Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study What happens to fish when they die?

1pet2_9

We went over this verse today in church:
Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth disappeared, and the sea vanished.

Notice the part underlined. Does this mean there is no sea in heaven? If so, then what happens to fish when they die?

This is a big deal to me. It actually made me emotional in church. Because if fish don't go to heaven--namely, if when they die they're just dead--then what does that mean for dogs or cats? Why would dogs or cats be any different from fish?

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The first heaven and the first earth disappeared, and the sea vanished.

Notice the part underlined. Does this mean there is no sea in heaven? If so, then what happens to fish when they die?

This is a big deal to me. It actually made me emotional in church. Because if fish don't go to heaven--namely, if when they die they're just dead--then what does that mean for dogs or cats? Why would dogs or cats be any different from fish?
We are told that when Jesus comes again there will be a new heaven and a new earth.
So there will be fish, birds, animals and insects.
The big difference is they will be part of the perfect creation and will no longer be frightened of people or eat one another so you will be able to befriend tigers, elephants, whales and vutures.
Obviously not all at the same time or while on land or in the water.

In Jewish thought, I think the sea represents chaos unlike water, lakes or oceans which are bodies of water. If this is true, then what John is writing is really this. All chaos disappeared.

God is good.
God cannot be bad because He is too busy being good.

With me so far?

So... what conclusions can be made from this?
If it is good for you to have your pets in Heaven then you will. If it isn't.... well, refer to my first assertion.

God is good.
God cannot be bad because He is too busy being good.

With me so far?

So... what conclusions can be made from this?
If it is good for you to have your pets in Heaven then you will. If it isn't.... well, refer to my first assertion.

Yes, but I honestly can't imagine why we wouldn't have our pets with us in Heaven. :)

I cling to this, I Corinthians 13:
8 Love is eternal. There are inspired messages, but they are temporary; there are gifts of speaking in strange tongues, but they will cease; there is knowledge, but it will pass.

If our pets just die, then that love really dies with it. Especially if we know they just die ahead of time--then my attachment even on earth just isn't the same. It says love is eternal, but how can that love be, if our pets are not?

However, my attachment to my pet goldfish is not nearly what it is for dogs and cats. Still, it is far from reassuring if I am reading Revelation right, there is no sea in Heaven, and fish just die. So now we're down to some animal species go to Heaven, but some don't?

I just got a text saying my friend lost his dog today. :sad I was having dinner with him a few days ago, when he got a call on his cell from his wife. The dog collapsed on a walk. I guess she never got up.

Back