Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Unrepentant Adulterers

I would say that they will continue to live a life that disregards others.

Now, what if that person feels awful for doing such an act, and vows in his heart to never do that again? If that person sticks to that vow, they are better for it.

Now, what if that person feels awful for doing such an act, and vows in his heart to never do that again? If that person sticks to that vow, they are better for it.

;) Then he would be a repented adulterer and will be forgiven. (Though it's best not to vow, just don't do it anymore!)

Unrepentant adulterers will not see heaven.

It might be wise to let God be the judge here ...not you. Did Jesus tell/ask the woman caught in adultery to repent before He sent her on her way? I don't recall that He did.

What happens to unrepentant adulterers?

The perish - Just like any other "unrepentant humans". Case closed -

Next question??

What happens to unrepentant adulterers?

The perish - Just like any other "unrepentant humans". Case closed -

Next question??

The next question is ...how about unrepentant shellfish eaters?

Another question as long as you're in the 'answering' mode ...can one repeatedly repent of the same sin or are they required to give up each sin each time they repent of that particular sin? If that be the case, one would eventually run out of sins to repent of, would they not? By then, I guess, they would be perfect and have no need for Jesus.

Are you familiar with the Scriptures?

Absolutely. :)

I know that, since God never changes, that what was an abomination yesterday must also be an abomination today. Of course, I also know that many of the OT scriptures were intended for specific people. Just as long as we don't select our own 'abominations' to suit our own prejudices that's fine with me (wink).

I know that, since God never changes, that what was an abomination yesterday must also be an abomination today. Of course, I also know that many of the OT scriptures were intended for specific people. Just as long as we don't select our own 'abominations' to suit our own prejudices that's fine with me (wink).
Be careful to not apply Scriptures to us which were not meant to be applied directly to us.

You know the Scriptures, good.

Matthew 5:17
New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

Galatians 3:10
New Living Translation (©2007)
But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, "Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God's Book of the Law."

Which scripture is not directed towards the christian?

All scripture is for us. The problem is that many misconstrue it.

2 Timothy 3:16 NLT
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

Which scripture is not directed towards the christian?

Those that interfere with our personal prejudices.

Jesus summed up the Law and the Prophets within two commands pertaining to 'love'. Many Christians - especially those on forums - haven't yet come to grips with the simplicity of the Gospel.

Those that interfere with our personal prejudices.

Jesus summed up the Law and the Prophets within two commands pertaining to 'love'. Many Christians - especially those on forums - haven't yet come to grips with the simplicity of the Gospel.
And some don't understand it at all. :grumpy

Back