Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"Wars and rumors of wars" Mt. 24:6

Alfred Persson

Free Will Reformed Baptist
2024 Supporter
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. (Matt. 24:6 NKJ)

All prophecy has Israel as the center, the hub of the wheel. That elegant truth has been missed by Bible expositors who believed WWI or WWII or other wars, were a sign it was the "end time".

When Christ said "YOU" will hear of wars, He was speaking to Israelites, not people in NY.

Therefore, I believe the wars and rumors of wars involving Israel now happening, are a "sign" we (unlike other generations) may be in the end time.

I wonder if Christ's words "see that you are not troubled" directly imply Iran and allies will definitely fail? The brilliant success the IDF has had against them so far has been spectacular. It does appear "God is with Israel".

Last edited:
"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. (Matt. 24:6 NKJ)

All prophecy has Israel as the center, the hub of the wheel. That elegant truth has been missed by Bible expositors who believed WWI or WWII or other wars, were a sign it was the "end time".

When Christ said "YOU" will hear of wars, He was speaking to Israelites, not people in NY.

Therefore, I believe the wars and rumors of wars involving Israel now happening, are a "sign" we (unlike other generations) may be in the end time.

I wonder if Christ's words "see that you are not troubled" directly imply Iran and allies will definitely fail? The brilliant success the IDF has had against them so far has been spectacular. It does appear "God is with Israel".
I certainly don't mean to offend you, but there are different views on the Olivet Discourse. I've been called a Preterist, but am not, though I take a Preterist-like position.

Like the Early Church Fathers I view the Olivet Discourse as a warning Jesus gave his Disciples about their own generation and about the future of Israel after the Roman invasion in 70 AD. The wars and rumors of wars had to do with the time period Jesus was living in, as certain Israeli factions planned rebellion against Roman rule, and as Rome was heard putting down revolts in various places.

These wars would present Israel with a warning of judgment against their own people for the many sins they were guilty of. And ultimately, Israel was judged via the Roman army in 70 AD and following.

Following the judgment of 70 AD the Jews would be thrown into an age-long Diaspora until the Return of Christ. It may be that we may see a repeat in our own day of the early generation of Christians in Jesus' time. We may see an increase of wars and rumors of wars, foretelling the coming of Armageddon.

This time, however, instead of a divine judgment against Israel we may witness God's judgment against the world, who has been given testimony of Christianity. Christian Civilization is going the way of ancient Israel in their backsliding and apostasy. We should, I think, be made aware of this, whether you agree with my particular position or not?

Back