Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

WHO IS AUTHORIZED TO PREACH AND TEACH?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

GodsGrace

Staff member
CF Ambassador
Hi Robert, Robert
You posted the following in the Questions and Answers Forum.
It's not allowed to have conversation there - but only between the Original Poster (OP) and members and not between members.

Here's what you stated there:

*********************************************************************************

Brilliant term [referring to EISEGESIS]

www.biblegateway.com

Bible Gateway passage: 2 Peter 1:20 - King James Version

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

I'm partial to the 1611 and in part perhaps due to its being public domain, no copy-write

By divine providence?

The monarchy originally licensed it as we're lead to assume, those documents were said to have burned.

Licensed due to effort to enforce its private interpretation?

Act of Supremacy - English History

The Act of Supremacy is the name of two different acts passed by the English Parliament, both of which establish the English monarch as the head of the Church
englishhistory.net
englishhistory.net

If its authority we're discussing an entire religion was based on that act and its required oath

It also included an Oath of Supremacy, which required anyone taking public or church office to swear allegiance to the monarch as head of the Church and state. Individuals who refused to take the oath could be charged with treason and be put to death.

The severity of the penalties for refusing to take the oath had three different levels. For the first refusal, the offender suffered the loss of all moveable goods. A second offense could mean life in prison and the loss of all real estate. A third offense carried a charge of high treason and death.

The oath was eventually extended to include all members of Parliament and anyone earning a university degree.

And that act spurred by want of divorce, we read that equates to adultery

www.biblegateway.com

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 5:32 - King James Version

But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

So the King, for the sake of adultery rebelled against the Pope

www.biblegateway.com

Bible Gateway passage: 1 Samuel 15:23 - King James Version

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com

Crazy huh?

House Of Cards GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Rõßεrt

Last edited:
Thank you, perhaps my other deleted posts can be added, BTW that other Robert has been MIA awhile,
I used the alt codes as I don't really care for using an alias these days, to old and battle worn I guess :helmet

may I suggest renaming this thread EISEGESIS and giving yourself due credit, it was your term correct?

Thank you, perhaps my other deleted posts can be added, BTW that other Robert has been MIA awhile,
I used the alt codes as I don't really care for using an alias these days, to old and battle worn I guess :helmet

may I suggest renaming this thread EISEGESIS and giving yourself due credit, it was your term correct?
Oh my....no!
Exegesis is what we GET from the bible.
Eisegesis is what we BRING to the bible and pay no attention to what it really states.

Exegesis is explained by those that know the bible better than we do and, even though some doctrines are not agreed to by all denominations, at least they make sense.
Eisegesis is incorrect but done all the time. It's a person believing something first, and then looking for verses that they THINK supports their idea.

All Christians know this term.
No credit for me!

ok, well, a lot of big words :biggrin2

Eisegesis is incorrect but done all the time. It's a person believing something first, and then looking for verses that they THINK supports their idea.

That fits as I intended with regard to the Kings usurping the Pope,
another term for it is Caesaropapism

The Byzantine (Eastern Church) falls under this name , the Czar Ivan IV the Terrible, actually a great deal can be learned here

Many Christians look forward to Revelation and say they will not submit to the beast yet its already been done,
the King implemented the supremacy act, take an oath to him or....

well, its all history and searchable, just not taught.

It also included an Oath of Supremacy, which required anyone taking public or church office to swear allegiance to the monarch as head of the Church and state. Individuals who refused to take the oath could be charged with treason and be put to death.

The severity of the penalties for refusing to take the oath had three different levels. For the first refusal, the offender suffered the loss of all moveable goods. A second offense could mean life in prison and the loss of all real estate. A third offense carried a charge of high treason and death.

The oath was eventually extended to include all members of Parliament and anyone earning a university degree.

This is what borne the Protestant Church, the Church of England, again, rebellion compelled by adultery.

