Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Theistic Evolution Is Not the Real Problem!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Means your position removes an answer Genesis gives. You are left with less understanding by rejecting the Genesis account of our origins and embracing TE.
I accept I don't know everything about the universe and understand that just accepting something (for me) doesn't mean I have the right answer. Every religion has a creation base and can say the same.

That is the basis of evolution. Populations change through death.
Birth. A population that does not constantly produce new individuals will go extinct. That is how evolution works. Every new individual produces a change in allele frequencies in the population.
Well, there are no known one for humans that aid in greater survival to procreate. All genetic mutations that are known are lethal or benign.
No, thast's wrong. The Milano mutation (protection from arterial disease) is just one example. The lactose gene evolved a few thousand years ago, to permit adults to use dairy products. Light skins (useful for surviving in northern Europe) evolved tens of thousands of years ago. Immunity to HIV is a recent mutation. Recently, the evolution of tetrachromat vision is another useful mutation. Would you like to hear about more?

hat is the poison of TE or evolution in general.
That would be pretty hard to do, given that many ancient Christians knew that the creation story was figurative, long before people knew about evolution.

No a world view is how one views the world.
Which is why scientific theories like evolution are not world views. They are merely descriptions of the way things work. This is why people of all faiths and even no faith at all, can understand evolutionary theory. It does not depend on a particular worldview.

The man who taught my first course in population genetics was a devout Christian and a member of his local chruch's board.

That is the basis of evolution. Populations change through death.
Sure, because everything with life dies. I know you are going to say you don't die in Christianity, but you have to die in this form to get to the after life. Organisms die.

Well, there are no known one for humans that aid in greater survival to procreate. All genetic mutations that are known are lethal or benign.
I guess you consider all variations on hight, muscle mass, skin color, hair color, eye color, disease resistance, etc to all be lethal then?

Yes, I know you do. That is the poison of TE or evolution in general. You will have less understanding of man and God as a result. Do you see the cross as a metaphor and a fable? I guess the flood is a fable too, right? Are the prophets a fable? What about Moses and the nation of Israel. Is that a fable too? Where does the fable end and reality begin?
Let's cut to the chase. I don't believe Christianity is correct. I think the Bible is the base for Christianity, but I don't accept it as fact. I think it's oral tradition, mixed with some history, that has a religous following. I don't set my world view around it.

No a world view is how one views the world. It is not such because of what other people think of it. I work in science and they are all evolutionists or believe in scientism and we have never discussed it. It is how they view the world.
You are proving my point exactly. Do these people you work with call themselv3s evolutionists, or do you call them that?

This is the point I'm making. You are projecting a lable onto them, you can make up whatever you want them to believe.

You have stated you work in science. What part of science do you work in?

Sure, because everything with life dies. I know you are going to say you don't die in Christianity, but you have to die in this form to get to the after life. Organisms die.
They were not created to die. And dying is not necessary for life. It came because of sin, not in order to have more kinds of life forms.
I guess you consider all variations on hight, muscle mass, skin color, hair color, eye color, disease resistance, etc to all be lethal then?
Uh, can you tell me the name of the genetic mutations that result in this. I have never heard of a natural mutation that rendered the offspring impervious to disease. This is breaking news. Do you have the research information to that. How does hair color, there still are only three which have been there since man was on earth, aid in survival? Do you have some scientific papers that state that above mentioned attributes are genetic mutations and how they aid in survival?
Let's cut to the chase. I don't believe Christianity is correct. I think the Bible is the base for Christianity, but I don't accept it as fact. I think it's oral tradition, mixed with some history, that has a religous following. I don't set my world view around it.
Well, you are a very honest man and I appreciate that. It is a rare quality.
You are proving my point exactly. Do these people you work with call themselv3s evolutionists, or do you call them that?
They call themselves that. What do you think their view is?
This is the point I'm making. You are projecting a lable onto them, you can make up whatever you want them to believe.
No, they call themselves that when it comes to the topic. I mean "evolutionist" is a lot shorter than "of course I believe the theory of natural selection in the competition of favored races." That is a mouthful.
You have stated you work in science. What part of science do you work in?
Neuroimmunology research and clinical work.

They were not created to die. And dying is not necessary for life. It came because of sin, not in order to have more kinds of life forms.
Sorry, a just God would not punish innocent animals to get even with a human disobeying Him. That's just someone's addition to scripture to make it more acceptable to them.

Uh, can you tell me the name of the genetic mutations that result in this. I have never heard of a natural mutation that rendered the offspring impervious to disease.
A current list of mutations associated with clinical resistance to HIV and the accompanying user notes, regularly revised and disseminated by the IAS–USA Drug Resistance Mutations Group, are epublished in Topics in Antiviral Medicine™. The figures are also available as downloadable PDF.

A recent mutation of hemoblobin (HbC ) provides very good protection against disability and death from malaria, without the deadly effects HbS has on homozygotes:

Gene protection for COVID-19 identified

A scientific and medical team led by Newcastle University, UK, has demonstrated that the gene, HLA-DRB1*04:01, is found three times as often in people who are asymptomatic. This suggests that people with this gene have some level of protection from severe Covid.
They call themselves that. What do you think their view is?
I've spent a lifetime in biology, and I don't think I've heard more then three biologists describe themselves as an evolutionist.

Neuroimmunology research and clinical work.

There is a discipline of neuroimmunology in science as well as in medicine. Have you seen the recent papers, showing that paraneoplasic syndrome can be used as a diagnostic indicator for undiscovered cancers?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back