Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Three since Thanksgiving

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Atonement

Tonight, I went to WalGreens to develop some film from Halloween and Thanksgiving. As I left the house, I smelled smoke, but thought it was someone burning there fireplace, I got into my car and I turned the corner and right in front of me was a house engulfed in flames. The firemen must have just arrived because I saw nothing going on as far as putting the fire out. I jumped out my truck, and walked as close as I could to the house. All the neighbors were outside. All I could do, or thank to do was bow my head, close my eyes and pray. As they started putting out the flames, the owners of the house just arrived, I guess they were not home (Great thing), but they started screaming in panic as they got out there car about there pets inside. The firemen and policemen back everyone up. The news van showed up, Channel 4 our local NBC station. I stayed and watched as long as I could talking with the neighbors etc. Tonight I turned to watch the local news. The fire was started by a christmas tree. Sad to say the family not only lost there house, it was total lose (the house), they also lost three cats and a rotweiler (check spelling). NBC reported that this was the 3rd fire set by Christmas trees since Thankgiving.
It's sad to see someone's house go up in flames like this, my heart was touched because this family lost everything right in the middle of the Holiday season. I'm not the only one, many of the women neighbors had tears in their eyes as they looked on. NBC reported that this time of year there are more house fires from Thanksgiving through New Years, then any other time during the year. I seen this on the news every year, but never have I seen a fire so close to my own home, it never was more real as it was tonight. I pray to God how thankful I am, because tonight I started thinking, it's times like this, you feel grateful for what you have.

In case your asking yourself, I did make it to WalGreens.. Thought I would end on a light note. :smt086

My prayers are with this family. I know what it's like to lose a home from a fire. when I was two years old I remember running out of the closet where my sister struck a match to see my moms pretty petticoats.

The whole house burnt down and I remember standing outside of the house, all kinds of people standing around and I saw my mom standing there with band aids wrapped on both of her arms and hands up in bandages. That's all I remember seeing during that incident. But I clearly remember the pain of how sad it was to see my mom wrapped up in bandages. They didn't take her to the hospital, they just wrapped her arms up. I guess they treated her in the ambulance. I suppose that's how they did it in the 50's. She must have just been blistered from trying to dowse the fire herself. We lost our home, my mom and four children were without a home. The red cross stepped in and helped my mom get back on track. If it weren't for the red cross, we wouldn't have had any place to sleep. That is one of my earliest childhood memories. So sad. Thank God no one was seriously hurt.

Atonement, I pray God Bless that family. I pray they recover quickly.

I never seen anything like this. Like I said, I've seen it on television many many times, but its not like being there. If 9/11 was as bad as it was on television, I could'nt imagine how horrible it would have been in person. I felt helpless for this family. But I strongly believe in prayers, and I believe God will pull this family through. Now I'm hoping they had home owners insurance?

Some relation of mine just recently bought a 400,000 house and it burn last week because of christmas decorations.

Hi Atonement,
I think God is tugging at your heart for a reason. Why not track the family down and see if you can be of some assistance? It would be nice if the community could pitch in and help.
If you can track them down, I'd donate to the cause.

God Bless,
Jeff

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back