(and the Pope is scary)

ok, well, a lot of big words :biggrin2

That fits as I intended with regard to the Kings usurping the Pope,
another term for it is Caesaropapism

The Byzantine (Eastern Church) falls under this name , the Czar Ivan IV the Terrible, actually a great deal can be learned here

Many Christians look forward to Revelation and say they will not submit to the beast yet its already been done,
the King implemented the supremacy act, take an oath to him or....
A couple of comments....
1. We cannot know if we will submit to anything until the time comes.
Did you know that some Christians believe revelation has already happened?
They are preterists. It would have been the destruction of Jerusalem in 70.
And, actually, Jesus did refer to this in some of His teachings.

well, its all history and searchable, just not taught.

This is what borne the Protestant Church, the Church of England, again, rebellion compelled by adultery.

(and the Pope is scary)
I believe the reformation had already happened by the time of King Henry.
The reformation was started by Martin Luther and the big reason was the selling of indulgences.

A couple of comments....

Careful, I may take this as sincere, don't toy with my emotions I'm sensitive you know, subject to zealous behavior

I believe the reformation had already happened by the time of King Henry.

You'd not be incorrect to say so, many people had en-devoured to break up the Church before the King with lists of excommunicated going back to the first century and possibly the earliest

Remember though, the gates of hell shall not prevail, so any new religion would be just that, new, the Church of England included, that article

will help you see the differences, the East and the King were secular over Church, i.e. beasts

Yes, Luther was Protestant before the King, but how long have false prophets lead people astray?

Its fair to say the King was seduced by what Luther was selling, and I believe his advisors had urged him against it, but he was said to be a madman and certain people had his ear

Not much different than politics today

Just think to yourself, what if Luther was indeed a false prophet?

The implications are of what proportion?

Satan mislead one woman and subsequently all mankind, what could he do with one rogue priest?

some Christians believe revelation has already happened

Maybe it has, maybe we're actors on some cosmic stage playing out a script, we do follow scripture

Or maybe there's selective programming and we're subject to program, go to a play and yo'll get a program

The program is spelled out, perhaps in cursive, spells and curses, goes with sorcery

Hey, there's that guy Simon again

But of course this is all conjecture right?

Took a break for dinner and expected I could edit/continue, seems to editing after a bit?

Anyhow, lets go back a bit further, a certain knowledge was forbidden

It was said (by Satan) man would be as gods

What then?

Seems God verified Satan had spoken the truth 😱

huh what?

There it is

Moving on

What now?

Did you know that some Christians believe revelation has already happened?

And some believe in a Satan seed theory, that Satan seduced Eve, something of this magnitude would give lineage to

Satan being a great great great etc grand pappy

Jews not included, making need for adoption all the more pressing for gentiles

In the 1880's two fundamental shifts occurred, one

Westcott and Hort instituted their 1881 edition from the MINORITY TEXT, also called the NEUTRALTEXT or the ALEXANDRIAN TEXT. Most come from the "B" manuscript (Vatican) and "Aleph"(Sinai), and both omit Mark 16: 9-20. Their minority text includes the English Revised Version of 1881,the ASV, RSV, NEB, NASB, NIV, LB, and almost 100% of the English New Testaments from 1881 tothe present. These two manuscripts represent the corruption that took place between about 100 A.D. and312 A.D. in some 5,337 places.

Two the Apocrypha was removed

Back to knowledge

If God affirming Satan's "truth" didn't alarm you then the minority texts and the Apocrypha being removed likely won't either

John the Baptist was written to

odd way to say what he did, no?

More knowledge

So, knowledge is key and there are vast differences in resources

Gnostic only refers to knowledge but is a slippery slope

Apocrypha refers to hidden

So far what is the point?

We don't know.

What?

Exactly, we don't know what, we have a simple religion, very simple, and it may be simple, except.....

We go about telling people you're saved and give them assurances of it too

Hows this for assurance

or this

Know is the root of knowledge

Knew is past

I first person never knew you second person

Is it possible Jesus wouldn't know someone?

Who's on first. Whats on second.

Who was it that didn't know? I or you? We have a third person too you know, English is tough.

Who gave you your assurance of salvation? One of those guys?

If you're confused that's good, now go in secret and pray for knowledge and wisdom, a whole different subject, pray also with repentance and thankfulness.

all just meant to make you think, ask, seek, knock, blindly trusting others for eternal salvation..... based on all this .... 😱

Forward to now, short a lot of information, these are surface scratches, I did join the Roman Catholic Church praise God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back