Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
US ready to strike Iran on Good Friday'

The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps "from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6," according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

http://www.demaz.org/cgi-bin/e-cms/vis/ ... =001158&g=

The American military are going to strike on Iran on April 6, 4 a.m. by local time. The web-site Debka closed to the Israelian special services referring to the sources in the Russian Intelligence Service stated about that.
The operation’s code name is “Biteâ€Â, which is due to last over 12 hours. For this time massive air missile bomb strokes will be fire on Iran’s nuclear sites.
The ground attack is not planned. The purpose of all operation is to throw back the Nuclear Programme of the Iranian Islamic Republic, which is suspected of creating atomic bomb, several years ago, NEWSru.com informs.
Now on Iranian Persian frontier naval exercises, in which 10000 U.S. soldiers and about 100 war planes of the U.S. Naval Forces V-navy are involved, are on progress. That is the first-rate naval exercises since the 2003 attack on Iraq. Altogether 45 NATO ships, 15 of which belongs to coalition forces, and the rest – U.S. are in the region, the spokesman of V-navy Charlie Brown informed on March 21. Since ever the coalition navy is reinforced with one more aircraft-carrier group
at the minimum: last Friday a French aircraft-carrier “Charles de Gaulleâ€Â, which aircrafts will back NATO forces in Afghanistan entered to the Arabian Sea.
On Thursday RIA “Novosti†referring to the source in Russian force structures informed that under data of Russian war intelligence, the U.S. armed forces actually completed the military training for possible war operation against Iran.
The well-sources say that the U.S. determined a list of possible goals in territory of Iran and developed operation plan during maneuvers. According to the sources, the U.S. Command will be ready for attack in the first half of April, but the U.S. political leadership should decide concerning the commencement of military operation, NEWSru.com informs.
Debka reports that first, the maneuvers is the demonstration of the Bush Administration’s power in order not to allow Iran to block Strait of Hormuz between the Arabian Peninsula and Asia, through which Persian oil is exported. Second, Iran is given the signal to stop nuclear explorations. There is no doubt that Iran will ignore it: before Iran’s highest leadership openly refused to follow the UN Security Council’s Resolutions with this requirement, considering that it violates Iran’s right to the peace atom bomb.
The well-sources do not exclude that in case of possible war operation, after missile stroke and assessment of Iran’s armed forces’ loss, and also analysis of public-political situation in the country after attack, the Pentagon will take a decision on the beginning of ground operation.
In conclusion, official Washington denies the information concerning the preparing of war stroke on Iran. Early the U.S. military as well as political leadership repeatedly spoke on this subject.

The "World Police" at it again, huh? I'm not sure of the validity of this report... sometimes, I am so embarrased to be an American.

Our lord will be stepping in real soon.

I'm never embarassed to be an American.

If it wasn't for my country, and the strong Christians in it,
most of the world would be quite bad off.

God bless America.
Land that I love!
I love America because it was founded on Christianity.
It's not now, thanks to the perverts and communist/liberal/democrats
who do nothing but try their hardest to tear down the most beautiful
country on the earth!
Don't ever be ashamed to be an American.

OMT: what do you mean by world police?

Biblereader said:
I'm never embarassed to be an American.

OMT: what do you mean by world police?

World Police = Bush Administration. The need to shove democracy in everyone's face, even those who will never have a democracy in their country, he is still trying to push it.

Yes, this country was built on God and Christianity. They key word here is WAS. If that were still the case, we would be able to say prayer in school, we would be able to say Merry Christmas, Christ, Lord, God, etc., in public and on TV, we wouldn't see our lord's name replaced with gays, violence, drugs, sexual promiscuity, the list goes on and on and on. Do you realize it is more moral in this society to promote the latter than it is to promote the Lord? Do you also realize that those who have a problem with our Lord have absolutely NO problem earning and spending our money, "In God We Trust"?

That is what makes me embarrassed to be an American sometimes. I didn't say all the time, but every day that goes by, there's a new reason for me to bow my head in shame.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just answering the poster's questions.

World police = Bush Administration and heck, even those before him. They expect all these Muslim nations to become a democracy when it isn't even in their nature to be that. Let those countries be and worry about our own. We have our own people starving, homeless, victims of violence, look at the Katrina victims. We need to stop trying to police the world and fix our own mess-ups.

Well, with all your angst and concern over the state of the US, I'm sure you
pray unceasingly about this.
Do you pray for Bush?
I do, sometimes.
Do you try to fight against the powers and principalities, the devils, who are
in the high offices of each country?
Wearing the full armor of God, and arming yourself each day by reading the Holy Bible?

Jesus said before He returns, the world will be a vicious place.
People will think they are doing a good deed for God by killing Christians.

Are you ready for that?

You know what really galls me? How people spend more time with the tv, or their sports, etc., than with Jesus.
Then, they are surprised when they trip and fall.
Our country is being bullied from within, by anti-Christians.
What do you think?

And, I don't mind that this thread is hijacked. Makes for interesting exchange of ideas.

ZaksDarlin said:
We have our own people starving, homeless, victims of violence, look at the Katrina victims. We need to stop trying to police the world and fix our own mess-ups.

That's what puzzles me. Why don't the powers that be fix our poverty, our
homeless, our low income families?

The US gave most of the world the education to do great things, but, I see that many who were educated in our finest universities, use their knowledge now to tear up the US.

You know what I think? I think money is the reason why the powers that be won't try to fix things. They would have to spend it and get nothing in return in order to help those who need it most in America. Instead, they are over in the muslim nations tearing up their world all for the sake of oil - money - greed. There's no money to be made by helping others anywhere who need it!

And if it isn't being spent for the sake of oil, they would spend millions of dollars finding out how an ashtray breaks rather than building soemthing that could house our homeless.

