tormented with fire and brimstone Revelation 14:10

Extreme pain since you are in everlasting fire.

If Jesus didn’t die on the cross and endure Hell which is the punishment for sin, God would still be just in sending us all to Hell because we are all guilty of our sins. Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins, except Christian stuff that don’t have sins like sermons. Just read the 10 commandments for a list. But God was willing to have some mercy, which we don’t deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. At least God was willing to have at least some mercy, better than no mercy at all.

Isaiah 1:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant (God’s elects), we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Romans 9:29

King James Version (KJV)

29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed (God’s elects), we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

If God didn’t chose anybody to be saved, God would still be just in sending us all to the lake of fire which we all deserve because we are all guilty of our sins. Be thankful that God was willing to have some undeserved mercy, which is better than no mercy at all.

It would help if someone can translate all of this into different languages like Spanish, Russian, French and more. Than I can spread the gospel on different social medias to people that speak these languages.

P.S don’t try to justify your sins or make excuses for your sins or find loopholes in the bible.

That’s about it.

If this is the way you feel God is leading you in your relation with him, that is fine and I admire you if you're truly able to live this way. It shows determination and dedication on your part. But you seem to be suggesting that this is the way every Christian must also live, especially when you end your statement with "don’t try to justify your sins or make excuses for your sins or find loopholes in the bible." Now if the sins you are talking about not making excuses for are the sins of making idols out of the many earthly things you mention such as watching TV, etc, you are absolutely correct in my opinion. Idolatry is clearly a sin according to scripture We are sinning when we make these kind of things more important than God, and anyone who can not do these things without letting them become idols for them would be wise to steer clear of them.

However I wonder how you feel about other scripture that you have not touched on, such as Romans 14? (The whole chapter) It is well accepted and believed that the examples given in Romans 14 are just that, examples, and it was not intended to only speak to food and holidays. In light of Romans 14, it seems that not all of us necessarily have to live within the restrictions that you describe in order to be living within God's will for us, but rather that this is a matter of your personal and individual relationship with God and how you feel He wants you to live at this time in your life.

You also stated "Remember TV, movies, video games and computer games are all sins". Please show us the scripture that says all of these are sins. I understand that some of these show content that would be sinful for a person to carry out in their real life, and therefore may be a good idea to not surround yourself with that content if that is a weakness, but you didn't say that. You said all of these things, in and of themselves are sins. Please explain this further from scripture. I'm not asking about being addicted to these things or making them into idols. I understand that would be sinful. But you have gone beyond saying idolatry is sinful, and stated these things in and of themselves are sins. Where in scripture did God tell us that?

Please also explain Romans 14 and how that scripture applies to what you have said we all need to do in order to have a proper relationship with God.

Thanks.

Romans 14 talks about people with different levels of faith. Some people think eating meat is acceptable towards God. Other people think a certain day is more sacred. The main idea is not to do something that would cause your brother to stumble. Because Christ died for him also. In doing something that another person believes is unfaithful, will destroy that brother or sister's faith.

Movies, T.V., and video games seems to be based on the world. These activities do not have as much practice in His kingdom. These activities are worldly because the main reason for these activities is to give us worldly entertainment and recreation. Movies, T.V., and video games do not point us closer to God. Unless a person's faith has been strongly rooted, a person would not see these things as hindrances or stumbling blocks because where the heart is, there his treasure will be also. When you reach a certain growth, you will have to choose between the world or his kingdom.

You say that this is the true Gospel. Here is a warning....

Gal.1 8-9 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Here is the Gospel...
1 Cor 15: 3-4 - For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

The moment you put your trust on Christ's finished work, you are saved. Nothing more, nothing less and you are sealed unto the day of redemption(Eph 4: 30).

This "elected to be saved" crap, is crap. The word is "elect", not "select". No one is "elected" to become a citizen of the United States. But one is elected for a service, such as, the President is "elected" to be the President.

Rom 1: 16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Salvation is through the power of the gospel, not "election".

Where in the world did you get the idea that Jesus suffered in hell?

Acts 2: 31 - He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

1 Peter 3: 18-19 - For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19. By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Christ suffered and died on the cross putting sin to death through the death of the flesh.
2 Cor 5: 21 - For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Well, I think Mr. Messenger Of God39 (which god is God39 anyway?) came here for one day, made about 4 obviously controversial statements where he added things saying they were God's word that were not (or at least he can't answer when asked where God's word says these things) and then he left, never to return. Seems like a troll to me.

Back