Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Two Types of “Men†in the Bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
O

ourfamily1

Two Types of “Men†in the Bible

What you need to SEE is that the Spirit calls devils a sub-name according to what they possess and use:

A. Satan is called a “Serpent†for possessing and using a visible snake to deceive Adam and Eve, Isaiah 27:1 and Revelation 12:9.

B. Devils are called “the Beast†for possession and use of animals as a “seat†to break their curse of falling in endless circles through the earth-environment for the “bottomless pit effectâ€Â, Revelation 13:1-7.

C. Devils are called “the Dragon†for their competing “heads†to lead and mislead men. In single individuals this is manifested in what psychologists call “multiple personality disorderâ€Â, Revelation 12:3, 9, 17.

D. Evil spirits are called “the man of sin†for possessing and using human beings to deceive and control other human beings, Matthew 12:43-45, Jude 1:6, 12, 15.

Because devils can and do address us through the mouths of men, we are advised not to put our trust in men, not even “the saintsâ€Â, Revelation 13:7, Habakkuk 1:4.

E. Matthew 16:21. From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. 22. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of
men.

F. Luke 9:51. And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, 52. And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 54. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55. But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

G. Revelation 13:11. And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

H. 2 Corinthians 11:13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. 14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers (demons speaking through them) also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

It is because of these considerations, namely, “the false prophetâ€Â, “son of perditionâ€Â, “man of sinâ€Â, the real “sinnersâ€Â, and the term “ungodly†are ALL REFERENCES FOR DEVILS who possess and control humans …. YOU need to rethink your perception of what the Spirit refers to when speaking relative pronouns, “theseâ€Â, “those†and “they†with regard to “men†who sin and are damned.

There are “TWO types of men†in one body!

In death “the one (man [son of] God) shall be taken and the other (evil spirits [tares of the devil]) shall be leftâ€Â. Each human being therefore represents ONE (WHEAT) BUNDLE, one wheat seed (“good seedâ€Â, son or daughter of God) and several “tares†up to a legion of devils.

Matthew 13: 24. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28. He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29. But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Luke 17:33. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. 34. I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left. 35. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 36. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 37. And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Where are the spirits of men (“good seedâ€Â) taken in death; what “barnâ€Â?

Hosea 13:14. I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

John 17:24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ecclesiastes 12:7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Revelation 5:9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. 11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; 12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, honour, and glory, and blessing. 13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

You need to RE-THINK your doctrine and rightly divide the Word regarding TWO TYPES OF MEN!!

Malachi 3:6. For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob [sons of God] (now understood to be all human beings) are not consumed. 17. And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him. 18. Then shall ye return, and discn between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

When I write, I MAKE A DIFFERENCE between the “man of God†(good seed) and the “tare- man of sin†(evil seed-demons). When you do that, you will then be able to UNDERSTAND the GOOD NEWS!!

John,
GOOD NEWS, Inc. ;-) :biggrin

ourfamily1 said:
C. Devils are called “the Dragon†for their competing “heads†to lead and mislead men. In single individuals this is manifested in what psychologists call “multiple personality disorderâ€Â, Revelation 12:3, 9, 17.
John,
GOOD NEWS, Inc. ;-) :biggrin

Lots of interesting stuff here John. Some of makes sense on the surface, and some of it will indeed need to be re-thought.

What you are referring to, I believe , would better be called schizophrenia. That is a result of a person becoming demon possessed. :infinity:

It can be difficult to tell the difference between the two, but the causes are as different as night and day. The MPD person is one person that has been fractured. The Schizophrenic person, may also have a dissociative disorder, but there is more than just 'that person' inside.

I have to correct the point above though.
Multiple personality disorders are often caused when something has such a traumatic impact on a person that they literally 'snap' The person is unable to deal with the trauma, and the event is dissociated from memory. In other words, The person can not remember the event. This is more common than most realize, and the majority of people who have dissociated, are totally unaware of it, until at some point in time the 'main' personality becomes strong enough that the memory can come back.

When the dissociated part of the memory stays 'out' it begins to develop into an alternate personality. Alternate personalities can be caused by many other things as well. Someone practicing witchcraft on the person causing them to dissociate; certain types of drugs; etc. :scatter:

A Schizophrenic person needs to have things cast out. An MPD person needs to have alters integrated. (Put back together)

Interesting observations however I do not subscribe wholesale to the "spirit takeover" theory. Ceratinly demon possession can occur in certain extreme cases, but there was a difference between Peter giving heed to the spirit of Satan (heeding his lies and deceptions - hinderances) and Peter actually being controlled by a demon or Satan.

Largely the issue is which way you allow your heart to lean in any circumstance. A child of God can heed Satan's lies on occasion if they allow themselves to be decieved (like Peter) however Satan does not become their source identity or a controling factor in their lives by simply tripping up and giving heed to him.

Man makes his own choices, but can evetually (under certain extreme circumstances) give over almost complete control to Satan (by demon possession) but let's not get dualistic by defining man by external spiritual entities which he may give heed to from time to time.

God Bless,

~Josh

cybershark5886 said:
...Peter giving heed to the spirit of Satan (heeding his lies and deceptions - hinderances) and Peter actually being controlled by a demon or Satan....
God Bless,

~Josh

Umhum. Demonic activity in the life of someone who is not saved is dramaticly different from that in the life of a saved person.

Umhum. Demonic activity in the life of someone who is not saved is dramaticly different from that in the life of a saved person.

That was my point. But I was also showing how since Peter was a believer that we was not totaly demon posessed like some of the unbelievers. But believers are not unsuceptable to Satan, thus the exhortaions in the epistles to look out for Satan who disguises himself as an angel of light, and to look out for Satan who is as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

God Bless,

~Josh

What is your take on the following? ….

