Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] What if.....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

What if something we always thought was true wasn't?

And what if you found out the thing you suspected to be true actually was?

About a week ago I went to the local library and I was praying asking the lord for a book and I was drawn to a random book on a bookshelf.

The name of the book was The Noetic Universe by Dean Radin (The Senior scientist at the institute of Noetic Sciences). It is about Psi. i have the 2009 reprint of the 1997 one.

Defn: The term psi denotes anomalous processes of information or energy transfer, processes such as telepathy or other forms of extrasensory perception that are currently unexplained in terms of known physical or biological mechanisms.

From what the author of the book was saying is that Psi really exists and has been proven scientifically thousands upon thousands of times under closely controlled experiments and the results tallied to rule out coincidence as an option.

Apparently things like hunches, intuition, the ability to connect with someone else's mind over distance to think thoughts into their heads actually works. It has been proven by observation only. It has been apparently had repeated tests by different people many times and re proven with similar results. I am talking thousands of tests.

Things like Telepathy, remote viewing etc have been funded and tested by the US government to see if they can be used to locate things in enemy territory as a safer alternative to going there physically.

Something that really interested me was the way they tested the human brain and were suspecting it i may be able to connect to future and past events in our lives. This would back up prophecy and eternal life perfectly.

In a way I have always suspected this to be the truth.

Here is the big "What if".

What if these things are nothing more than our natural abilities as humans and they have been incorrectly labeled as caused by an evil entity by us and we unnecessarily at times make people feel guilty for it.

My personal belief is that's all these Psi things are is just the way our mind works. there is sure more to us than the physical limitations someone decided to tell us all we have. If the lord gave them to us so I am going to make them as available as my mind and body is.

Btw I have been able to do remote viewing type things with lots of success. I found it by accident one day. It is something I wont try to do unless I have consent to try if it is a person.

I sure don't think it and many other things like it is evil demonic or occult. It is just a part of the complexities of our mind/souls/spirit connection .I think it might be another example that proves a creator is needed to create something so complex as a human.

I think if this is all true as the scientific experiments showed it would be great to embrace it and use it for Gods glory in building up the Kingdom if there is a way.

Note: Psi is completely different to divination.

This is the place the author of the book works for
http://noetic.org/

I am about halfway through the book and it is really interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a $1,000,000 prize up for grabs for anybody who can demonstrate supernatural abilities under scientific observation.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

It remains unclaimed by anybody, and many prominent psychics have refused to take the test.
I know about that prize. The cynic in me thinks a prize that big might have the odds stacked in Favour of the house a little bit. I must admit to never reading the terms and conditions.

Look at this video I just found it after your post.

I think this stuff looks really Legit. - watch the video in the web page. some professor guy is saying stuff like I read and some new things that could explain a lot of things.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread806980/pg1

I know about that prize. The cynic in me thinks a prize that big might have the odds stacked in Favour of the house a little bit. I must admit to never reading the terms and conditions.

It requires that the person put down in writing, in advance, specifically what will be done. And then Randi designs an experiment to eliminate any possible source of errors. Then the person claiming the ability looks over the experiment, and determines whether or not anything will interfere with his performance.

Once both sides are agreed on the set-up, they go forward and test it. So far, no one can win under those circumstances. Usually, the claim is that careful elimination of any source of help produces "bad vibes" that interfere with psi.

If so, it's off the table for science.

I think this stuff looks really Legit. - watch the video in the web page. some professor guy is saying stuff like I read and some new things that could explain a lot of things.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread806980/pg1

"Looks really legit" is a long way from actually being legit. Almost anything can sounds credible if it's dressed up in the right language.

It requires that the person put down in writing, in advance, specifically what will be done. And then Randi designs an experiment to eliminate any possible source of errors.
Not Randi specifically. I believe it's a collaberation among different forum member volunteers to negotiate the procedure. If they pass the preliminary test (and none have :tongue ) then I believe Randi will design the new protocol.

"Looks really legit" is a long way from actually being legit. Almost anything can sounds credible if it's dressed up in the right language.
If it was solely dependent on one source only I wouldn't have posted my thread however it seems to be coming from quite a few.

So If this is right that thee things are proven natural parts of our brain, wouldn't it be fair to say they are ok to be embraced by people?

If it was solely dependent on one source only I wouldn't have posted my thread however it seems to be coming from quite a few.

That also applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and a zoo-load of other cryptids. If enough people believe it, it doesn't necessarily make it real.

That also applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and a zoo-load of other cryptids. If enough people believe it, it doesn't necessarily make it real.
Do you think it is not real? I have been skeptical myself at times but am leaning more towards belief now its coming from scientists.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back