Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is life without God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I woke up this morning feeling sad and depressed. Things have not been going well. My marriage is horrible. I feel like there is a horrible tension in my house all the time. Everything I say or do makes my husband angry. It made me think that maybe my life is so miserable because I don’t follow god. Maybe my husband is so unhappy because he doesn’t believe in god. What reason would he have to be kind and caring if he doesn’t believe in anything . Why be a good person? Why not lie and cheat and steal? Why am I teaching my children values? There is no purpose if I don’t believe. Why not be just like animals? There has to be a god , there has to be a reason I want to be a good person and I want my children to grow up to be good people. Maybe god is what is missing

I woke up this morning feeling sad and depressed. Things have not been going well. My marriage is horrible. I feel like there is a horrible tension in my house all the time. Everything I say or do makes my husband angry. It made me think that maybe my life is so miserable because I don’t follow god. Maybe my husband is so unhappy because he doesn’t believe in god. What reason would he have to be kind and caring if he doesn’t believe in anything . Why be a good person? Why not lie and cheat and steal? Why am I teaching my children values? There is no purpose if I don’t believe. Why not be just like animals? There has to be a god , there has to be a reason I want to be a good person and I want my children to grow up to be good people. Maybe god is what is missing

Sounds logical. More logical than the alternative.
And that thought or even a small voice inside you reminding and teaching you is your spirit and your conscience.

Every human gets that same voice or feeling or whatever we call it.
The point is that that voice is the real you! Speaking to your own mind!
Heart to mind (to body)

Humans ways of thinking about love is always full of wrong, even if our intentions are "good"
God knows exactly what you need, knows exactly what your husband and kids need.
Both individual and as a family.

Find out what God has to say about what love is and try to put His way or definition before you're own perception in every single act and word.

Try for a while and also expect it to be true and to work in your lifes.
Then compare the difference..

You trying different approaches. And simply acting on the word relentlessly.

Never regretted it myself!! ❤️?

You are asking good questions. That's how we come to faith. I'm still searching. I don't think the search ever ends.
Don't settle for less. Life has meaning. We who believe, think that meaning is God/ Jesus.

Just wanted to add a thing that I have seen making difference in people I know that are married..
The bad once live very much by what they feel.
And always act accordingly..
Feelings may be deceiving, and they often change day by day or even the same day.
You will end up exhausted and depressed .

Build your house on solid ground. God is the rock!
And never Lett anyone bring you down! Even your own family (especially them to be honest)
I really hope the best and will pray!
Shalom!

Hi dashboardchic19
Sorry you are going through such an unhappy time.
I believe God is talking to your heart and you are listening. Life is depressing without God.
He loves you so much anThe Son of God died fo you.
Talk to Him, pour your heart to Him and ask Him to help you. God will guide and comfort you. Your life can completely change.
Pray for your husband too.
Stay hanging around here with us..
You will get good fellowship and guidance from the members here.
If you haven't got a bible it would be fabulous to get one to read

God Bless and guide you.

This is sad. dashboardchic19 reached out to us two months ago and got no response. I feel responsible. dashboardchic19, I offer our most sincere apologies for not responding to you earlier. For some reason I do not recall seeing this thread when it was first posted in May. I hope you are still checking from time to time and maybe can get the answers you seek.

May I ask is that conclusion, 'that your husband is unhappy because he does not believe in God!' your conclusion or what he has told you?

I would urge you to talk with him about his mood, or at least as much as you can, for clues as to why he is unhappy.

I am assuming that there has been a dramatic change in his behaviour and in his demeanor.
Has anything else changed, like his job, friends, drinking habits etc

Would your husband talk to your pastor, or to a doctor.

Just because he is unhappy is no reason for him to make everybody's lives a misery.
He needs to take steps to find out what is wrong and if it is a lack of believe in God.
Then to start reading William lane Craigs philosophical articles that prove the existence of God and for him to refute those articles logically if he still doesn't believe in God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back