Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

to bless you

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I PRAISE the LORD that the HOLY SPIRIT edits my prayers.

When I was 12 I came to JESUS and HE saved me. A couple of years later at a summer camp I felt compelled to ask HIM to do whatever was necessary to make me all HE wanted me to be. Just months later, though I was an A student, I began having trouble understanding in my classes. It was discovered that I had a severe hearing loss and that is was getting worse. So, from age 15 on I was considered profoundly hearing impaired. Mockery and put downs that naturally resulted from my misunderstanding led me to isolate to a great degree other than church and women’s Bible study.

I spent much time with GOD in HIS word through those years when my kids were at school. Meanwhile at 35 I got my 1st hearing aids but I still missed a lot while conversing. Yet, the LORD who loves to use foolish things (1 Corinthians 1:27) enabled me participate in women’s Bible studies and even teach hearing children and work as a counselor of kids at a Christian camp and go on 3 prayer journeys overseas.

I praise the LORD for my hearing loss for I really believe my relationship with the LORD and understanding of HIS word that has taught me to trust HIM came from HIS taking away my hearing. A couple years back I got a Cochlear implant so I hear so much more today. But I would never trade those years alone with GOD.

After seeing GOD work in many situations in my life, in the lives of many in my family and friends, and throughout one Bible episode after another where what I would consider terrible situations the LORD used to do something REMARKABLY good. Just one example is the Crucifixion of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, without which we could not be saved. Therefore, I have come to realize that the LORD with HIS great wisdom and foreknowledge of all things sees things vastly different than I do.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7).

MY thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. And MY ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so MY ways are higher than your ways and MY thoughts higher than your thoughts (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Therefore, I have learned how limited I am in knowing what is best so consult the LORD even in how I should pray rather than go with my own ideas. In this I obey HIS word.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek HIS will in (talk over with HIM) ALL you do (even prayer), and HE will show you which path to take. Do not be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn away from evil. (Proverbs 3:5-7 NLT)

After talking with the LORD, sometimes I am given a go ahead, a word, direction or a verse that shows me how to pray. Other times there is a definite DO NOT pray that way, and still other times I get nothing, nothing at all even though I have asked.

It is at those times I most rejoice in the ONE who edits my prayers.

…the SPIRIT helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the SPIRIT HIMSELF intercedes for us with groanings that cannot be uttered (Romans 8:26).

We can make our own plans
(according to what we think is right), but the Lord gives the right answer (Proverbs 16:1 NLT).

So

Commit your actions
(including prayers) to the Lord, and your plans (prayers) will succeed (Proverbs 16:3 NLT).

And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE hears us: And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM (1 John 5:14-15)

Hugs

Sharon

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back