What is your take on the following? ….

Daniel 8:9. And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land. 10. And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them. 11. Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down. 12. And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered. 13. Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Revelation 13:5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Romans 8:18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Hebrews 2:14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; 15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Since the human body is the “temple of Godâ€Â, the text in Daniel has a larger meaning than actions of ancient nations. It is a real allegory about each human being as The Revelation text points out explicitly.

It is our Father-Teacher who subjected all the children to the vanity of devils as The Romans text explains, and for humanity this is “all our lifetimeâ€Â. Salvation-redemtion comes at this point!

John 5:21. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 25. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 28. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Hosea 13:14. I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Revelation 5:9. And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10. And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

And how does Heaven react to this SALVATION by the Father-Son Saviors?

Luke 15:20. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

John,
ourfamily1 :wink: :biggrin

What is your point with those verses? Tell me, do you subscribe to the "Christus Victor" theory of salvation? If you don't know what it is then look it up on google. Basically though it states Jesus' place in salvation history is rooted solely on the defeat of the enemy spiritual forces (Satan and his Demons). A cursory look on google though will give a more acceptable definition.

It is a heretical (or atleast inadequate) doctrine at best because it leaves no room for man in the picture, or his sin. It makes sin equivalent with bondage to Satan, which is clearly not true since belivers can sin.

God Bless,

~Josh

I never heard of it ....

However, I am not posting to debate someone else's ideology. Jesus is father's "pattern son" who shows us "the way we go". We all have a cross to bear and a crown of thorns to wear. And we all must "follow Jesus". Of Jesus christ many people think many things. Muslims at leat respect Jesus as a prophet, something the orthodox Jews are loathe to do.

John,
GOOD NEWS, Inc. :wink: :biggrin

ourfamily1
UR is lie from the pit of Hell and I know this is where you are heading with this...UR is against the TOS of this site....Consider this a formal warning..Three strikes and your out of here....

I don't know ANYTHING about UR.

There are those that will DENY the POWER of Satan to influence EVEN the VERY elect. Even when warned MANY will NOT heed the warnings.

Jesus CAST seven DEMONS from Mary. SEVEN. Indicating NOT that He cast A demon from Mary 'seven times', but that there were SEVEN separate demons cast out at once. SEVEN.

Question; Do you 'believe' that Mary was SPECIAL concerning 'demons'. That she was EXCEPTIONALLY EVIL? A prostitute, no doubt, but we have little indication that she was ANY MORE, or ANY LESS evil than those of the community in which she dwelt.

Was she ANY MORE evil than those that PAYED for her services?

The point here is that; IF Mary was infected with the like of SEVEN demons and she was NO MORE evil than those around her, is it NOT likely that those around her were 'infected' by demons as well. Some with MORE and some with LESS perhaps, but was SHE an exception or just 'another demon infected person'?

Satan was given DOMINION over this planet. MANY, even those that 'claim' an understanding and to BE 'Christians' will DENY this. But the scriptures DO NOT LIE.

Demons ARE real and are NOTHING new. And if ANYTHING, through the ignorance of those that 'deny', and time, most LIKELY have gained a more PERMANENT foothold on the churches and their members than at ANYTIME previous.

MEC

Question; Do you 'believe' that Mary was SPECIAL concerning 'demons'. That she was EXCEPTIONALLY EVIL? A prostitute, no doubt, but we have little indication that she was ANY MORE, or ANY LESS evil than those of the community in which she dwelt.
MEC, how do you know Mary was a prostitute?

Vic,
I think it comes from confusing the woman named Mary (of Bethany) in Luke 7:37-38 and John 11:1-2 as the Mary (of Nazareth) who bore Jesus.
I don't think there's anything in scripture that makes the two one and the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene
Mary Magdalene is often referred to as a prostitute, but she was never called one in the New Testament. Rice University Department of Religion Chair Jeffrey Kripal wrote, "Migdal was a fishing town known, or so the legend goes, for its perhaps punning connection to hairdressers (medgaddlela) and women of questionable reputation. This is as close as we get to any clear evidence that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute" (Kripal 2007, p. 52).

According to Kripal, the identification of Mary Magdalene as a prostitute came from Pope Gregory the Great (Kripal 2007, p. 52).

In his 591 sermon, Gregory actually conflates the various Marys of the New Testament with the "sinful woman" who annoints Jesus and the unnamed woman taken in adultery. Pope Gregory did not call her a "prostitute," but used her as a model of the Christian, as a repentant sinner[citation needed].

The image of Mary as a prostitute seems to have arisen sometime after this[citation needed], and was made famous by artwork and continues to inspire the imagination of filmmakers.

Oh, and not long ago was the story of Jesus's tomb being found with an ossuary supposedly with her name on it. That was in Jerusalam.

Mary moved a lot.
:lol:

While Scripture never actually calls Mary a prostitute, it is implied in verses like this.

Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw [it], he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman [this is] that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

Luke 7 does not tell us that this is Mary. We know that from John 11.

Jhn 11:2 (It was [that] Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

Gabbylittleangel said:
While Scripture never actually calls Mary a prostitute, it is implied in verses like this.

Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw [it], he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman [this is] that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.

Luke 7 does not tell us that this is Mary. We know that from John 11.

Jhn 11:2 (It was [that] Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
Are you suggesting this Mary is Mary of Magdala? John 11:2 tells us who this Mary is and it's not Mary of Magdala. See Luke 10:38 and John 11:1. Mary of Magdala is always referred to as Mary Magdalene. There is one instance where she is referred to as Mary called Magdalene.

Mary Magdalene had no sister named Martha or a brother named Lazarus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back