That is my opinion.

ZaksDarlin said:
... for the sake of oil ...

...for the sake of oil ...

And when people don't get their oil they complain it's the government's fault for not getting it. Or they fault the government for not releasing the oil to the public to raise prices. Or anything else anyone can think of to blame the government for not providing the oil you need in the first place to continue the standard of living you take for granted.

Face it. This country's economy is based on oil. Period. No oil, no economy. ALL things rely on oil. Without oil most plastics can't be made, many pharmaceuticals can't be manufactured just to mention only a couple of a varied amount of things we take for granted made from oil and it's byproducts. Then there's transportation of any and all goods from safety pins to cars that rely on oil for shipping. Coal relies on oil to produce the energy to mine it, transport it. Electrical transmission relies on oil for service trucks to maintain the power grid's infrastructure and the lubricants needed to generate it. You name it, it relies on oil.
This country would become a chaotic mess without oil.

You don't get your oil you won't be able to sit in front of that keyboard complaining about it. Without oil the country's economy would collapse including your own, within a matter of days, not years. No job, no way to get there anyway, no food in the stores and no electricity or even natural gas for that matter. We would truly know what poverty is. Do you really believe you don't rely on oil for your very existence? You rely on the government to get it any way it can so you can live the way you want. Yes, all for the sake of oil, all for the sake of your standard of living.

hahaha! There are SO many other ways to live instead of polluting the environment everyday with OIL. OIL is washed up and should be banned. Corn oil is a better way, healthier way to live, for the people and the environment. Without oil, the world would be a better place.

Oil is not the answer to life! Has anyone else before us relied on OIL to live? No. For thousands of years before us, oil wasn't even a factor.

:roll:

Zaks, we are part of the environment. If we simply 'live' we affect it.

Now I think its a good thing to try to get rid of smog, bad water and that sort of stuff. But we can't simply do away with oil, unless you are willing to live like a caveman again. Think of all the plastic products you use; the computer you are looking at, clothes, food containers, electronics, medical stuff,etc, etc are all made from petroleum derivatives. We depend on oil for transporting food to us.

That said, it actually takes more energy from fossil fuels to make ethanol, than the energy ethanol provides. So ethanol is really a useless technology as of now. We need a better way to produce it. And even if we do find a good way to make ethanol it will produce more smog-causing pollutants than the gasoline we use now. It will also increase releases of nitrogen, phosphorous and pesticides into waterways from the fields.

What did people use before oil? Coal and wood. And we expelled much more carbon into the atmosphere than we do now. We don't want to go back to that.

Personally, I think our culture worries way too much about the enviroment. I think we should be thinking about people, and concentrating on spreading the Good News! The eternal consequences of our souls are much more important.

I'll believe it when I see it. I also don't think it would be announced. Why would you tell someone what day they're going to get bombed?
:-?

I'm so sick of the word "war". Sick of it. I just try to get through each day and pray for Jesus to come back and take my family away from this evil world.

I'm so sick of the word "war". Sick of it. I just try to get through each day and pray for Jesus to come back and take my family away from this evil world.

Hey, how about those who are not yet Christians! Do you want them to go to hell?[/quote]

Will they or won't they? Maybe in April...?

UPDATE ON WAR PLANS:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/osborne040207.htm

announcing a US attack to occur within a 12-hour period next Friday (Good Friday) on targets within Iran.

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish ... 1326.shtml

told reporters during a press briefing, "We reject any notion that suggests that we are ratcheting up the language in terms of trying to prepare to go to war with Iran. That is certainly not the case."

Last week, Perino said the Bush administration is not trying to escalate the already tense situation in Iran and said the naval exercises in the Gulf had been planned by the Pentagon long before.

The USS Nimitz and its support ships will the leave the U.S. next Monday to join the aircraft carrier strike group already deployed in the region for a naval war game.

The nuclear-powered carrier will join the John C. Stennis Strike Group and relieve carrier Dwight D. Eisenhower, according to a news release from the Pentagon.

The Pentagon insists the two aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf were aimed at demonstrating the country's "resolve to build regional security and bring long-term stability to the region."

Hey, has anyone here seen "The Good Sheppard"?
I thought it was pretty good, but, far fetched.

Nikki said:
I'll believe it when I see it. I also don't think it would be announced. Why would you tell someone what day they're going to get bombed?
:-?

It could be some kind of disinformation.
You know, to manipulate the general public,which would be
me and you.

Hey, how about those who are not yet Christians! Do you want them to go to hell?

I don't want anyone to go to hell. Those that aren't yet Christians need to open their hearts and accept Christ. There will never be a day that everyone will be Christians. You hear the word and it's up to YOU to make that decision. I can try to convince someone until I'm blue in the face....doesn't mean that they'll accept though. Myself and my family members have all been saved and we're ready to go when he comes back. I'm not going to lie....I'm ready for him to come back NOW.

Biblereader said:
There will never be a day that everyone will be Christians.

True. But we should never stop witnessing.

I never said I stopped witnessing. There WILL come a day though that our Lord will come back and I personally hope it's sooner rather than later. I want to be away from so much hatred and evil and I know that that won't happen until we go with Christ to heaven.

The closer one gets to Jesus, the more their eyes are opened.
The more their hearts are grieved.
Right?

You get so angry at the way the devil, and the flesh, and the world, are
ruining people's hearts and minds, don't you?

Biblereader said:
The closer one gets to Jesus, the more their eyes are opened.
The more their hearts are grieved.
Right?

You get so angry at the way the devil, and the flesh, and the world, are
ruining people's hearts and minds, don't you?

The closer I get to Jesus, the more I want to be with him and the afterlife that he promised me where there is no more sin and evil. Is that so wrong? :-?

Back