Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What Counts

WalterandDebbie

CF Ambassador
Sabbath Overseer
Saturday 4-23-22 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Abib/Nisan 21, 5782 35th. Spring Day

7th. Day Of Unleavened Bread, The 7th. Day Of Passover: Chag Sameach!

What Happens On The 7Th Day Of Passover? Passover commemorates the completion of the Red Sea by Moses during the seventh day of Passover, so that the Israelites may escape Pharoah by sea. Do You Say Happy Last Day Of Passover? Chag Sameach stands for Passover and simply states that God Bless the family.

Omer Counting:

Day 6 -- Yesod of Chesed: Bonding in Loving-kindness

For love to be eternal it requires bonding. A sense of togetherness which actualizes the love in a joint effort. An intimate connection, kinship and attachment, benefiting both parties. This bonding bears fruit; the fruit born out of a healthy union.

Exercise for the day: Start building something constructive together with a loved one

What Counts
[IMG]

Read: Romans 14:13–23 | Bible in a Year: 2 Samuel 16–18; Luke 17:20–37
Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. Romans 14:19

My friend recounted how she’d pointedly been asked by a fellow believer and colleague which political party she belonged to. His aim in asking the question seemed to be to predict whether he agreed with her on any number of issues currently dividing their community.

In an effort to find common ground between them, she simply replied, “Since we’re both believers, I’d rather focus on our unity in Christ.”

People were also divided in Paul’s day, though over different issues. Topics such as what foods were permissible to eat and what days were considered holy brought disagreement among the Christians in Rome.

Despite being “fully convinced in their own mind” on whichever position they held, Paul reminds them of their common ground: living for Jesus (Romans 14:5–9). Instead of passing judgment on one another, he encouraged them to “do what leads to peace and to mutual edification” (v. 19).

In an era when many countries, churches, and communities are divided over issues large and small, we can point one another to the unifying truth of Christ’s work on the cross to secure our life with Him eternally.

Paul’s reminder that we ought not “destroy the work of God” (v. 20) with our individual positions is as timely today as it was 2,000 years ago. Instead of passing judgment on one another, we can act in love and live in a way that honors our brothers and sisters.

When did a difference of opinion cause division between you and another believer? If you resolved your differences, how did you do so?

Jesus, thank You for saving me. Forgive me for the times I get distracted by lesser issues and allow division to occur between myself and other believers. Help me to bring unity through focusing on You.

INSIGHT
Two of the most difficult responsibilities for believers in Christ are seen in Paul’s challenge in Romans 14:19—we’re to pursue the things that make for peace and the things that edify one another. The first is difficult because there are many divisive elements in the life of the church.

A heart of peace, which is the fruit of wisdom (as seen in James 3:13–18), is necessary if we’re to display relationships that honor God. The goal of edification is difficult because it’s easy to look out only for our own interests. Keeping our responsibilities to one another is essential if we’re to display Jesus in our world.

By Kirsten Holmberg|April 23rd, 2022

Love, Walter and Debbie

Back