Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

This Forum

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

we can all be glad we can post here. We may have our differences, but compared to some Christian forums, there is at least leniency here. There is a wide toleration for doctrine and language expression, within reason, of course. As far as I know, I am going strong here yet, and I was never issued a warning of any kind, and I post no differently than on other Christian forums. There's one other forum that I do not post as much on but I am in good standing there, too.

But I want to state two (not by name) that I was banned from---- one over a year ago, and one just recently.

The one over a year ago was a more liberal denomination that wanted the poster to post their real names. I guess that's so they know who to send a hit-man to get if they don't like anything contrary to the liberal doctrines of today. Nobody was confident enough to state their real name, and judging from a lot of them they were obviously phony. Well, I guess the administrator got wind that my first and last name was not real, and he pulled me, no warning. I told them that virtually ALL forums use handles and should change their rules accordingly. I know I "broke" the (unreasonale) rule, but I have to wonder if what I stated in my posts were the real reason behind it, and the name issue was an excuse. They had to know others were phony as well.

The more recent one was due to my "language" in a righter-than-right forum. I'm not like some stereotypical Christians or evangelists that go around grinning saying, "Gee-yod loves you." Instead, I use keyboard characters in place of so-called cussing. I had two warnings before they pulled me where I was humorously calling myself that same animal as in 2 Peter 2:16 (in the KJV) but I did use # and @'s. In the other instance where I was finally pulled, I was talking of all places in the health section where we were talking about antiperspirants. We were talking about blocking up one's waste, and I made a humorous remark about it being the same as a cork (you-know-where). None of my language concerns were directed at anyone. Well, this did not seat well with our ultra-super-right administrators and they changed the whole context of the post so that it would sound "Christian" (I hope they don't interpret the bible the same way).

I do try to watch my language, but let's face it, that's what the uppercase number symbols are used for, so that certain language ideas can get across nicely without actually saying it. I know I did it here many times already. What's a little scary, is they don't even want you to think it. Thought police???

Anyone else have such stories to tell? This should be interesting.

Tim
Check your PM as you have just been banned from this forum as well.....

Ah, just kidding.... :-D
I have tried a couple of other forums, but really this is the best one and frankly I don't have time for the others anyway...Well, I do occasionally post in a Formula 1 forum, but other than that, this is it for me...

What I find that is cool, is how well you can get to know folks through cyber world...

As far as peoples real names go, I for one am not trying to hide anything. Many folks who have been here for a while know my name, where I work, the city I live in etc...

OK--- I just hit the "ignore button" for you...... Just kidding. :-D

Back to the real name thing, I'll tell you one reason that the real name may be a problem----- one can do an Internet search. It may come up and anyone, including a prospective employer, can see and learn things about you. I find that a criminal background check is enough without getting to know what a person believes or says and base something like that on maybe what someone says at the heat of the moment.

As of this date, nothing significant comes up with my name in a search engine. I want to try to keep it that way.

tim_from_pa said:
OK--- I just hit the "ignore button" for you...... Just kidding. :-D

Back to the real name thing, I'll tell you one reason that the real name may be a problem----- one can do an Internet search. It may come up and anyone, including a prospective employer, can see and learn things about you. I find that a criminal background check is enough without getting to know what a person believes or says and base something like that on maybe what someone says at the heat of the moment.

As of this date, nothing significant comes up with my name in a search engine. I want to try to keep it that way.

Hmmm, you bring up some really good points...I need to be more careful..
I had not thought about what criminals can do with simply your name. Identity theft and so forth....

Hmmm, you bring up some really good points...I need to be more careful..
I had not thought about what criminals can do with simply your name. Identity theft and so forth....

Yes, and apparently the Christian forum that refused handles did not think of this either. I realize I broke that rule when I joined, but they were of my (former) denomination and I wanted to discuss some issues. The admin yanked me out right in the middle of some conversations. They should get up with the times if they want to provide forum service like that.

Another thing I learned, even with handles, if that is used in conjunction with one's own web site (like I have), then a person can do a search using that as well and find out info. Consequently, I no longer use an older handle of mine because a web search led me right to my web site and the owner can easily be identified once that happens. So, now, I'm "tim_from_pa" ---- My first name and state location only. Lots of Tims here I'm sure and it's personal and honest enough that it's my real name without giving too much away.

Back