Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What Christians and Jews have in common.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

First Christians and Jews serve the same God, The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God said to Abraham, And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for and everrlasting covenant ( Gen. 17:7). The length of that covenant is evrerlasting. In the New Testament, Paul said to the believing Jews, Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham, So then those who are of faith are blesswed with believing Abraham ( Gal. 3:7, 9). So Christians and Jews have their spiritual roots in Abraham.

In addition, Christians have received the patriarchs from the Jewish people, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And we have received the prophets of the Word of God, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel, Amos, Hagggggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. Go to the New Testament and you find Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, the first family of Christendom, and they're all Jews. Study the family trees of the Apostles and you'll see that they were all Jewish. Lest we overlook it, the Word of God, every word of it, was written by individuals who were Jewish. Everything concerrning the Christian faith is rooted in the Jewish world.

Jesus attended the synagogue and celebrated His bar mitzah at the age of thirteen. He wore a prayer shawl from that day until the day of His death. He celebrated the Passover, and He died with Matzo in His teeth. He was born a Jew, lived as a Jew, was condemned to the cross as a Jew, and He will come back to this earth as a Jew. How is it possible, then, that some Christians around the world teach that God has cast the Jews off for the church, or that the Jews should be hated? Such teaching is a satanic lie.

May God bless, golfjack

And we have received the prophets of the Word of God, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Joel, Amos, Hagggggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.

golf...do you stutter?Loooool Sorry, I couldn't pass that up-the devil made me say that! :-D

BTW-You keep this up and Poke is going to be PMing you for sure :biggrin

D46, You are so funnnnnnnny. Ooops, there I go again. Do you want me to fix you up with a nice Catholic Lady? Ooops, The devil made me say that. Ha, Ha.

May God bless, golfjack

No thanks...I was married to a former Catholic for 18 years...rather be a hermit!

Yes the Jewish origins of faith are forgotten by most Protestants and Catholics alike.

However, to answer the question I propose this: Romans 11 - Pauls illustration (and prophesy) about the olive tree with its wild and natural branches.

In Christ: Stranger

Traditional Judaism does not worship the God of Abraham, they worship a God of their own choosing. They will finally accept a false Christ because of their present blindness to the truth. God will open their eyes to the truth in the future, and restore them according to the promises, but in the meantime we have much to thank them for, in their blindness. The two verses confirm that their rejection of Christ, also confirms their worship of another God, not the God of Abraham.

John 5:23
23: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
KJV

John 14:9
9: Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
KJV

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back