Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study WHO ARE THE ELECT?

GodsGrace

CF Ambassador
In 2 Timothy 2:10 Paul speaks to Timothy about the ELECT.
Who are the elect?
Thanks.

2 Timothy 2:10

NASB
8Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descendant of David, according to my gospel,
9for which I suffer hardship even to imprisonment as a criminal; but the word of God is not imprisoned.
10For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

NLT
8Always remember that Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, was raised from the dead. This is the Good News I preach.
9And because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained.
10So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

NKJV
8Remember that Jesus Christ, of the seed of David, was raised from the dead according to my gospel,
9for which I suffer trouble as an evildoer, even to the point of chains; but the word of God is not chained.
10Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

NIV
8Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel,
9for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.
10Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

ESV
8Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, the offspring of David, as preached in my gospel,
9for which I am suffering, bound with chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound!
10Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11The saying is trustworthy, for:

Last edited:
In 2 Timothy 2:10 Paul speaks to Timothy about the ELECT.
Who are the elect?
Thanks.

2 Timothy 2:10 NASB
8Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, descendant of David, according to my gospel,
9for which I suffer hardship even to imprisonment as a criminal; but the word of God is not imprisoned.
10For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory.

Those Paul was ministering to, and who he had been called to specifically as a minister to the Gentiles.

What do I win?

I want a three weeks paid vacation to Hawaii with the person of my choice. :)

Those Paul was ministering to, and who he had been called to specifically as a minister to the Gentiles.

What do I win?

I want a three weeks paid vacation to Hawaii with the person of my choice. :)
Not so fast!
If they're the elect, why is their salvation spoken of in the future tense?

Back