Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Watches vs Cell Phones

Hi Tim,

Easy choice for me, my cell phone. I like the convenience of time, phone, calendar, capability of note taking and GPS.

Apples and oranges???

Watches have a function, and submit a bit of fashion; cell phones have a function, and serve as a distraction. :) ...little rhyming there.

anyway, cell phones update on gps data I believe, and unless you get a fancy dancy watch, it will run off a battery or mechanical functions. Watches are generally smaller, phones are generally bigger. Both have pros and cons.

:shrug :confused not sure exactly what you're after though.

My last watch purchase was a heartrate monitor also for when I exercise. :)

Watches....cannot text on them. Cellphones are just too much of a hazard anymore. You would not believe how many people are on the things driving when legally they should not be.

LostLamb said:
Watches....cannot text on them. Cellphones are just too much of a hazard anymore. You would not believe how many people are on the things driving when legally they should not be.

That's a good point Danielle, in WA state it's illegal to drive while talking, but I have a blue tooth, which I rarely use. Conversations can wait until the drive is over.

mechanicdb said:
Apples and oranges???

Watches have a function, and submit a bit of fashion; cell phones have a function, and serve as a distraction. :) ...little rhyming there.

anyway, cell phones update on gps data I believe, and unless you get a fancy dancy watch, it will run off a battery or mechanical functions. Watches are generally smaller, phones are generally bigger. Both have pros and cons.

:shrug :confused not sure exactly what you're after though.

My last watch purchase was a heartrate monitor also for when I exercise. :)

who said I was after anything othr than simple discussion?

Cell phones are much easier to inconspicuously look at while they are sitting on your lap at church... Oh just kidding!

How about a watch that lets you make calls? :)

[attachment=0:3and40qy]phonewatch_1.jpg[/attachment:3and40qy]

This nifty multi-function watch from ThinkGeek is not only good for making/receiving calls, but you can also play MP3 files, watch movies, store hundreds of phone numbers and send SMS messages and enter schedules or notes with basic handwriting recognition.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... les-as-pda

I don't like to ware watches. I also don't like talking on phones, so the primary use for my phone IS to tell time. :lol It fits well in one of the pockets of my tool bag, which is with me five days a week.

I don't do either.
The only thing I need to be on time for is work. There is a clock in each car I drive and clocks at home and work.
My wife has a cell phone, got me one but I don't use it... it's kept in the glove compartment for emergencies. When it beeps I know it's hungry and I feed it.
If someone needs to contact me they know my work schedule and can call me at home. If they don't know my work schedule then I don't know them and they can wait until I get home. :shrug

I'm free
:D

I don't have a cell phone I don't want a cell phone. I like pocket watches the older looking the better.

I have a cell phone, but don't use it as a watch. Half the time it is in my purse. I would prefer a watch but never seem to get around to buying one. Last few I had were not reliable. Cell phones get their time from the Network, so as long as the network is up and running, the time is correct. Maybe having both would be a good idea! :)

watches vs cell phones?

my cell phone IS my watch ;)

but in all seriousness, i have a problem keeping track of watches. thus, i prefer cell phones to keep time. although it can be annoying at times because you can't flip out your cell phone during a test to keep time!

A nice wrist watch is a piece of (masculine) jewelry and will always have a place... As far as just telling time, I am all for using a cell phone for everyday occasions...

Back