Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

What bible verses can I use to justify my feelings on homosexuality?

Hi this is my first post!

I was wondering if anybody could help point me to what bible verses talk about homosexuality. I've had many discussions with gay people recently and wished I knew what parts of the bible I can use to justify my feelings about them.

I was wondering if anybody could help point me to what bible verses talk about homosexuality. I've had many discussions with gay people recently and wished I knew what parts of the bible I can use to justify my feelings about them.

hi init_4_jesus, welcome to CFnet:wave. Below verses will help you but please check your motive fist and pray before discussing it to them . Speak them the truth with gentleness and love.

[FONT=&quot]Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 6:9-10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 19 God destroys Sodom and Gomorrah due to the extensive amount of sin and debauchery going on in the city. .[/FONT]

9 ‘Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness during her menstrual impurity. 20 You shall not have intercourse with your neighbor’s wife, to be defiled with her. 21 You shall not give any of your offspring to [k]offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22 You shall not lie with a male as [l]one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to [m]mate with it; it is a perversion.

What is more important is how God feels about it. As you can see He rates it right up there with beastiality.

Honestly, they probably already know what the Bible says about it, even if only in paraphrase.

I think there is value in showing them that their particular (sinful) desire is no more an injustice laid on them by God and nature than the seemingly unjust and unfair (sinful) desires laid on the rest of us. Somehow homosexuals think it unfair that they have to struggle with sexual desires they have no godly outlet for. As a virile, heterosexual, MARRIED man I say, "join the club".

Christianity and the Spirit-filled life is about putting to death sinful desires of the flesh that God has not ordained a godly and holy outlet for. It's not about finding a way to fulfill them. If you can show a homosexual they are no different than the rest of us in that respect and that we just struggle with different desires I think you'll have a better chance of bringing them to the truth. For as I say, they probably already know the Bible condemns that behavior. They need to be taught about the power of fallen flesh and the liberty God gives over fallen flesh by his Holy Spirit to those who receive his mercy and forgiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:
=Jethro Bodine;634497]Honestly, they probably already know what the Bible says about it, even if only in paraphrase.

I think there is value in showing them that their particular (sinful) desire is no more an injustice laid on them by God and nature than the seemingly unjust and unfair (sinful) desires laid on the rest of us. Somehow homosexuals think it unfair that they have to struggle with sexual desires they have no godly outlet for. As a virile, heterosexual, MARRIED man I say, "join the club".

I would like to add and share the following persepctive to the OP...

Life is not really all that complicated from God's point of View. God gives EACH of us tow; AND ONLY TWO choices:

1. We [you and me] are in charge:shame

2. We allow, permit and invite God to REAMIN i charge:yes

Every corss that we are GIVEN to carry is made by the carpendars son; Jesus.
Take Up your Cross and Follow Me

Phil.2: 8 “And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross Luke.9 :23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Mark.8: 34 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. Luke.9: 23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Luke.14: 7 Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me, cannot be my disciple.â€

1Pet.4: 13 †But rejoice in so far as you share Christ'ssufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

1Pet.5: 1, 9 “So I exhort the elders among you, as a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ as well as a partaker in the glory that is to be revealed. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world.â€

Phil.1: 29 “For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but alsosuffer for his sake, “

2Thes.1: 5 “This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be made worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you aresuffering “

Heb. 2: 10
For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Perhaps the most telling; the most insightful verse that SHARPLY outlies God's view on homosexually is this dire warning:
Gen.38: 6-10

“And Judah took a wife for Er his first-born, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's first-born, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. Then Judah [the Father of both sons] said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife, and perform the duty of a brother-in-law to her, and raise up offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so when he went in to his brother's wife he spilled the semen on the ground, lest he should give offspring to his brother. And what he did was displeasing in the sight of the LORD, and he slew him also.

So dear friend, accept your cross for what it is. YOU'RE Cross. Stay holy for the Loed our God is holy.

God Bless you and assist you with your cross!

Patrick68:pray

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 6:9-10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
This passage you shared, to me, are some of the most powerful words in all of scripture. Use this when you need to make a quick, powerful, and pointed truth known to someone. It leaves little doubt as to the truth about these things.

"12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit..." (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 is very good, but don't stop there!

Include verse 11 as well:

Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

This will show that God certainly does love homosexuals, redeems them, and recreates them in new life.

Be prepared though, as Jethro said, that they will most likely know these Scriptures and be able to excuse away all of it.

In 2009 the Evangelical Lutheran Church formally adopted a "Social Statement" on human sexuality based upon a years long study, in which every single one of these texts regarding homosexuality was explained to not be about someone living in a "life long committed monogamous relationship with a person of the same sex." The texts were explained to be about the sexual worship of idols, rape (as in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah), or pederasty (a sexual relationship between an older man and an adolescent boy).

The ELCA explained each and every reference in the Bible regarding homosexuality in this way.... and they aren't the only ones to do it.

So, while knowing these texts are good, understand that if and when you share them, you will be hammered with many arguments about them.

Also include James 2:10 which states basically that all sins are equally offensive to God so that people will understand that we don't single out gays for being gay but our intent is to with much prayer and relationship with the Holy Ghost...be an example that all sins ought to be confessed to Jesus

It is hard to tell which direction you are asking, for or against?? Condoning sin starts in Gen. 3 with God stating a FACT & the devil lieing. Most today teach that God did indeed lie & satan told the truth. So if anyone wants to sin, it is easy to point out that the huge mass of Rev. 17:1-5 ones are simply there to see the Eternally (Obad. 1:16) Lost in Rev.!:sad

--Elijah

My thought is that it is more material to discover what the lie is that has been exchanged for the truth of God which has motivated him to make the response he has.

I think that it's crucial to communicate the main message of the Word to any unbeliever -- that we are to love God first, and others as we love ourselves. To me this means that we are to emphasize the fact that there is a single measure for all sinners and no double standard used. All Christians are called to deny themselves and told to count the cost. All Christians can count on Jesus to continue with them, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

:confused: :fullautoTo what end do some Christians state that homosexuality is an abomination to God without quickly following that even having an uneven scale in one's possession (where your thumb is planted on your side) is also an abomination?

"A false balance [is] abomination to the LORD: but a just weight [is] his delight." - (Pro 11:1 KJV)
"Divers weights [are] an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance [is] not good." - (Pro 20:23 KJV)

I don't see the difference b/w our ministry to homosexuals and the ministry that Jesus delivered by example:
"Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.

But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not]. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord.

And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." - (Jhn 8:1-12 KJV)

Consider also, the woman at the well, who came to Jesus and Jesus asked her (a Samaritan) for a drink of water:

"Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with [his] journey, sat thus on the well: [and] it was about the sixth hour.

There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. ... Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." - (Jhn 4:5-7, 9-10 KJV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back