Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Where were you on 9/11?

S

Sangheili333

So where were you and what were you doing on the morning of 9/11? I'm a day late on this but oh well!

Sitting in my school office waiting for my mom to pick me up because I was sick. I knew before all the other students because the principal and I sat there watching the TV.

I remember getting up and I was going to turn on the TV so that my little girl could watch her favorite show. However, it was on a news station and the first tower had just been hit. I watch all the breaking news and all the conflicting stories as they were rushing to tell what happened but didn't have any facts yet. Then I watched as it became obvious that we were under attack, the towers, the Pentagon and all the confusion about Flight 93.

When they reported that all airports were shut down, I became quite worried because my niece was returning from South Africa, and I didn't know if she was home yet. That's when I called my sister. She told me that my niece was home safe, but that Tom was on Flight 93, that he had called Deena and told her that the plane was hijacked and that Deena was working with the FBI. I didn't stay on the phone too long with her, because she was waiting for more news from her sister-in-law. Deena is my brother-in-law's niece and she and I are pretty close in age. We used to take care of the younger kids at family gatherings, back when we all lived in California. Anyway, later in the day, when we all knew that Tom's plane had been downed, my sister called back and gave me the details of what happened at least with Deena and the phone calls to Tom. We were very thankful to God for allowing Tom and Deena those final conversations with each other. I never met Tom personally, but I knew of him via family connections, just that he was a great guy and a good father. I remember my sister telling me when Deena got married that she had "quite the catch".

Heather, you said on the other thread that we owe it to the families to remember, and I agree. We not only owe it to the families, we also owe it to our country to remember. It would say something about our humanity if we just decide to forget all about it. And, unless we teach the kids, forget we will.

handy said:
And, unless we teach the kids, forget we will.

Dora, I completely agree. If I think about what happened enough, I just start to cry. In fact, I'm tearing up just now. I see the memorials that people built and the heartache that people share, and I'm thankful that it isn't me going through that. But I still hurt for them.

I was in route to a customer when the first plane hit the trade center. When I got to the customer shortly after the first plane hit, they were watching the news on their tv and we were talking about what had just happened trying to figure out what had caused it when we saw the second plane take out the other tower.

We all just stood there numb, not believing what we had just saw... and when the first tower fell, well.. I just can't describe the feeling that engulfed the room. Shortly after wards, everyone was sent home and if I recall, we were told to stay at home until our work area was considered safe to come back to work and the appropriate security measures were taken. Shortly after that episode when the anthrax scare hit, air quality monitors were placed throughout the buildings to constantly sniff the air.

I remember days later as the fighter jets would make their rounds around Detroit and the surrounding area's, often flying directly over our complex. It was a sobering reminder.

I was in my Keyboarding class when we first heard the news that the towers had been hit. I'm a New Jersey native, so by the end of the day we had only half a class room if that much, and dust had started to float in.

I was at tech-school sitting in my typing class. Our instructor wasn't ready to begin the class yet so she said we could surf the web while we waited. Someone in the back of the classroom said that everyone should check the CNN website because the WTC had been attacked. Just then some guy came running up the stairs saying that his sister was in the Pentagon and that a plane had crashed into it. We all just sat there staring at our computer screens, watching the whole thing unfold in still photographs. We weren't allowed to go home, even though classes were canceled, because were were close to a large Air Force base and no one was sure if they would try to attack it or not.

When I got home and saw the footage of the day It was so surreal.

In School during lunch hour watching the 9/11 story unfold. I remember saying " What the heck, did they just bring those buildings down with explosives in a controlled demolition?" Thats pretty much what everyone else was thinking/saying also. Of course we now know how true that notion was. I also remember how they flew a cruise missile into the pentagon :o

caromurp said:
Excuse me!?

Do you really think that?

O yes my friend me and about 60% of the US do not believe the official report on 9/11

Watch loose change i cannot stress this enough.

I fyou wish to talk on this more we should start another thread to avoid hijacking this one.

johnmuise said:
caromurp said:
Excuse me!?

Do you really think that?

O yes my friend me and about 60% of the US do not believe the official report on 9/11

Watch loose change i cannot stress this enough.

I fyou wish to talk on this more we should start another thread to avoid hijacking this one.
Hey, I don't believe it either :D

Hmmm Lets see.

If i have a hole that's 10 meters in diameter can a ball that is 20 meters in diameter fit into it?

Answer = no of course not.

Hmm well according to the official story a 150+/- foot long plane fit into a hole 65 ft wide.

Something is fishy here. :wink:

But i am just a crazy conspiracy theorist i can't be right about anything, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmP2Vy8K ... re=related

The Government would not lie to us would they?....would they? :crying:

I was at school (I was in year 3), and all the boys were saying that a plane had crashed into the pentagon. I thought it was just a crash, and tragic as it was, I didn't know that it was a terrorist attack. I then went home and everyone was watching TV and it was on.

Let's not hijack this thread with conspiracy theories. There are already several threads around here about them. Loose Change is so flawed it's amazing anyone would even consider believing it, but if one wants to have a truly open mind, rather than just be all thrilled about thinking the worst of Bush and the government, they should look into the Popular Mechanics debunking of all the silly theories. But, discuss it on a different thread, not this one.

Back